HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Should we stay or should we go?
Stay at Lowe Park? 1 20.00%
Move to Sagamore Hill Township Park? 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Aug 08, 2005, 09:58 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Should we stay or should we go?

OK guys it's time to decide to move to a new location or stay where we're at. Looking at the posts, I think if we want to try a new park, Sagamore Hill Township Park looks like a good option. So here's the dreaded poll. Should we stay or should we go??

Please vote and comments welcome.
Tommy632 is offline Find More Posts by Tommy632
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2005, 10:00 AM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
Why not actually post a poll?

I wouldn't mind trying the Sagamore Hills park.
OhioPete is offline Find More Posts by OhioPete
Old Aug 08, 2005, 10:03 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
I was working on it when you posted. I'm up in the air about it. I'll just go with whatever.

I guess I do have a couple of thoughts about the parks. One reason to stay at Lowe....... I really liked the way some of us brought our kids and they had a couple of play grounds to play at. I liked the family atmosphere. Reason to move....... The drive for some of you. This might not be as big of a deal to you guys but I just want to be considerate. Another reason to move is that I notice alot of hits for some of you guys. I know that can't be fun. Any way those are my thoughts.
Last edited by Tommy632; Aug 08, 2005 at 10:13 AM. Reason: More thoughts.......
Old Aug 08, 2005, 11:09 AM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
Sagamore Hills park sounds like a long way from Brunswick!!
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old Aug 08, 2005, 12:38 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
I like Lowe park but am always willing to try a new place. The SH park sounds like a winner. I'm already driving 25+ miles to Lowe so what the heck!

matt
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Aug 08, 2005, 01:16 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
We need votes. I'm staying out of the voting because I picked Lowe to begin with.
Old Aug 08, 2005, 02:16 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
Tom

Does it have to be a permanent move? The poll makes it sound like it's for good. I'm all for trying other peoples' sites out. Maybe keep Lowe as the "default" NECF base and do the courtesy roving site every second/third week or so.

Just some ideas....

matt
Old Aug 08, 2005, 02:26 PM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,483 Posts
There are swings and things for the kids at Sagamore Hills Park, although they are a little farther from where we fly than at Lowe.
kdahlhaus is offline Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Aug 08, 2005, 03:12 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalbr
Tom

Does it have to be a permanent move? The poll makes it sound like it's for good. I'm all for trying other peoples' sites out. Maybe keep Lowe as the "default" NECF base and do the courtesy roving site every second/third week or so.

Just some ideas....

matt
No, this doesn't have to be a permanent move. I just thought we could try other sites. If folks are against moving around, that's ok too. We don't have to move at all for that matter.

Tommy
Old Aug 08, 2005, 03:46 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
I'll do whatever everybody decides upon. I just like flying with y'all!

ma
Old Aug 08, 2005, 04:03 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Am I messing things up here?? I didn't mean to complicate anything. My whole thinking from my very first post was to keep it simple. Will changing the location upset what we already have? Maybe I should have thought about this a little more before making this poll? Am I thinking about this way too much???

My goal is to keep us flying together.
Old Aug 08, 2005, 05:05 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
you aren't messing anything up tom! on the other hand, i've been messed up since about age 10 when my neighbor knocked me silly

ma
Old Aug 08, 2005, 07:56 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy632
Am I messing things up here?? I didn't mean to complicate anything. My whole thinking from my very first post was to keep it simple. Will changing the location upset what we already have? Maybe I should have thought about this a little more before making this poll? Am I thinking about this way too much???

My goal is to keep us flying together.
I think that the poll is just worded a little strongly.

I think the idea of using Loew as kind of a homebase is good. I'd like to try a few other areas as well.
OhioPete is offline Find More Posts by OhioPete
Old Aug 08, 2005, 09:38 PM
Elyria, Ohio
Joined Sep 2004
722 Posts
May I suggest that you check out as many flying sites /parks as possible . From my past experience I would say that flying sites ( any type of flying ) disappear faster than they are found .If you rotate from site to site you my find a better site to fly .

Mike 1484
Mike1484 is offline Find More Posts by Mike1484
Old Aug 09, 2005, 07:48 AM
Canal Fulton, Ohio
Joined Jun 2003
544 Posts
Only reason I voted for Lowe is I am trying to get another flyer that lives in the Medina area to join us. Sagamore would be a bit of a trip for him.

I like the idea of moving around. Matt said it best, keep Lowe as a base. Maybe we take the last Sunday (or whatever, just an example) of the month and make that a roaming day.

Dick
Stark Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Stark Flyer
Closed Thread