SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:45 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Ben cool little project. Wecome to our group.
Tommy632 is offline Find More Posts by Tommy632
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:14 AM
Akron/Canton, Ohio, United States
Joined Aug 2004
879 Posts
thanks... accidently put my hand down on the plane today, sounded like popcorn poppin' when all the thin balsa went . will probly make a new airframe rather than repairing this one.

bean
beanoman is offline Find More Posts by beanoman
Old Aug 22, 2005, 04:40 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
diddlebug done, next bullet in the chamber will be....

the diddle is all done. AUW RTF is 2.9oz/82g. this one is lighter than the first one i built.

matt
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Aug 22, 2005, 06:59 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,158 Posts
Matt you going to take that one to the dome and let a 3D guy hit that one

Since it has been so windy I started work on my latest Ebay find. I go this for $53 shipped to my door. All balsa and precovered ARF model. Span anout 32" and length about 35". Very nice ARF kit all laser cut balsa and ply. Power will be a Komodo 283 motor with 11 turns.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2005, 07:31 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslusarc
Matt you going to take that one to the dome and let a 3D guy hit that one
I knew you'd be along here before too long, troublemaker! That plane looks nice. Should be able to do some crisp aerobatics. Kind of like the stuff I do (insert sarcasm here).

matt
Old Aug 22, 2005, 07:54 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,158 Posts
You seem to fly that Pretty XL pretty good (no pun intended) . I still need to download that footage from my camera. I need to buy a special cable to do it. It did not come with the camera, so I need to hit Best Buy but I keep forgetting.

The guy I bought this model from has a different version which is more for 3D. Bigger ailerons, longer span and less length, and everyone bids on that verison. I wanted a more "pattern" type model and no one was bidding on this one. So I think I got a real steal on it. I need to finish the radio install. I need another day or so. Now if only the wind would stop.....

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:58 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
geez matt,
you stole the color i was going to use on my next build. oh, well, i guess i'll have to do some other color like......purple or black (with teeth so i can sky shark you).
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:02 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
i look forward to getting a picture of the diddlebug and diddlerod side by side. blue is cool, i won't mind. how often do we fly together anywanys?

matt
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
well, since i saw how nice your diddlebug looks and how good it flies, i am definetly going to buy the diddlerod next week (payday). i'll CA this one so i can build it in one or two nights ( a record for me).

should i buy those servos too. and if you could change your set up, would you and to what?
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:38 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
i'd go with the ones bill sells uness somebody speaks up otherwise. those bluebirds are garbage, they just never center properly. to me that's barely tolerable. barely because i already own a couple and don't want to toss em.

there's really nothing to upgrade on these little guys. weight is everything. the diddlebug flew kind of hot for as light as it is. i can't really see saving weight except for removing some motor/esc wiring. not sure how much that would net me.

matt
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:06 AM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
I'm at work and I can't create a new thread,sorry. The web filter kills most of the buttons and avatars and such so....I got a quick power supply question for you folks. I was moving my daughters mangled electric Barbie Jeep to the treelawn last night for trash pick up this morning when I noticed that the charger might work as a power supply to charge my batteries indoors instead of always running back and forth to the garage to charge my batteries. Could I adapt this unit to connect to the leads on my charger? I was thinking I could cut the adapter off the end and connect my alligator clips to the output wires to power my changer.

Would it work?

OhioPete is offline Find More Posts by OhioPete
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:33 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
The out put is only 1.2 amps. I wouldn't do it.
Tommy632 is offline Find More Posts by Tommy632
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:11 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
I wasn't sure if I it was the 12 V DC that mattered or the Amps. Oh well, thought I might get lucky.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:18 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
A computer power supply is an easy way to go.

Jim
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:54 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
Yea, I'll probably go the computer supply route. I just wanted to see if it would work. I would be ticked if I threw it away and then found out later I could have used it.