HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2005, 06:09 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,321 Posts
Need your TT/NF Nitro tips and tricks!!

Hi guys,

I've been maintaining the RCMCC website for the past year and we've gotten about 1,100 hits per month on the website - mostly from you guys, but I'd bet a lot of beginners read the site as well.

Since we have most of our innovations locked in on the 1/8th scale bike, I was wondering if you guys could suggest tips to compile for our 1/5th nitro section?? And our 1/5th electric section too. Just email a picture of the mod and description to me at ianfran@hotmail.com. Or you can post it here. I'll review, post on the website and give you credit for it.

Also, it'd be great if you guys could suggest the absolute necessary hopups necessary to get the nitro bikes up and running.

Thanks to all!!
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2005, 01:49 AM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
I was thinking it might be a bumper against the battery to limit swingarm sag. If it works, it's a pretty good idea, as the nitro bikes can tend to eat rear shocks regularly.

But it looks more like a chain guide.

Its two way!! yes it rest against the battery's so your first guess is right,(see the first pic) and it strengten the swingarm incase of a crash ,i also made a little alu rest so the battpack don't get damaged and is protected.
it has nothing to do with a chain guide and the clearance is enough so it won't ware out.

now i have to see and wait if it will work to keep the shock a little longer at one piece.

a other mod i did is i made the hole of the rotostart or pullstart in the left main frame bigger so i can take that part out without pulling the frame apart. i found that a irritating. so easy access on the oneway bearing.

Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Last edited by Red Bullie; Aug 10, 2005 at 01:57 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 04:44 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Hey Ron,
What is that fuel tube for? I thought maybe it was a drainage tube but you have it plugged up, so now I don't know!
Tom
BTW,
Can you send me the .jpg files of your Yamaha and Motul stickers, and Michelin too, if you have them?
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Aug 10, 2005, 05:03 AM
Australia
Joined Sep 2003
485 Posts
Hey Tom,

I run a similar drain pipe on my bike. When it's running I leave it blocked, and after a run I remove the plug and let the acculated oil in the pipe drain out. (Ofcourse, you could just leave the bike up on it's end and achieve the same thing)

Pat
pat1967 is offline Find More Posts by pat1967
Old Aug 10, 2005, 06:07 AM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1967
Hey Tom,

I run a similar drain pipe on my bike. When it's running I leave it blocked, and after a run I remove the plug and let the acculated oil in the pipe drain out. (Ofcourse, you could just leave the bike up on it's end and achieve the same thing)

Pat

yep , thats it .

did this on pat's advice to get a better pressure in the fuel tank! and what pat stated himself.

and Tom Give me your e-mail adress! i will send what i have to you..
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:52 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Thanks for the answers guys! You got a PM, Ron!
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou