SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2005, 10:41 AM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
Jack, I have that same "blackhole" in my basement. I can't tell you how many small washers, screws and springs it's swallowed

I'm still on the fence about possibly flying the Zero this Sunday. I'll bring it out though. I think I need some more stick time on my E-Starter to get accustomed to the ailerons.
I'm totally jonesing for something else to build, I swear I enjoy building these things almost more than flying 'em.
I think I might hold off on the Simple 400 until I can see one fly. I don't want to step too far ahead. I need stick time most of all.
OhioPete is offline Find More Posts by OhioPete
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2005, 12:32 PM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,519 Posts
Pete, did you see Gene Bond's C-47 thread? People are raving about that plane. Printed the plans last night, but I am forcing myself to finish one of the bird dog or slowstang before cutting foam. It would be a bad place having 3 planes under construction at once.

I found a 3-view of the gliders used in D-Day to tow behind it too. That would be kind of cool to see.
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Sep 02, 2005, 02:06 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
I found the thread and downloaded the plans, look pretty neat. Let me know if you decide to order some of those EDP-100 motors that are on sale. I'll give you money for 2 and split the shipping with you.
Old Sep 02, 2005, 04:53 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPete

I'm totally jonesing for something else to build, I swear I enjoy building these things almost more than flying 'em.

try the SQuiRT. it's a super simple build and really built for a guy like me (noob) who will crash it.
or you might like the Dandy for m MM. ask jim about it.

i'm really interested in the bird dog. any plans out there?
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 02, 2005, 07:04 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
I AM THE WORLDS SLOWEST BUILDER!!!!

Any way the motor is on. I put a Himaxx 2015 next to it for size. I rev'ed it up swinging a 13x8 prop. WOW!!!!! This is going to be fun, I'm planning on using a 14x7.

Tommy632 is offline Find More Posts by Tommy632
Old Sep 02, 2005, 07:06 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
tom

will it be ready for sunday??
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Sep 02, 2005, 07:49 PM
Joined Mar 2002
4,519 Posts
Pete, unfortunately Todd's models is out of them. I placed an order for 4 earlier in the week because Gene said he'll have plans for a 4 engine constellation soon. The rest of the order shipped w/out the engines. If it comes I'll split them with you, but Todd's models wasn't clear that they would be backordered.
Old Sep 02, 2005, 07:53 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
No problem Kevin. I think I'll try the 2 IPS A motors instead, I have two of them on the spare parts pile.
I took the electronics out of the ParkShark to use the servos for the Zero. It was starting to look a little ragged. I still have the airframe though, maybe I'll put the servos and stuff back in if I fly indoors over the winter.
Old Sep 02, 2005, 08:10 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalbr
tom

will it be ready for sunday??

I'm trying to get it done. Everything in this kit needed to be modded or made. So much for being an ARF. It was suppose to go together in like 3 hours. I'm a little off that pace. I really can't stand at my bench long or sit for that matter, so I've had to take breaks often. I'm about to get back to it now.

I also put a fresh motor in the Zagi. Going to try an old style prop this time. You should see how badly burnt the old one is after about 12 flights.

Tommy
Tommy632 is offline Find More Posts by Tommy632
Old Sep 02, 2005, 09:57 PM
Joined Mar 2002
4,519 Posts
I am raising my bottle to the passing of the Park Shark. It was a fun plane to watch, and I'm sure a good one to fly.
Old Sep 02, 2005, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2002
4,519 Posts
Tom, I felt the same way when I put together the my first slow stick. I think it was something like 5 1/2 hours.
Old Sep 03, 2005, 06:45 PM
Elyria, Ohio
Joined Sep 2004
723 Posts
The Russians are coming.

Hope to be flying with you guys pretty soon. Not exactly a warbird but hope it's close enough. Have to tack down the receiver and do a couple test flights before I come out and fly with you guys.
Mike1484 is offline Find More Posts by Mike1484
Old Sep 03, 2005, 07:07 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
That is an awesome paint job Mike

Your welcome to fly with us anytime.
Old Sep 04, 2005, 04:46 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
Matt, can you get a picture of your aileron servo on the P 51??

Thanks,
Jim
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old Sep 04, 2005, 11:08 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
deans ultra

i'm going to change ALL my ends to deans ultra's.
the big question is....what's pos. and neg.
it probably doesn't make a difference just as long as all my connections are consistant but i know there is a correct way.
anyone know?
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)