SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2005, 03:09 PM
Joined Sep 2004
26 Posts
Miss Fanfold, Miss Hangar ....& now Miss Lobster coming to the Far East

I am amazed how fast this is catching on .....

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7298

Is this stuff related to MichaelConnally, Red, Da V or Prop-er ???
or another jumping on the Bandwagon
ulysses is offline Find More Posts by ulysses
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2005, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2005
33 Posts
From the first set of pics in the thread, it appeared as though something quite essential had been forgotten - a motor!!! On the second page, he shows the motor mount, but it really detracted from the model's appearance.
JayR is offline Find More Posts by JayR
Old Aug 03, 2005, 03:45 PM
Joined Sep 2004
26 Posts
Our very 1st self made hydro foamy

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6509
Old Aug 03, 2005, 03:48 PM
Joined Sep 2004
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR
From the first set of pics in the thread, it appeared as though something quite essential had been forgotten - a motor!!! On the second page, he shows the motor mount, but it really detracted from the model's appearance.

Yeah I agree ..... a little skeptical about the whole thing
Old Aug 03, 2005, 03:55 PM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
Michael Mc, was the concept creator and posted an indoor swimming pool cartoonish looking flying non aerobatic hydro with video and free plans on RC groups.

Ernest UAV was inspired to create a full blown aerobatic proportionally correct flying hydro which in turn caught MC's attention, and ernest built him one, they created a video (THE ONE LINKED) in this ADD and then posted they would sell only plans not interested in kits on the RCgroups forum. About an hour latter MC posts he will not sell plans and mysteryously dissapears like someone who created a 200 mile per gallon carburator for a big block V8

With that, its popularity spreads like wildfire, and across the world sharp modelers then try to reverse engineer it, in doing so they find it is a bit of a trick to be able to do water,grass,hard surface AND 3D all as effectively as the original video MC/Ernest created..

Now the horses are out of the barn and patents would be hard to secure IMHO it is fair game.

The MISS HANGAR ONE is the creation of RED, a modler, hobby shop owner and also works in the UAV field just as Ernest , ends up going to market with his own lasar cut design 3 weeks after the original video. It is perfect across all mediums and is selling like hot cakes WITH it's OWN, video of performance. NOT MC"S......

The only thing that stinks is that as people come up with their own creation that they DO NOT present their OWN VIDEO of performance across all mediums.

I warn anyone looking to purchase a Hydro FOAM to INSIST that the creator present a video of their own showing the WATER, GRASS, HARDsurface and 3D all within the same flight is best.

The window of design to capitolize on this kind of performance is not easily done by the average That Looks About Right designer............

One example is adding hardsurface protection can easily screw up water taxi OR add so much weight that 3D is poor.......

This is of course is my opinion as I had been on the scene within the hour of the orginal MC video post..............
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Last edited by c/f; Aug 04, 2005 at 08:48 AM.
Old Aug 03, 2005, 04:34 PM
Joined Sep 2004
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c/f
Michael Mc, was the concept creator and posted an indoor swimming pool cartoonish looking flying non aerobatic hydro with video and free plans on RC groups.

Ernest UAV was inspired to create a full blown aerobatic proportionally correct flying hydro which in turn caught MC's attention, and ernest built him one, they created a video (THE ONE LINKED) in this ADD and then posted they would sell only plans not interested in kits on the RCgroups forum. About an hour latter MC posts he will not sell plans and mysteryously dissapears like someone who created a 200 mile per gallon carburator for a big block V8

With that, its popularity speards like wildfire, and across the world sharp modelers then try to reverse engineer it, in doing so they find it is a bit of a trick to be able to do water,grass,hard surface AND 3D all as effectively as the original video MC/Ernest created..

Now the horses are out of the barn and patents would be hard to secure IMHO it is fair game.

The MISS HANGAR ONE is the creation of RED, a modler, hobby shop owner and also works in the UAV field just as Ernest , ends up going to market with his own lasar cut design 3 weeks after the original video. It is perfect across all mediums and is selling like hot cakes WITH it's OWN, video of performance. NOT MC"S......

The only thing that stinks is that as people come up with their own creation that they DO NOT present their OWN VIDEO of performance across all mediums.

I warn anyone looking to purchase a Hydro FOAM to INSIST that the creator present a video of their own showing the WATER, GRASS, HARDsurface and 3D all within the same flight is best.

The window of design to capitolize on this kind of performance is not easily done by the average That Looks About Right designor............

One example is adding hardsurface protection can easily screw up water taxi OR add so much weight that 3D is poor.......

This is of course is my opinion as I had been on the scene within the hour of the orginal MC video post..............

Great and thanks! You kinda sum up the loads of post on this topic. I have a better understanding of the entire saga now.

Will definitely ask the local seller to have a video or a live demo before I purchase his stuff ...... otherwise I would rather get it direct from RED or MC (if he does come up with something tangible that is)
Old Aug 03, 2005, 04:45 PM
Joined Sep 2004
26 Posts
China's Phoenix entry:

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produ...products_id=557

Gosh ... what will we have next
Old Aug 03, 2005, 05:22 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Wow that's pretty crappy they even went and used Mike and Ernest's Video to sell there Imitation. I hope they crash and burn.

TM
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old Aug 04, 2005, 09:02 AM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
WOW,,,,

Can't seem to find the lobster link any more is it working????
Old Aug 04, 2005, 10:20 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
http://robotbirds.com/catalog/ upper right-hand corner...
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Aug 04, 2005, 10:51 AM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
Thanx Gene ,

But thats not it, The link above to DADDY hobby had a REd/White Depron lobster print. Of which there was performance video included. I keep watching for performance videos.

The robotoy is an EPP design it to does not have a performance video.

Not sure where the lobster came from...............
Old Aug 04, 2005, 12:26 PM
Launchpad McQuack
Netherlands, Moordrecht
Joined Sep 2004
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses
Is this stuff related to MichaelConnally, Red, Da V or Prop-er ???
Well I can't find any similarities between my free plan, and this design. Nice to see a new design!
Prop-er is online now Find More Posts by Prop-er