HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2005, 04:55 PM
Chula Vista, California
Joined Jan 2004
83 Posts
Question
What would you pay for this swingarm?

Hi,
The "GP" Style swingarm kit will come with axle (allowing mounting of your brake caliper), stressbar and adjustment bolts. And will fit the T.T. and N.F. bikes.
Any questions, please email info@brazimoto.com
Thanks,
Erik

BRAZIMOTO™
25108-B Marguerite Pkwy Suite 184
Mission Viejo, CA.
92692-2400 USA
(949) 916-8835 phn/fx
MADE IN THE USA
www.brazimoto.com
BRAZIMOTO is offline Find More Posts by BRAZIMOTO
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2005, 05:09 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Looks like Erik has been a busy bee! It looks like they are multi-piece, right?
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Aug 11, 2005, 05:10 PM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
a bit more then the standard swing arm

Its your call give a astimate of the price!!
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Old Aug 11, 2005, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
wow it looks great.But i can only answer when i see the finished product.
But i can tell you this you probably wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.

man where have you guys been?
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Aug 11, 2005, 05:22 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,348 Posts
How 'bout you tell me how much, then I pay?? =)

Regarding 1/5 double swingarms - how easy is it to swap out a rear wheel, and how easy is it to get the alignment right even though there are now two chain adjustment screws (one on each side)?

Ian
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Aug 11, 2005, 05:58 PM
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg
How 'bout you tell me how much, then I pay?? =)

Regarding 1/5 double swingarms - how easy is it to swap out a rear wheel, and how easy is it to get the alignment right even though there are now two chain adjustment screws (one on each side)?

Ian
same as you align a chain on a 1/1 bike! look if the chain is strait from sprocket to sprocket.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 06:10 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Will they fit both nitro and electric bikes? On the nitro bikes, the rear shock is offset to the right to allow the tuned pipe to pass.

As far as price, I'd probably pay whatever your (realistic) asking price was for a first one. What I got for my money would determine how many more of them I would buy, and whether I would recommended them to others.

Best answer I can give you without actually seeing one. I can tell you that the first person to come out with an acceptable milled dual swingarm will sell all he can produce.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Aug 11, 2005, 06:27 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,730 Posts
I can't wait until the rest of the Brazi stuff comes out as well... bikes, riders, parts... I mean the wheels are really nice (saw them in person at the race) and that swingarm looks very cool... but there is a lot of stuff that's supposed to come out that we are all waiting for that I can't wait to see
Akura2 is online now Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Aug 13, 2005, 05:41 AM
napoli, italia
Joined Mar 2005
124 Posts
keep it real !

[QUOTE=As far as price, I'd probably pay whatever your (realistic) asking price was for a first one. What I got for my money would determine how many more of them I would buy, and whether I would recommended them to others.

Best answer I can give you without actually seeing one. I can tell you that the first person to come out with an acceptable milled dual swingarm will sell all he can produce.[/QUOTE]

BRMA Class Rules. Affiliated to the BRCA Large Scale Division

1/5 Scale Motorcycle
1. Constitution
• To encourage and develop the class of 1.5 scale radio control motor cycle racing in the UK.
• The sport is to be managed and policed by its members. Any modifications not deemed in keeping with the spirit of the rules or that will artificially increase the costs of the sport are to be discouraged.
• Any individual bike modifications made that can not easily be replicated by other riders must be commercially available to be deemed eligible.
• The board reserve the right to specifically ban any bikes, accessories or modifications that are
deemed to be against the spirit of these rules or which will raise the cost of radio control
motorcycle racing to an unacceptably high level.
• In the event of a dispute the 1/5 scale motor cycle board will have the final say, and are able to
provide further clarity or interpretation of the sections rules.

so bearing all these factors in mind can the people at brazimoto, produce and provide the parts intended for sale at prices not much higher than
parts /prices already available.
as i see it ,if whoever is going into manufacturing dont take this into account
before they even turnout the 1st piece, then they are doomed to fail.
basically if theres no money to be made in the venture then theres no way it will be viable to pursue.
i appreciate that this swingarm has more to it than whats already out there but that dont mean i should have to pay over the odds for it.
it will still bend after a big crash . thats a certainty ,it may take a bigger beating than the single sider , but i would`nt pay much more than a single sider for the d/sider

example if a single sider cost $45. (cnr price)
i would expext to pay no more than $55-60 tops!! for the doublesider

if brazimoto can knock`em out for that price or less, then i`ll take three please.

jako#7
v-twinlooney is offline Find More Posts by v-twinlooney
Old Aug 13, 2005, 06:07 AM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
and is that a real hydraulic shock with expansion canister?
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
Old Aug 13, 2005, 06:32 AM
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-twinlooney

1/5 Scale Motorcycle
1. Constitution
• To encourage and develop the class of 1.5 scale radio control motor cycle racing in the UK.
• The sport is to be managed and policed by its members. Any modifications not deemed in keeping with the spirit of the rules or that will artificially increase the costs of the sport are to be discouraged.
• Any individual bike modifications made that can not easily be replicated by other riders must be commercially available to be deemed eligible.
• The board reserve the right to specifically ban any bikes, accessories or modifications that are
deemed to be against the spirit of these rules or which will raise the cost of radio control
• In the event of a dispute the 1/5 scale motor cycle board will have the final say, and are able to

so bearing all these factors in mind can the people at brazimoto, produce and provide the parts intended for sale at prices not much higher than
parts /prices already available.
as i see it ,if whoever is going into manufacturing dont take this into account
before they even turnout the 1st piece, then they are doomed to fail.
basically if theres no money to be made in the venture then theres no way it will be viable to pursue.
i appreciate that this swingarm has more to it than whats already out there but that dont mean i should have to pay over the odds for it.
it will still bend after a big crash . thats a certainty ,it may take a bigger beating than the single sider , but i would`nt pay much more than a single sider for the d/sider

example if a single sider cost $45. (cnr price)
i would expext to pay no more than $55-60 tops!! for the doublesider

if brazimoto can knock`em out for that price or less, then i`ll take three please.

jako#7

Youre dead one with that! like the rules . thats the way for not let it get to expensive
Old Aug 13, 2005, 06:40 AM
mp-
Napa, California
Joined Jan 2004
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-twinlooney
BRMA Class Rules. <snip>

<snip>
jako#7
jako#7,

If a manufacturer were designing a racing model with the intention of rendering the NF/TT bikes uncompetitive, how would he decide what price point to aim for? If someone shows up at the track with a Bergonzoni, is he allowed to race? How about an RG1? Is there a formal process by which a model can be given the green light before production machines are cranking out parts?

mp-
mp- is offline Find More Posts by mp-
Old Aug 13, 2005, 07:42 AM
napoli, italia
Joined Mar 2005
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp-
jako#7,

If a manufacturer were designing a racing model with the intention of rendering the NF/TT bikes uncompetitive, how would he decide what price point to aim for? If someone shows up at the track with a Bergonzoni, is he allowed to race? How about an RG1? Is there a formal process by which a model can be given the green light before production machines are cranking out parts?

mp-
a fair point , but one which is also covered by the rules & regulations,
please take the time to read the full ruling of the sports legislation in the
link i have provided. it is my opinoin that all 1/5 bike racing should follow the same regulations, it also covers the point of other manufacturers entering the sport. imparticular to your question see section 3, constuction rules.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.ve...ss%20Rules.doc

1/5 Scale Motorcycle
1. Constitution

2. Racing classes
• Only motorcycles falling under the category of 1/5 scale are covered by these rules. This includes
bikes powered by both Electric and IC motors.
• All championship races are considered to be for electric powered bikes. However IC versions
will be allowed to compete alongside electric bikes with no penalty until such time that a distinct
advantage is demonstrated or when there are sufficient numbers attending each meeting to split
into different class’s.
• Standard class electric- aimed at promoting cheap close racing. Motor to be only 27 turn stock. Chassis must be original kit chassis with only the following mods permitted;
32dp gears, aluminium headstock, aluminium frame spacers, front wheel grub screw mod, aluminium / polymer crashbar mounts, aluminium shock top.
• Modified class electric and IC - aimed at pushing the envelope of 1/5 bike performance. No motor limit or type for electric or nitro.

3. Construction rules
3.1. Appearance
• The essence of the sport is radio control motor cycle racing and as such all bikes entered into a
meeting should be realistic in appearance, neatly finished, and complete with bodywork and rider
all of which should be painted.
• All fairings seat units and rider figures should be to scale and appropriate in both style and colour
Note this list may be added to by the board as and when new, acceptable manufacturers enter the market
3.2. General
3.2.1. Size
• To encourage new manufacturers into the sport only limited size and weight
restrictions are enforced. However all bikes entered must be from a recognised
and approved 1/5 scale bike manufacturer.
• Approved manufacturers currently are: -
o Nuova Faor
o Thunder Tiger
o Harm
o Bergonzoni

3.2.2. Dimensions
• Wheelbase - Max 320 mm Min 280 mm
• Rear Wheel Diameter - Max 95 mm Min 80 mm
• Front Wheel Diameter - Max 95 mm Min 80 mm
• Any tyre width - Max 35mm
• Height of bike inc. rider- Max 300mm Min 240 mm
• Weight – NO minimum limit
3.2.3. Tyres
• Tyres to be specifically available for 1/5 bikes and to be commercially available
• Tyres must be black except for sidewall detail.
• No form of tyre additive is allowed.
3.2.4. Brakes
• Cable operated brakes either disc or drum are allowed in the modified class. Only esc braking allowed in standard class.
3.2.5. Transmission
• In keeping with full size motorcycle design.
3.2.6. Body shells and Rider Figures
• The shape must be realistic, scale representations of actual motorcycles raced
in any Grand Prix, Super Bike or Endurance event although a generic design is
acceptable.
• Paint scheme is left open to each individual and models can be finished in the
rider’s own design.
3.2.7. Aerodynamics
• Any form of aerodynamic aid not in keeping with the full size sport is not
allowed.
• Fairing, body work and rider cannot be trimmed in a way that detracts form the
bikes scale appearance
3.2.8. Motive power
• Electric bikes are limited to 27 turn stock motors in the standard class, no motor limit or type in
the modified class.
• IC bikes are unlimited in size and type of engine, but will only score points in the modified class.
(3.2.9. Exhaust / induction noise
• The complete exhaust system should be contained within the confines of the
body work and fitted in such a way as to minimise the risk of injury to marshals.
It reduce the exhaust noise to a maximum level of 77 decibels at 70meters
distance.
• If any part of the exhaust / silencer system fails or becomes detached during a
race the rider has to return to the pits immediately to have the problem
rectified. Further laps with a noisy engine will result in a penalty decided by the
Race Director, whose decision is final.

4. Racing rules
• Both IC and electric powered bikes will compete in the same event with equal status until such
time that numbers attending allow a split to be made or until such time that the IC class gains a
distinct advantage.
• At meetings containing both cars and bikes race directors should be encouraged to allow bike
riders to marshal other bike heats.
• Until such time as a satisfactory, independent launching method is found for the start of each heat
or final, bikes will started be hand at approximately 1 second intervals after the start tone by a
single start marshal individual.
• Race’s will be of 7min duration.
• A separate or additional drivers breifing will be held at the start of each meeting for all
motorcycle riders at which competitors must be briefed on starting and marshalling procedures
and all matters pertaining to safety.
4. Electrical equipment
4.1. Radio equipment
• Only legal frequencies may be used and all radio equipment must conform to the current
BRCA and UK regulations. Riders are advised to have with them at least two changes of
frequency crystals.
4.2 Batteries
Only 6 cell 7.2v nicad or nimhs allowed in both classes
v-twinlooney is offline Find More Posts by v-twinlooney
Old Aug 13, 2005, 09:02 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Quote...." Any individual bike modifications made that can not easily be replicated by other riders must be commercially available to be deemed eligible."

So......having made my own modified titanium forks,a modified layshaft,extra fittings for the Bergo,a set of triples that don't follow the original measurements,a ride height adjuster,a TT swing arm converted to a double sided one,a through axle made to fit it,different steering support bushes and front axles of a different design, then I must have bikes that are not eligible to compete.

If modifications can only be allowed on a manufacturers whim,then the 1/5 bike scene will not move forwards much.

I would have thought a modified class should be just that,with personal mods allowed. Anyone is free to buy a lathe and a mill and learn to use them to make personal parts,at least you get some sort of quality control,something sadly missing with NF.

And the Spektrum system hasn't been incorporated yet,so there'll be a few in the "Racer" series that aren't legal,what do you propose...disqualify them.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Last edited by Allan Waterfall; Aug 13, 2005 at 09:49 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:16 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
I'm all for Close and competitive racing.But i thrive on being the under dog.That makes me more determine to win.To try new things think outside the box.That's why there's stock and there's modified classes.

IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS! THEN GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Besides it's suppose to be fun fun fun.And if your not haveing fun find a new hobby.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels