HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:12 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Pete, I made my 4in1 look like swiss cheese. If your going to do that, I'd just leave the case off. I've now seen others do it and if I had to do it again, I'd have done the same. I cut the bottom of my canopy but not the top yet. I trying to figure how to cut it and still have it look good. I did move my push rods out one hole. Don't really recomend this, the heli is kind of twitchy now and I'm going to put them back to where they belong. I did install the heat sink also.

Thanks for the relpy Tim. I guess we'll do the same.

Tommy
Tommy632 is offline Find More Posts by Tommy632
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:03 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Dec 2002
199 Posts
Does anyone know where you can get a digital scale for a good price? I like to know what weight my planes come out as so I can power them correctly. I have a mail scale that is not digital and it was not cheap. When I looked to replace it with a digital scale it seemed like it would do just fine when I saw the prices of the digitals.

-George
Reciprocity is offline Find More Posts by Reciprocity
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:53 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reciprocity
Does anyone know where you can get a digital scale for a good price? I like to know what weight my planes come out as so I can power them correctly. I have a mail scale that is not digital and it was not cheap. When I looked to replace it with a digital scale it seemed like it would do just fine when I saw the prices of the digitals.

-George
George

I bought my digital scale new off of ebay. There's loads of em there, some better than others. I think I paid $15. Capable of weighing stuff up to 6kg with 1g resolution/13lbs with 0.1oz resolution. Brand name is Escali. You'll have no trouble finding something that suits your needs.

Matt
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:10 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Dec 2002
199 Posts
Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look.

-George
Reciprocity is offline Find More Posts by Reciprocity
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:39 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,109 Posts
That is where I bought mine. It was about $29 shipped. Mine weighs to 3000 grams in .5 gram increments.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2006, 01:43 AM
Mayday!
USA, OH, Olmsted Falls
Joined Sep 2005
1,246 Posts
WattAge Camel weight

Hey, AUW came in at 17.8 oz balanced, suggested weight was between 13 and 15 oz. From what I've read no WattAge planes ever weigh what they're supposed to. With the 7 cell NiMh battery pack, it balanced a little nose heavy (30 cents evened it out), with the recommended 6 cell it was very tail heavy. It (she) is ready to maiden. Tomorrow's (today's) weather is going to be awfully tempting, if only the wind cooperates.

Here are the RCGroups threads I've been quoting:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118155
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295457

Tim
Newtron is offline Find More Posts by Newtron
Old Jan 12, 2006, 07:24 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
Here's a shot of the cutout I made on the CX. I installed my new parts but I must have something still loose as it seems to have a little tail wobble going on. I'm going to open it back up and make sure all the screws are tightened properly.
I started working on my QuickFlickII DLG. The pod (fuselage) is done and I'm starting on the wings. This is my first true balsa build, should be interesting.
OhioPete is offline Find More Posts by OhioPete
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:14 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Pete, since I made my 4in1 case look like swiss cheese I seem to have to fuss way more with the trim then before. Did you notice better or worse after the mod?? I still haven't opened the top of the canopy yet, I did open the bottom though.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:56 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy632
Pete, since I made my 4in1 case look like swiss cheese I seem to have to fuss way more with the trim then before. Did you notice better or worse after the mod?? I still haven't opened the top of the canopy yet, I did open the bottom though.
It's hard to tell. The flight characteristics seem to vary everytime I fly. I haven't had two consecutive flight w/o changing something. It seems to vary a lot depending on the charge left on the pack, temperature, etc.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:37 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Before I did the mod the trim was always the same, start right and end left. Now, Who knows?? LOL
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:04 AM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
I just flew my CX in our warehouse here at work. First time I've ever flown it higher than about 6 ft It went well.

Tommy - Have you started on that EasyGlider Electric of yours yet? I'm considering a E-Glider of some kind. I don't want an Ascent only because several club members already fly them. I was considering the EasyGlider-E but am also open to other ideas. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of affordable (around $100 or so) E-gliders out there.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:19 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Waiting on a few more innards and I should start next week.

Isn't the CX even more fun when you've got some room.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:27 PM
Remember the 131st TFW MO ANG
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined May 2005
988 Posts
My Ascent got just a scratch in the covering of the bottom wing the other day - thought it might have caught a stick or something. I patched it with a strip of chrome silver covering, and added a strip to the bottom of the opposite wing too, figuring that the color will help me see mine and tell it apart from others. So far I am real happy with how it flies.
NanoSio2 is offline Find More Posts by NanoSio2
Old Jan 14, 2006, 04:35 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
Just went for a tube of glue...

Stopped at the Hobby-Not today to pick up a tube of glue for my RV-4 cowl. What did I see sitting on the shelf? It was one of the Cox "Wings" micro warbirds for $20, F4U Corsair. Had to pick it up. I've been kind of following a thread on these. I stopped over to Jack's house and we pulled it out of the box. I was surprised at the quality of the kit. Very well done and, for what you get, well worth the price. Basically an ARF. Need to add your own battery, RX, ESC and servos. IMO, the fit and finish looks better than the GWS Corsair.

20" ws
5 oz. flying weight

Here's the thread I've been watching.

Matt
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Jan 14, 2006, 04:43 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
wow, I like that Corsair!!!
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH