HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2005, 02:11 AM
Joined Aug 2005
95 Posts
those mini r/c cars converted to those micro park flyers!!

Can someone help me out with this.... ive read the forums about people saying that they have them and that theyve made them using the electronics out of the little cars...and keeping the controllers but i dont understand how to take it from the car and put it into the plane... i have a light plane already its a 14.9" wing span. Can someone please tell me step by step on what to do on taking the electronics out of the car and putting it into the plane itself... cause i see that your going to have to extend the wires cause ther not long enough.. i understand this but im not reall a good electrician so im asking for your help.... any help would be greatly appreciated.
djpikey20 is offline Find More Posts by djpikey20
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2005, 02:28 AM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Welcome to RC Groups,
At the top of the page you post is listed on are a number of threads called "stickies" there is much information about just what you are trying to do.
Lot and lots of reading... if you stick to it you will get there.
good luck
jimbo
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 02, 2005, 02:32 AM
Frozen Polarbear
Alta, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpikey20
Can someone help me out with this.... ive read the forums about people saying that they have them and that theyve made them using the electronics out of the little cars...and keeping the controllers but i dont understand how to take it from the car and put it into the plane... i have a light plane already its a 14.9" wing span. Can someone please tell me step by step on what to do on taking the electronics out of the car and putting it into the plane itself... cause i see that your going to have to extend the wires cause ther not long enough.. i understand this but im not reall a good electrician so im asking for your help.... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here is two links that helped me to make my first Bitplane:
http://members.aol.com/rchelicam/microszr/microszr.htm
http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4392 (at the bottom)

I woluld allso suggest you to read the links at the Sticky "Micro Thread Index (the best place to start)".

Cheers
Tore, Alta
purple is offline Find More Posts by purple
Old Aug 02, 2005, 04:31 PM
Joined Aug 2005
95 Posts
i still dont understand what i have to do for wirering up the model!

please help
Old Aug 02, 2005, 06:25 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Read through the posts mentioned. Everything you need to know is there.
jimbo
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 03, 2005, 03:41 AM
Joined Aug 2005
95 Posts
I looked at those.. i dont know how to read scrimomatic charts or what ever.... anyways dose anyone know were i can get a 145mah Lipo battery.....

Also as i listed above i am interested in building one of these.... So far i purchased a Motor WOrks car, and N-20 LV motor, and a MOSFET chip... and i need to know of a couople of places that i can purchase a GWS 2.5x0.8 Prop?

But the one thing i dont understand is what to do with all the stuff now.... like the agutators for the rutter or what ever... i read that it is better off to just buy one assembled rather than to try to mess with the one on the car...

One last thing i already have a plane that i want to put this all in but is ther a site were i can but a plane body with nothign on it?
Old Aug 03, 2005, 06:20 AM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
I suspect you havent seen the the right pages in the Bitcar threads as mostly there are photos with markings indicating what to do/connect. While it will take a while, I suggest you browse ALL the Bitcar threads. This will give you a chance to understand what needs to be done rather than blindly following directions you dont understand. However the short version is: you will either wire it as it was in the car or switch the steering output with the motor output- so the two steering wire(if you have 4 refer to photos) will connect to your rudder actuator whether original or bought and the motor connections stay the same/or if reversed, well you get the idea.. battery is connected where + and - are on the board.
Lastly you need to dissassemble your car and if ist not pretty much like the photos mentioned above, you need to post a good crisp closeup so the experts can help.
As to Lipos, props etc go to the sticky thread at the top here and check out the vendor list. You will want to look at several sites so you are familar with who carries what and how their prices compare.
Good Luck
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup
Old Aug 03, 2005, 06:31 AM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
this might help, dont think these are in the sticky thread list
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328323
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332210
Old Aug 03, 2005, 06:45 AM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,905 Posts
Follow Crossups advice and spend some time reading the threads. If you don't have experience soldering, now is a good time to start practising. Winding actuators is not difficult but again you will need to read up on theory first. Several vendors listed in the index thread can supply actuators, props, cells etc. You also need a dedicated charger for the lipo cell (!very important!). If you can't read a schematic then I am afraid you will have problems. However it is only a question of following lines from one point to the other so you should quickly get the hang of it. Having all the components in front of you helps a lot.

Good luck

Michael
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
Old Aug 04, 2005, 12:59 AM
Registered Disabuser
Norfolk, Massachussetts
Joined Jul 2003
738 Posts
good luck! I'm doing my first now too! (yes, read the 84 page thread).

quick question- i bought a 90mah and a 140mah cells from BSD.com....can i use the 90 with a DD n20 w/out overamping it or something, and can i charge it at 100mA without wrecking it (the lowest setting on my charger). Thanks, and good luck pikey! expect to learn a lot if you want a successful plane.....
Wertygrog is offline Find More Posts by Wertygrog
Old Aug 04, 2005, 03:26 AM
Joined Aug 2005
95 Posts
thanks for the input... heres the thing... I bought a motor works r/c micro car. the range on it that i tested was 80yrds+ stock with no changes to the reveiver at all, so i figure that wipes out the work with the reciever and stuff. so now all i have to do is put my electronics into the plane with the MOSFET, and i have to put my N20 motor on it. i have a question is i get a 145mah lipo or a 90mah lipo how do i charge it.... anyway i will post picutres of the car the of the chip in the car...could i have you guys look at my picutres and tell me what i have to do next? cause thers a lot of bit plane experts out ther that im certin could help me get throw this....

1 more thing the plane i am using is a rubberband powerd cessena that im converting.... were could i get a cool cheap designed plane that i can convert instead of using this rubber band powered plane?
Old Aug 04, 2005, 04:25 AM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,905 Posts
The 90 cell is on the small side for the N-20 and I don't think it will work well. Use the 140 instead. Charging at 100mA should be OK - I have done it myself and after 20 charges I could not detect any noticeable drop in performance.

djpikey20, to charge a lipo cell you need a lipo charger. Simple as that. You cannot and should not attempt to charge the cells without a dedicated charger. Several vendors have suitable chargers.

Michael
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
Old Aug 04, 2005, 06:46 AM
Malaysia
Joined Mar 2005
354 Posts
Or you can make your own lipo charger.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92475
But it is only recomended if you are good at reading and soldering plus on a tight budjet.
vener is offline Find More Posts by vener
Old Aug 05, 2005, 07:20 PM
Joined Aug 2005
95 Posts
I finally took apart my car... it came with a 80mAH battery already... also i want to build an actuator for it for the rutter.... i went to radio shack and bought 3 50ft wheels of 22gage, 26 gage, and 30 gage magnet wire. I am soppose that i will have to use the 22 gage... anways here the place were it shows you how to make it. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=17871

I dont really understand it tho cause it says to spin in one way. then the other
Old Aug 05, 2005, 08:05 PM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Unfortunately the wire you have is WAY too big. I believe 38-50 awg would be the extreme range of wire used in micro planes. Probably one of the better ways to get small quantities of proper guage wire is inexpenisive 24 hr. 120v timers. For bit car use 40 or 42 awg would be my guess for a 20g model - probably want about 40 ohm resistance, most rx will tolerate less than 40 ohm but remember the current drain will get pretty high

since the thread you mention is 6 pages long you might quote the part giving you trouble...