HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2005, 09:03 PM
Ok, were is my plane?
West Jordan, UT USA
Joined Dec 2002
228 Posts
Magnolene is offline Find More Posts by Magnolene
Last edited by Magnolene; Aug 15, 2005 at 10:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2005, 03:26 AM
ALIEN 1
Joined Aug 2005
5 Posts
There is no end to greed, although according to Michael Douglas, "Greed is good!".
Where was Switzerland in WW11?

Can you send me 4 kits from Switzerland. I'll pay in Roubles or Ball Park Franks. Thanks!

Mat B
MAT B is offline Find More Posts by MAT B
Old Aug 19, 2005, 07:35 AM
East Midlands, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Mar 2004
203 Posts
That chap selling on Ebay is a fool. What makes it worse, that phone number is in a place called DERBY, here in the UK which is about, oh 15 miles from me max. Never heard of his shop. Quess he just got on the "Band wagon" trying to make a quick buck. Cant believe people will spend that sort of money. He does not even say what kind of radio ear, motor, esc, lipo pack etc comes with it. If he knew this RC hobbie well then I would have thought he would put all details down.
CHEF-UK is offline Find More Posts by CHEF-UK
Old Aug 19, 2005, 02:56 PM
Master of 1 point landing
Naperville, IL
Joined Jul 2005
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF-UK
That chap selling on Ebay is a fool. What makes it worse, that phone number is in a place called DERBY, here in the UK which is about, oh 15 miles from me max. Never heard of his shop. Quess he just got on the "Band wagon" trying to make a quick buck. Cant believe people will spend that sort of money. He does not even say what kind of radio ear, motor, esc, lipo pack etc comes with it. If he knew this RC hobbie well then I would have thought he would put all details down.
yet apparently he is selling them for over $100 on ebay. GOod for him, a sucker and his money are soon parted, and thats A-OK by me!!! If you want to pay such a premium for something that costs pennies to make - you are a fool. Now I leave to go drink my fine Aquafina bottled water (same exact water that makes pepsi, san carbonation and the pepsi part).
ImaBiggles is offline Find More Posts by ImaBiggles
Old Aug 19, 2005, 03:53 PM
Believer in Technology!
Kansas City, MO
Joined Aug 2004
1,046 Posts
This thread might become a sticky. I am sure Mr Jay would have never dreamed this much publicity! He must be doing good business thanks to us who keep this at the top because vast majority of people who read this forums but has no desire or ability to build will gladly pay the premium price.
PrasadL is offline Find More Posts by PrasadL
Old Aug 19, 2005, 04:14 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Sep 2004
199 Posts
Quote:
Yeah , I don't understand what he is doing. He has 4 different price's of the same thing. The yellow boat is a pic of one I built. The radio shown does not have elevon mixing so would not work . The one in the box look's like it's from proper's plan and is called spaceship or somthing and that motor is not mounted on any thing that looks like ether. Also before this boat he sold tillers with good ratings .I don't get it?
If the picture is stolen you can report the listing to ebay and they might pull it. The link is http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html then choose "report a listing policy violation" and "copying of your listing" and "someone copied text or pictures from another website..."
Chachi639 is offline Find More Posts by Chachi639
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Graham1234 Planes
Old Aug 19, 2005, 04:45 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2004
93 Posts
Well, I'm one of those people that would pay a 2x more for laser cut parts that actually fit. But not 5 times more than what good people are selling it for.

As far as whos plans they are, if they were free on the web somewhere, then he can sell them to people who want to buy the kitted material. We are all typing on the best known story of that type of business mentality. Its all marketing.

As far as who I'll buy it from, I can wait for the "inventors" to get their kits done in America. I think I know who they are.
RAMTech-RC is offline Find More Posts by RAMTech-RC
Old Aug 19, 2005, 08:24 PM
I'm Bonafide!
Wilmington, NC
Joined Aug 2005
1,283 Posts
LOL..Im a noob and even I KNOW this guys an IDIOT
JediKnight2 is offline Find More Posts by JediKnight2
Old Aug 20, 2005, 01:23 PM
Master of 1 point landing
Naperville, IL
Joined Jul 2005
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight2
LOL..Im a noob and even I KNOW this guys an IDIOT
I dont think Idiot is a fair term. He seemingly sells them so if folks want to pay $150 for a $50-$60 kit, he is not to blame. If someone came up to me and wanted to buy my slowstick for $200, it would be his.
ImaBiggles is offline Find More Posts by ImaBiggles
Old Aug 20, 2005, 02:25 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,727 Posts
People have actually bid that plane on eBay up to $310.... SUCKAS!
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Aug 20, 2005, 04:54 PM
Joined Mar 2004
203 Posts
What other motor works well on this model if you cannot get your hands on these sexy littlescreamer then ?
Old Aug 20, 2005, 06:59 PM
Ok, were is my plane?
West Jordan, UT USA
Joined Dec 2002
228 Posts
Your not going to buy this model?
Magnolene is offline Find More Posts by Magnolene
Old Aug 20, 2005, 07:03 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,727 Posts
They must have some good drugs across the pond for someone to ask these prices... between the eBay auction at $450 and the guy that started this thread at $250... they must be seriously passing the dutchie to the left....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Aug 22, 2005, 06:19 AM
Uppity Desert Geekette
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Mar 2005
186 Posts
margotcopeland is offline Find More Posts by margotcopeland
Last edited by margotcopeland; Nov 13, 2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 06:38 AM
Joined Mar 2004
203 Posts
Hay, margotcopeland, do you have a "buy it now" price for that lol

You should stick your "plans" for that on Ebay, I bet you would get some stupid bidders without doubt.