SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 12, 2005, 07:49 PM
Dallas Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2002
111 Posts
How do I Get an AP Business Web Site?

I am finally about to start my RC Aerial Photography business and was wondering how you go about getting a company web address. I want a high quality web site (fast, lots of storage space, lots of capabilities, etc.) and am willing to pay for the service.

My initial thought is that I would need to find a local company to go through that actually owns the server or whatever. I assume they would offer different types of web site services like ones that have larger data storage capabilities and are faster than others.

I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, so forgive me for my ignorance, but I am confident I have what it takes to build and maintain the site with a popular software like Microsoft Frontpage or something like that.

Thanks for any help,

RC Pete
RC Pete is offline Find More Posts by RC Pete
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2005, 07:55 PM
Bradd
USA
Joined Nov 2004
116 Posts
First thing is to get a catchy .com name you can do this at www.godaddy.com thats as much as i know but i do know thats the first thing. I hope this helps and when you figure out how to build a web site can you build one for me thanks
LhcBrad is offline Find More Posts by LhcBrad
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:47 PM
MasterBlaster
New Jersey Exit 7A
Joined Jan 2005
278 Posts
I use
http://www.oneononeinternet.com/
They are in Balitmore MD. Im in Jersey
I pay 13 bucks a months, never a problem,
They are connected to a major internet backbone, so the sites are fast.
your dotcom name is free and registered through their setup search form at there site.
There are lots of isp's, this is the only one I have experience with. 3 yrs all good.

Frontpage is fine for getting started.
You don't need to hire anyone. Frontpage is intuitive, if you can use word you will be able to pick it up quick.
If you want to hire out, find a freelance web designer, we used to charge about 100 a page back in the day. Its around 30 a page now. Template for frontpage save tons of time, and worth the minor investment.
Do it all yourself, its cake. Swish is an easy to learn Flash output program as well, worth a demo look, www.swishzone.com

here is my lame but site 5 years old, the wmv "demo" link on the homepage will give you an idea of the speed.
http://www.rem-studios.com

Good Luck
Evermax
evermax is offline Find More Posts by evermax
Old Aug 13, 2005, 01:32 AM
Dallas Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2002
111 Posts
Thanks Evermax!!!

RC Pete
RC Pete is offline Find More Posts by RC Pete
Old Aug 13, 2005, 04:05 AM
Smashes Things
Montpelier, VA
Joined Feb 2005
2,400 Posts
Yes, there are many outfits. We use 1and1.com. They are based in the UK I believe, but they are pretty cheap. We are using a developer package for $20 per month and get 5 free domain names. She uses Frontpage and loves it.

Check out my wife's site (not AP) http://www.nightingalegallery.com.

Typ
RCTyp is offline Find More Posts by RCTyp
Old Aug 13, 2005, 08:21 AM
I fly low, I'm in high demand
Smithtown, NY
Joined Jul 2003
848 Posts
ICDSoft In my opinion has the most reasonable rates and super customer support. I have tried many hosts since 1996 and this is the best so far.

http://www.icdsoft.com/
birdman11787 is offline Find More Posts by birdman11787