HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2005, 10:35 PM
Joined Mar 2004
271 Posts
Finally received my aero-naut TF4000!!!

After a 7 month wait and several thousand miles of travel (Germany- California- Caribbean-California-Ontario-kentucky- Caribbean!!!!! , It got all the way to my place and was returned to California by the USPS because of an undeliverable address, then re-sent through UPS's network)my TF 4000 for the Rafale finaly arrived, if it were on a frequent flyer program it would have accumulated enough miles to travel the world all over again!!!! Below are some pics;

BTW, I'm working on building a Turbine powered TGA interceptor, and though, Hummm!!! what about an EDF conversion?? what do you guys think?? possible? the plane is HUGE in size, it's the one on the last photo...
Alexis_Ruiz is offline Find More Posts by Alexis_Ruiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:46 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,778 Posts
I have one of these and I think it would be do-able. Its a big fuse but very simple and light enough, not to mention a slippery design. Glad you got the fan too! I would get one in a heartbeat if I knew it would be here within a year or so! lol

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:03 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,491 Posts
Alexis, you're a lucky man! Not only the trip itself, but these are backordered until way into 2006 @ the moment! Have fun with it!!
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Aug 13, 2005, 04:55 PM
Joined Mar 2004
271 Posts
Guys:

Just one major drawback! The instructions are in German and I do not understand a bit!!!, Can anyone who has this fan tell me what should be the location to glue the stator to the shroud?? What should be the distance from the front lip where the mounting ring should be glued? What glue should be used? Epoxy, JB weld, Thick CA??

Help Please!!!
Old Aug 13, 2005, 05:55 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,778 Posts
CA is gonna work best. epoxy doesnt stick very well to epoxy. As for assembly I would say mock up the motor and rotor and push the fan far enough back on the shroud that the back of the stators are even with the back of the housing. I like this method best cause you can lay the tube and the stators on there back on a flat table to aid a straight fit. And on 609's I glue the ring just behind what would be the midle of the rotor. This is the place where you need crush support and will still allow you to slide the fan into a inlet tube far enough.

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Nov 12, 2005, 08:30 PM
Joined Mar 2004
271 Posts
Progress

Finally after 3 months I was able to find some time to do some building on the Interceptor, foam cores are sheeted, formers and retracts are installed, still pending is cutting off the flying surfaces, glassing, installing the duct and finishing, then it's to the design of the TF 4000 installation. Here's how it's today;
Last edited by Alexis_Ruiz; Nov 12, 2005 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 12, 2005, 09:04 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,247 Posts
That looks great Alexis! Looks like it'll be a good flyer.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True