HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2005, 01:51 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
Build Log
“BigNasty” Full fuse, full wing. Free Plans and Build Guide.

These are a couple I finished a few months ago but haven’t had time to release. The “BigNasty” is a available in two wing versions, tapered or square wing. Both 37-38 inch wingspan. This is a sweet flying 3D/Sport plane in either 3 or 4 channel configuration. A continuation of the “Nasty” series;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...11#post4168109
It looks like a heavier gas plane until you pick it up, 16.5 oz w/o battery. Flies very slow to very fast. Takes many different motor and battery setups and is a easy intermediate build. If you want a full wing full fuse plane, this will be a great flyer to add to your collection. Give it a try or first build the “Nasty” if you have little sport plane experience, it will make a aerobatic pilot of you in no time.
Enjoy!

Plans- www.ozonefoam.com/bignasty.pdf
One Page plans- www.ozonefoam.com/bignasty1.pdf
Build Guide- www.ozonefoam.com/bnbg.pdf
Tapered Wing plans- www.ozonefoam.com/bntw.pdf

Do not use them for commercial purposes or duplicate and reproduce them. Please do not ask for DXF, DWG, files etc. And please do not repost them elsewhere. They are for your use only, so go have fun.

YEEHAA! Video using a Hacker A30-28s.
www.ozonefoam.com/bn30.wmv 10mgs

Tapered Wing
Video- 1st flight all dressed up. Mostly checking balance and minor aerobatics.
www.ozonefoam.com/bn.wmv Dialup 5mgs.
www.ozonefoam.com/bnc.wmv Cable 9mgs.
Sometimes the server is slow with many viewers, so check back.

StraightWing
The A20 worked great for its size. This video is of its maiden flight, so its nothing crazy, just putting it through a few moves up high until I could trim it out. Used a 11x3.8 SF APC prop and a 1350 TP 3cell.

www.ozonefoam.com/bn11d.wmv dialup 6mgs
www.ozonefoam.com/bn11.wmv cable 8 mgs

Cruisin' around the field....
www.ozonefoam.com/bn3.wmv Cable 19mgs
www.ozonefoam.com/bn3du.wmv Dialup 10mgs

Update 3-12-11
Same motor setup with Zippy 2500 3s
is the way to go. Massive power, yet runs
barely warm.

Update 3/16/07
Want more speed?
The A30-12M with 11x7 apc and a 2100 3cell is ballistic! I have tried this combo and its truly nuts.
Here are the specs:
10x5 apc w/ 3cell 2100-41 amps @ 425 watts
(Very Fast)
A30-12M w11x7 apc and a TP 2100 3cell-Full Throttle, 55amps @ 510 watts.
(Crazy fast!)
And for you true nutcases out there, I tried the same setup with a TP 2200 Extreme 4cell and got 70 amps at 845 watts!
(Insane Fast!! Don't blink..)
The motor/batts will not last long at full throttle on a 4cell. But for short bursts, it rips.
Speed is very fast with the 11x7. The 11x 5.5 will blast off like a rocket. (impressive verticals) but will use more amps doing so.
High speed or drag race. Your choice.
Video soon...
WaterDog is offline Find More Posts by WaterDog
Last edited by WaterDog; Mar 14, 2011 at 02:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2005, 02:57 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Well you know I just have to build this one. I think I'll do this one some justice by making the paint&tape job look decent for once. When do we get to see the video!! Just read the build guide and it looks pretty darn good as usual. Even I can follow those instruction . I think this time I'll look for a decent motor for it. Might take me a few days to get this one done as summer finals are this week but I'll let you know if I have any question.
bass3587 is offline Find More Posts by bass3587
Old Aug 15, 2005, 05:39 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
Video

bass- Just added video to the post. Will add more soon as I can fly and film.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:15 PM
No time to fly
USA, MO, Independence
Joined Nov 2003
360 Posts
Darn you WaterDog, not another full fuse airplane!!!!
To start with, you made the STS which was probably the most fun I have ever had with an airplane. It made the best almost unrecoverable stalls ever, it could roll, loop, and do just about what ever I wanted it to do. I have always wanted a better way than a profile plane to fly aerobatics which are near 3D performance. The box fuse is most likely my favorite way of doing a plane, more realistic looks, but still has the simplicity of profile airplane. I think you hit the nail on the head with this design, I had been wanting to design my own, but with football, and now school I have/ had no time. I will get started on it tomorrow if I can get around to going somewhere and buying some exacto knife blades, I am down to 3 full sheets of foam, and several other sheets with parts cut out on it. I should finish it tomorrow, but the maiden will have to hold off as the football coaches never let us out on time for instance, we were supposed to get out at 7:30, we got out at about 8:40 so since I will be at the fields for a cook out, that makes the perfect time to fly. I will post pictures and maybe video.
Brian
BrMiHi08 is offline Find More Posts by BrMiHi08
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:32 PM
Kansas
Joined Oct 2001
267 Posts
Dang Coaches

but the maiden will have to hold off as the football coaches never let us out on time for instance, we were supposed to get out at 7:30, we got out at about 8:40 so since I will be at the fields for a cook out,

I can't believe a coach would do something like that! I've been coaching Football and Wrestling for 30 years and my wife has scolded me for the same thing. We never seem to get practice done when its scheduled. Well this year I solved some of the problem. I quit Coaching Football, which means, more flying time until cold weather and wrestling season.

Waterdog, that looks like another great plane. I just finished the Nasty yesterday and maidened it today as soon as I got home from teacher workday. It flew great until I stalled it out about 8 foot off the ground and it flopped over on its nose. A little hot glue and it was back up again. I am having to learn the ol' left thumb again. I really haven't flown 4 channel much since I hung up the slimers and started the foamies.

Terry
MatRat is offline Find More Posts by MatRat
Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:51 AM
Yug
Pensacola, FL
Joined Jun 2005
33 Posts
big oll bag of BBQ HOT Pork rinds

WD;

You ROCK!!! I dont know if I will ever compleat one of your other designs befor I start another. I will try to focus on one at a time,(st,sts,nasty, in verious stages of compleation), Now the BIG Nasty? WD, did I say you ROCK? You ROCK.Thank you again.

Yug.
Yug is offline Find More Posts by Yug
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:22 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
BrMiHiO8- Thanks! Glad to hear you like the "STS" so much. It really is a sleeper, more people need to try one and be surprised. Football too!? Tough schedule ya got right now.

MatRat- Yeah! Them dang coaches, always telling us what to do... After all these years at football, you must not know what to do with yourself right now. Must be a little weird. You'll have to build another plane to prevent the heebie jeebies. I'm happy to hear the "Nasty" was a success!

Yug- I'm flattered. Thanks dude. No higher recognition or award than the Grand Pooba of all compliments; "big old bag of Hot BBQ Pork Rinds". I'm not worthy.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 01:31 AM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Hey Yug I just noticed your from P-Cola!! That's my hometown. Hope you made it out ok with all the bad weather that's hit us in the past year. Where do you fly at? Plenty of good places to fly in P-cola. If you haven't finished the Nasty yet, do so. I'm having a ball with it.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:59 AM
show me state
Joined Oct 2004
135 Posts
Hi You have done it again I have to build this big nasty. Just a question or two. The top and bottom of the fuse are the same?
And what are the deminsions of the fire wall/front former?

Thanks Scott
beamerdr is offline Find More Posts by beamerdr
Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:09 PM
Yug
Pensacola, FL
Joined Jun 2005
33 Posts
WaterDog you are an exelant designer and provide outstanding build guides. You are worthy.

Bass3587, We faried ok in denise but still recovering from IVIAN. I have the Nasty, ST, 25% larger STC, and the STS cut out but this darn work thing keeps getting in the way of building them. I am on call 24/7.

Dog, Do you think the rim fier will fly the BIG NASTY?
Yug is offline Find More Posts by Yug
Old Aug 17, 2005, 09:09 PM
Build...Crash...Build...
Williamsburg, Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
570 Posts
Looks like I'm building another Nasty
slowracing is offline Find More Posts by slowracing
Old Aug 17, 2005, 09:19 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Hey WaterDog, since you have two types of wings shown, what, if any difference do the flying characteristics change with the square wing as opposed to the tapered wing?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:04 AM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Hey WaterDog tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:16 AM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
All set now...
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:44 AM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
bass- The tapered wing is a little faster and more for sport/aerobatics, though it will 3D. The square wing has a higher aspect ratio (thicker wing) thats great for slower flight and 3D. It is more a choice on what you think looks better. Hope this helps.
WD