HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2005, 09:59 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Jim, can't wait to see that one go!!! I was just looking at the 16/15/4 for my Zagi XS. I'm just looking to run it on the 8 cell 1800s. What do you think?? I'm not looking for blazing speed, just tired of burning up brushed motors. lost number 3 last night.
Tommy632 is offline Find More Posts by Tommy632
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2005, 10:04 AM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
I think I've got an extra 4 turn in my garage!!! I used it in my Unicorn and it would be okay on 8 cells but it really screams for 3 cells or 10 round ones!!! I did use some 9 cell packs for a while and they did pretty good.

Jim
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old Sep 07, 2005, 11:05 AM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Well, lets talk........
Old Sep 07, 2005, 11:13 AM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
careful, that speed thing is addicting!

Jim
Old Sep 07, 2005, 06:55 PM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
Well I got the easy part done, the wing. The fuse is going to be a little harder with all the curves.

EDIT: I got the fuse done as well. Turned out pretty good for my first try IMO. I'd say it's about a 8-10 ft paint job Put some Steel paint on the engine cowlings and spray painted the tips of the prop yellow. Tomorrow hopefully I'll get my order and will be able to get the electronics installed. Then all I should have left to do is put the decals on..well that and try to find the canopy which seems to have gone missing

OhioPete is offline Find More Posts by OhioPete
Last edited by OhioPete; Sep 07, 2005 at 11:54 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2005, 09:22 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Looks good Pete.
Old Sep 08, 2005, 06:37 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,522 Posts
By coincidence, the 'Battle of Britain' just came in the mail from Amazon. ( *Do not* read the thread on 'Best Airplane Movies Ever' if you want to have one-click ordering enabled on Amazon.)

The 'Battle of Lowe Park' can't be too far off.
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Sep 08, 2005, 05:31 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
looks sweet, pete.
good job on the paint scheme.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 08, 2005, 08:44 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
Here is my Devastator ready to tear up the Sky's at Sagamore!!! Too bad I'll be parked at a blackjack table all day Sunday and won't be able to make it!!

Jim
Last edited by BrunswickOH; Sep 08, 2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2005, 09:32 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Ah, your kidding me!! I was hoping for some screaming wings on Sunday.
Old Sep 09, 2005, 08:18 PM
Remember the 131st TFW MO ANG
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined May 2005
988 Posts
Well here it is - I am finally going to have my Mini Funtana finished. All I have left is to set the throws on the ailerons, balance the plane, and pick up a different prop. I should be able to get it squared away in time for a maiden flight on Sunday morning! The hard part will be fighting the temptation to fly it tomorrow - I want to try to take tomorrow to triple check everything to make sure it is good to go for Sunday. I taxi tested it tonight, and it taxied with authority! This is my most powerful plane so far and I am stoked! I may put a red spinner on it instead of the black. Also, I need to order wheel pants from E-Flite. I wasn't going to do that until I had a couple of successful landings under my belt.

NanoSio2 is offline Find More Posts by NanoSio2
Old Sep 09, 2005, 08:26 PM
Mayor of Simpleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Joined Oct 2002
2,193 Posts
Those are real nice. Looking forwark to seeing it fly. I've laid off the building this week, the hip needed a break. But, thanks to Jim, my Zagi will be sporting a new Mega 16/15/4. No more burnt out motors for me!!
Old Sep 09, 2005, 09:22 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
ah, the MF makes its debut. i'll have my camera ready.

matt
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:41 AM
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
That MF looks great, nice bright color as well, it ought to stand out from the crowd
Looking forward to seeing an even more powerful Zagi Tommy!

I finally completed my projects for the week. I got the Spitfire done and changed out the motor on the Zero. I had ordered a 350C motor for the Spit (came with a 300C) but forgot about it and put the stock motor in. Once it's in, it's in It would take cutting the styrofoam around the nose to get it off , You have to mount the motor before putting the fuse halves together. Not wanting to let the 350C sit around I put it in my Zero. It should go pretty good now. I tested it in my basement and it pulls! Might even be able to launch it by holding the plane underhand and giving it a gentle fling. My weight is 9.4 oz (w/o the TP 2S Prolite 1320 I have on order). The Spit came in at 11.6 oz's (w/o battery). Hopefully it will still be a decent performer with the stock 300C motor.
I was hoping my two new lipos would show up Friday. Hopefully they will arrive today so that I can fly something besides the ES on Sunday.

Here's my "Axis -vs- Allies" pic:

Finished Spitfire Pics: Not sure how the bottom "oil coolers" will hold up under landing but they look neat IMO. I did add some FFF supports inside them to hopefully sturdy them up a bit. I wasn't about the put the goofy laning gear GWS provides on them

OhioPete is offline Find More Posts by OhioPete
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:53 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,109 Posts
Looks sweet Pete! Glad to see the kits put to use, and glad to see I am not the only late night builder. I have been getting my GWS Corsair finished. All radio is installed. I am sanding the bumps off ( I hate them,) so need to repaint it. I will post a picture tomorrow. I will have it on Sunday. If your packs do not come, you can use that one I had last week for test flying.

Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member