HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2005, 07:06 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4 Posts
Alert
Flying boat kit (hydro-foam) ready - Who wants one

Hi all,

we manufactured some flying boat kits in the Far East. They are ready for purchase next week or the week after. I will post offers in ebay to ensure safe transactions. The price will be about 250$ for the kit with all material needed except the motor, batteries, and other electronics. The boats are alike to those of Connally (who didnt manage to get the kits ready as far as I know).
We are located in Switzerland thus shipments are expensive and that is why the price is a bit high. We will ship anywhere, shipping is included but prepayment will be necessary. I should have pictures ready of the kit in about a week or two, when they arrived.

Anyone is interested, email me.

Jay

email:sj@gno.de
MrJay is offline Find More Posts by MrJay
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2005, 07:10 AM
can you land on that ?
Scottish Highlands
Joined Jan 2005
3,301 Posts
Located in Switzerland ...with a German email address? $250 seems a bit steep.
arrow5 is online now Find More Posts by arrow5
Old Aug 12, 2005, 07:20 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4 Posts
yup, German email address, one of my old accounts before my transer to Switzerland. If that is important?
250. Thats the price. Otherwise I have to much work with it and can spent my time better than getting shipments ready. If you can get it elsewhere chaper, fine. I don't do this commercially only to backfinance my spendings.

Jay
Old Aug 12, 2005, 08:44 AM
and this wire goes where?
Southampton Eastleigh, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
660 Posts
so what is it we would get with this that we wouldn't get with the kit available from Robotbirds (see http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...e5c21821378b1c ) for about $55?!
Dongledell is offline Find More Posts by Dongledell
Old Aug 12, 2005, 08:52 AM
can you land on that ?
Scottish Highlands
Joined Jan 2005
3,301 Posts
Just to clarify the price...do you mean 250 American dollars, or Swiss francs or Euros ?
arrow5 is online now Find More Posts by arrow5
Old Aug 12, 2005, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4 Posts
The Link above is pretty cool and very incexpensive I must admit. That is cool. However, the link is to a boat of EPP which is not depron. The model I am talking about is not a beginners model, its not EPP. Handling will sure be different than with an EPP model.

Let me check out the price again once the kits arrived. I was refering to US $ but for shipments in Europe that could be done much cheaper I was thinking of shipping to the US.

For Europe my price 150 Euro but given the Link above it may be much more convenient for most to use an EPP model instead.

Jay
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:04 AM
I'm dangerously carefree
Media, Pa/Blacksburg Va
Joined Oct 2004
1,238 Posts
does it include the motor or is it just foam. If it is just the foam then $250 is really expensive. The only way I can wrap my head around a $250 kit is if includes a nice B-less motor.
SaMx is offline Find More Posts by SaMx
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:09 AM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
That seems like a rip off at 250 dollars US. I really dout you sell any at that price. These things are not rocket science, I designed one made it out of blu cor foam and it flies great, floats great does all of the four mediums. Nobody would pay you 250 for 6 bucks worth of foam. Good luck on your endevor. Ha Ha!!!!

Ben
Ben-Rod is offline Find More Posts by Ben-Rod
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:15 AM
ViruTs
Denver
Joined Mar 2004
773 Posts
250USD
you gotta be kidding me!
There at least 4-5 place where you can get it for 50
submarco is offline Find More Posts by submarco
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:33 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4 Posts
Ok, ok you are right, some kits are really cheap. Fine, np. I will sell mine locally.

For those that want to build it themselves here are some interesting links - got nothing to do with our kit.

http://www.hydro-foam.de/dateien/www...zzle_tiled.pdf
http://www.hydro-foam.de/dateien/www...foam_tiled.pdf

OK, I am off.

Jay
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:00 PM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Those plans sure do look like Proper's...

Ben
Ben-Rod is offline Find More Posts by Ben-Rod
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:54 PM
Joined Jun 2005
30 Posts
MrJay,

Before you go posting about yer kit and some plans that can be found you outta read these threads carefully.

We are NOT a bunch of fellas that don't have a clue to this hydrofoam craze and would love to find a place to buy it.

It kinda all started here and there are some SUPER HYDROFOAM gurus here and we are all in awe of their success and their kits. Also they post some GREAT advice and building tips, along with motor builders and the like.

So we are NOT a bunch of newbies and have seen your kind come and go......
especially those that say they have a kit and do-NOT accompany any pictures or videos.

So your thread is taken as another one trying to capitalize on this craze at an insane price of $250.

SmokeyJoe
SmokeyJoe is offline Find More Posts by SmokeyJoe
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:05 PM
Groucho21 (newby)
Bristol, England
Joined Aug 2005
4 Posts
100. to the u.k. hmmmm. No thanks.
groucho21 is offline Find More Posts by groucho21
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:26 PM
Believer in Technology!
Kansas City, MO
Joined Aug 2004
1,046 Posts
Best LOL I had in days
PrasadL is offline Find More Posts by PrasadL
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:23 PM
Foam Floats Better
The Big Country of TX.
Joined Oct 2004
2,958 Posts
Sometimes this all just to hard to believe. I'm one of those people that seem to fail to realize how many anal probes there are out there in this world.

Ernest
UAVPilot is offline Find More Posts by UAVPilot