HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2006, 09:00 PM
Spain
Joined Jun 2004
301 Posts
welcome, .... when you get the plugs and connect the wires to the Rx, while connecting the battery, keep your fingers over the mixeron and rx to feel if there is any overhetaing (due to a bad connection) and if so, diconnect the pack and check all
Spooky H is offline Find More Posts by Spooky H
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2006, 09:07 PM
Spain
Joined Jun 2004
301 Posts
repeated, sorry...
Old Feb 10, 2006, 09:45 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,072 Posts
New PH components have negative in middle

I emailed Ph asking about the new items, and I got the following info. The RX is negative shift, but the negative wires are in the center (they said all future components will be this way). I guess that explains why they asked if the receiver was shrink wrapped. My original was not, but the new one was. (Maybe that's how they can tell if the negative is in the middle or on the right. This also means that to use the new 3 in 1 on old receivers, negative must be switched from the middle to the right. It also explains why my new servos had the wires switched so the negative was in the middle.
WHY DID THEY DO THIS? I DON'T KNOW. I THOUGHT EVERYONE KEPT THE NEGATIVE ON THE RIGHT OR OUTSIDE POST
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 10, 2006, 09:59 PM
Spain
Joined Jun 2004
301 Posts
Yep, I was talking about this with John yesterday also. Different electronic components manufactures from different part of the worl use one or the other wire order.
On the other hand, PH is now dealing with customers form different parts of the world, also. I guess some time was needed to find a way, take in mind they have changed electronics, too.

Nem Jr... Just another thingy... I really recommend to put the rubber band to hold the battery under the electronics, instead of over and around them. It is specially difficult to keep in place 3 componets like your case, with the pressure of the rubber band over them.
I did not want to show it until it was not ready, but it could be useful. My little project, in which all you are more than welcome to contribute if you wish : Micron Tips and Tricks page.
Sorry ,my English grammar may be not very good :
http://www.maxrpm.rchomepage.com/rcg...me_000001.html

there are some pictures about this battery thing.
Last edited by Spooky H; Feb 10, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:23 AM
United States, NY, Mechanicville
Joined Mar 2003
1,203 Posts
Spooky-
Nice start on the Micron Page.. I think you will have the most popular page as these become more popular.

I am going to try and get a good explanation of the lights on the 3/1 board, I will forward it to you for posting

Nem. Jr. - I was able to get the servo connectors at a hobby shop a few weeks ago (in Manassas, VA). I will keep my eyes out for them again. They were sold in a m/f set, and were packaged by Futaba (go figure).
davensocal is offline Find More Posts by davensocal
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:02 AM
Germany
Joined Apr 2005
26 Posts
Carbon Blades

Hello,
does anybody know when and where will be carbon blades available for the Micron?
Thx
/Peter
Displaymax is offline Find More Posts by Displaymax
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:12 AM
Nem Jr.
barryton, Michigan. 49305
Joined Jun 2004
436 Posts
I don't know for sure......I have been making a few set but am waiting to hear back on how they perform. I sent a set to JFassino hoping that he would have them in time for E_Fest and got a word back from him this morning before the event saying he hadn't recieved them in the mail yet. Really urks me bad too!!! I paid for second day so that he would have them in time. I HATE post office employees. He will have them when he gets back I know for sure, but it still *&(*^*&^% me off.

Nem Jr.
Nemesis_49788 is offline Find More Posts by Nemesis_49788
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:35 PM
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Joined Sep 2003
431 Posts
Hello from E-Fest

E-Fest has over 150 pilots and 2 Microns. I flew mine three times today with the new paddles and without the flybar weights. I like they way it flys and it is lighter. The "little guy" does get attention.

Nick3D is at E-Fest too. He managed to win the Helicopter event which was based on the crowds reaction to his flying. All I can say is he is very impresive with a T-Rex. I hope he will fly the Micron, I'd love to see what it can do in the hands of that talented a pilot.

Nemesis...sorry your blades did not arrive as planned. I look forward to trying them tomorrow when I get home. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks to Great Planes for a good job with E-Fest, hope it becomes an annual event.

Jim Fassino
jfassino is online now Find More Posts by jfassino
Last edited by jfassino; Feb 11, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:00 AM
Spain
Joined Jun 2004
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davensocal
Spooky-
Nice start on the Micron Page.. I think you will have the most popular page as these become more popular.

I am going to try and get a good explanation of the lights on the 3/1 board, I will forward it to you for posting
Thanks so much, Davensocal, IŽm glad you like it. I am going to add some more tips soon, but IŽll have to be careful not to give incorrect info that could put the things more difficult... I am seeing now that there is a lot to investigate with the little guy.

Wow... Jfassino... Thanks really a million for this news and nice pictures from E-Fest... you donŽt know how much I enjoyed this morning when I opened the thread page and saw them... Nick pm-ed me on Friday, telling me he was going to the event, and I really would have liked to be there and see that huge meeting, and meet you guys, and I have been all the weekend wondering how the thing would be...
Nice to hear you flied your Micron, and such good news of Nick winning the heli event ( of course!! WELL DONE NICK !!! )

Nem, I am sure youŽll get the rest of the parts you need soon. What a pity, I have some 6gr. servos lying around, but of course they are really too heavy for the Micron, it would not fly well or at all, adequate servos would be, you know, maximum 3,90 gr. each, like the BlueBird servos in the kit.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:10 AM
Joined Dec 2005
59 Posts
Any one know if the M001 $99.95 Micron kit comes with the extra gears in it. I know the older kits had the 76, 108 main and 8, 9, 10 pinions in them. I bought the international kit last month but it only had the 76 main and 9 pinion that were installed. I wonder if PH hasn't dropped the extra gears from all the newer kits now to lower the price. I sent them an e-mail about this over a week ago but haven't had a reply!. Any one get the $ 99.95 kit in the last month and were the gears included?.
Anyone buy one of the 3 amp controllers, esc3 $12.95. Did it come with the small JST wires and plug that plugs into the receiver and the female plug that plugs into the battery?. They sell the M052 Male plug for the battery but have no listing for the female plug M051 used for the 3 in 1 or to charge the battery. My kit came with one on the 3 in 1 and one in a package to make a charger cable but they don't list them on their site. I've searched the web but can't find anything like it. PH hasn't returned an e-mail about this; so any help would be nice. Thank you
RMSlinkers is offline Find More Posts by RMSlinkers
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:37 AM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,522 Posts
RMSlinkers:

I got the complete kit around Christmas, and it had the 76 / 9 tooth gears only. Also, since it came with all the electronics, all the various plugs were attached, so I have no idea about them. It would seem as though Precision Heli should have them though ??!!

Russ
MiniBoy is offline Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:42 AM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,522 Posts
Spooky:

Nice work o the "Tips & Tricks" Thread.

JimF:

I reitterate what Spooker said, nice report on the E-Fest , nice pix, too.

Nick3D:

CONGRATULATIONS with your T-Rex at E-Fest !!!
Did you fly your "Tiny Guy" ??

Russ
MiniBoy is offline Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2006, 02:36 PM
Joined Dec 2005
221 Posts
jfassino,
great pics I love the pic w/ the micron in the air
and the one where it's just relaxing on it's case. I'm still
waiting for my new parts. Jim do you know if you should
keep the plastic cover on the rx. Now I have to watch my poor
wife shovel the 18 inches of snow we got, I can't because of
a herniated disc.
Billy K from N.J.
Billy K is offline Find More Posts by Billy K
Old Feb 12, 2006, 03:29 PM
Nem Jr.
barryton, Michigan. 49305
Joined Jun 2004
436 Posts
DO I have this right?

Just tried drawing something up in paint....Servos go in which plug?
Nemesis_49788 is offline Find More Posts by Nemesis_49788
Old Feb 12, 2006, 06:04 PM
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Joined Sep 2003
431 Posts
Nemesis,

Returned home from E-Fest and your carbon blades were in the mail box. UGH.

Here are some pictures of the installation. More to follow.

Our own Nick will be one of 20 helicopter competing by invitation....after wathcing him fly I may look for a new hobby like cooking. He is a true joy to watch perform.

Jim Fassino
jfassino is online now Find More Posts by jfassino