Old Aug 11, 2005, 02:17 PM
It just keeps getting better!
Eureka, CA
Joined Oct 2002
1,533 Posts
Any Tips on the Esprit 2 from NE Sail?

Hi!
I picked up an Esprit2 from NE Sail.
The kit looks beautiful and the plans are very complete.
I had considered the origional Esprit before but was put off
by the Clark Y airfoil. The new wing looks very slick and has wash out
built into it. I'm planning on putting a Jeti 15-3 in it and using a 7.5X4 folder
on it for starters. Later I'll switch to a higher pitched fixed prop. I'm thinking
perhaps a gas prop for the extra durability.
I have some of the old style "fatty" Polyquest 2600 3s lipo packs, a pair of which will just fit into the battery compartment.
At least that's my plan so far.
Anyone flying one of these yet? Any thoughts on it?

-Dave
Blue Sky is offline Find More Posts by Blue Sky
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2005, 02:37 PM
Stuart, Florida
Joined Dec 2004
293 Posts
Hi Dave,

I just got an Esprit2 last week and plan to put a Phasor 30-3 with a Jeti 40 amp ESC in it. IMHO I think you will be pushing the 15-3 pretty hard to get any kind of performance out of the Esprit2, even if you build it extra light. I will be using a TP 3s2p 4200 Gen II pack but still havenít decided if I will use a folder or fixed prop. Youíre right the kit/ARF is more than I expected for $69.00!

Having said all that, I think even with plenty of power the Esprit2 will be more of a sport plane than one I would consider high performance.

Steve
FlaFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FlaFlyer
Old Aug 11, 2005, 07:43 PM
It just keeps getting better!
Eureka, CA
Joined Oct 2002
1,533 Posts
What I'm looking for in the Esprit2 is a high performance sports plane. So hopefully it's not too far off the mark. If the 15-3 doesn't do it for me I do have an Aveox 1409/2
waiting for it's chance. I don'y know how the cg is going to work out yet. That will also figure into things.

-Dave
Blue Sky is offline Find More Posts by Blue Sky