HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2005, 07:12 PM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,202 Posts
What slope event would you like the World Slope Tour Plane to be at??

I would like to know what slope events the world slope tour plane should be at over the next 12 months... there must be a few events coming up....
The plane is off to its 3rd stop next week end....

I will kick it off...

Host: Mick Molloy / or Melbourne person
Camperdown PSS 2006
Australia Day Jan 26th - 29th

Host: gorgeflyer
4th Annual Retina Burner at Lumber
Last weekend in June 2006

ISR PSS Fest???

Soar Utah??
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
Last edited by Mick Molloy; Aug 07, 2005 at 08:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2005, 07:20 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,940 Posts
How about the ISR PSS Fest-- Memorial Day 2006! May
Soar Utah-- Labor Day 2006! Sept.
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old Aug 07, 2005, 08:03 PM
MINE!
Joined Jul 2003
3,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmig
How about the ISR PSS Fest-- Memorial Day 2006! May
Soar Utah-- Labor Day 2006! Sept.
We need dates as i have no idea when Memorial Day or Labour day are in the US???????
Old Aug 20, 2005, 07:26 AM
MINE!
Joined Jul 2003
3,202 Posts
Must be a few more out there???
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:02 PM
In the (inclined) loop
Up North
Joined Mar 2001
435 Posts
How 'bout the next midwest South Dakata DS Combat Vortex of Death & Axisfest!

Last may we had 23 Weasels (and their airplanes) gathered for a weekend of flying in a very remote, windy, hilly place. One person placed on 150+ list. This fall: more to come...

This falls' windy gathering of aerial debauchery will be Sept 22 - 25, 2005
spaulj is online now Find More Posts by spaulj
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:34 AM
slope-a-holic
Oak Park, CA
Joined Mar 2005
577 Posts
well you guys should come out to vincent and see what big air is really like and if you do thers a chance ill show up and get to meet some of you in person....

@lex
aneigher24 is offline Find More Posts by aneigher24
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:57 AM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,940 Posts
Last week of May--- first week of Sept I believe-- I'll look them up later-- but that's about right--google a calendar!
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old Aug 21, 2005, 01:26 PM
Int'l Slope Observer
Fremont, CA
Joined Oct 2001
1,887 Posts
In Oz For Another Four Months???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Molloy
I will kick it off...

Host: Mick Molloy / or Melbourne person
Camperdown PSS 2006
Australia Day Jan 26th - 29th
Am I the only person that finds this event to be a very Oz-centric event? I didn't sign up as a flyer, but I come into this thread simply as an interested reader -- I had high hopes that this would be a bit like watching an interesting round-the-world travel documentary.

I find myself losing interest due to the seemingly long amount of time that the plane is in Oz.

Just my opinion

John
webguyjv is offline Find More Posts by webguyjv
Old Aug 21, 2005, 03:52 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,437 Posts
John do you understand the size of Australia ? do you also undersatnd that it will take the same time to travel around the States? . It on its 3rd leg now and only 1 month into the tour hardly as you put it Oz-centric event at all , So if you didnt want to be part of it thats fine . But dont go starting rumors that may ruin it for all those that are keen.
as I see it
SteveW
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Aug 21, 2005, 05:29 PM
Int'l Slope Observer
Fremont, CA
Joined Oct 2001
1,887 Posts
Starting Rumours

Hmmm

If this plane is slated to fly in an event in Oz, on 1-06, this puts the plane in that country well over 5 months.

I think my point was I was hoping that the plane would simply move on to another country a bit faster.

I was wrong - sorry for having incorrect expectations
Old Aug 21, 2005, 06:13 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,437 Posts
That I think was a suggestion from Mick things do not exactly pan out as expected the tourer has left NSW and is in Melbourne Victoria now so I dont think it will be there for Camperdown I would assume that after Victoria if no flyers put there hand up In WA then it would go direct to Queensland and then to NZ then hawiian Island before hitting Mainland USA where it would spend much more time travelling around than it did here .I dont think your expectation were wrong but but calling it Oz-centric tend to make it sound like it will never leave these shores .On the other Hand I didnt think that anyone had put time limits on it . I know it was in My posession for 2 weeks only to get one days flying in before it ship off to Victoria . so be patient and let it travel the world in its own time.
SteveW
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Aug 21, 2005, 06:42 PM
MINE!
Joined Jul 2003
3,202 Posts
LOL
It will be off from the land of OZ soon I think after melbourne it will be on to NZ the Hawaii the your mainland, we just want it back around new year....

But gee its only been to 3 places in Australia John so be patient....how long do you think it will be in your country...!!!!! a lot more than 2 months I think..........
Old Aug 21, 2005, 08:20 PM
antipodean recalcitrant
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Joined Feb 2004
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguyjv
Am I the only person that finds this event to be a very Oz-centric event?
Hopefully, yes.

Quote:
I find myself losing interest due to the seemingly long amount of time that the plane is in Oz.
It's only been a few weeks! Do you have ADD or what?!

John - the reality is that many of us can only meet up with flying buddies to fly on the weekend. There are only 6 states and territories in Australia, compared with 50-odd in the US. Most likely the plane will only visit 3 or 4 of the major capital cities once and then it's off to the next continent. This should take approx. 1-2 weeks per leg including some shipping time, so around 6-8 weeks. That is not much time here considering the size of this continent. I would imagine that in the US with so many more states to cover and with 14 times the population, that it will be buzzing around for a much longer time.

Anton
AntonL is offline Find More Posts by AntonL
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:34 PM
Int'l Slope Observer
Fremont, CA
Joined Oct 2001
1,887 Posts
Yes -- I Guess I Have ADD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonL
...It's only been a few weeks! Do you have ADD or what?!
Anton
Cuz I can't add -- I figured we were in the eighth month, and so I *subtracted* (didn't ADD) that from 12, and ADDed one more, to bring us out to 1-26-05, hence my statement of the plane flying in Oz for 5 months.

Sorry to call it like that, but you may have seen it that way if this event had actually started in US. From my standpoint across the pond, there was so much anticipation from a spectator standpoint (excited to read written accounts, see pics and watch videos of all of these amazing slope sites all over the world (Oz, Europe, US, Canada, Hong Kong, Korea - and on and on...), and then to read that the plane may hover over one continent until the end of January '06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonL
...the reality is that many of us can only meet up with flying buddies to fly on the weekend. There are only 6 states and territories in Australia...
This is another phenomenon that I failed to take into account when I was getting excited about tuning into the upcoming coverage. Your point is well taken.

It sounds like the plane may not make it's way back to Oz (after it's trip around the world) until late 2007. Some areas only get really good slope lift at specific times of the year. For example, it's been my experience that here in NorCal during Fall and Winter, we often get dead-calm days or days where it's pouring down rain -- and the brave slopers will get so anxious, they'll go flying in the storm (which can sometimes be awesome fun) - but many fliers will choose instead to hook up to the simulator and stay indoors. If that plane comes to NorCal during Fall/Winter, it could spend several weeks at one residence just waiting for the right conditions.

Hope to see her flying in other countries soon.

Happy Flying ;-)

John
Last edited by webguyjv; Aug 21, 2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 07:30 AM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,742 Posts
The reason I jumped on this idea so quick was if it had started in the states I think the rest of us would be lucky to see it at all and we would be board with it.
Glenn
ZIPPER is online now Find More Posts by ZIPPER