HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2005, 07:23 PM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
Please tell us!!! Does it FFF at all well? or does it cone pretty quickly and become unflyable at speeds. As much as I want the smallest......it MUST be a high speed performer or I get bored very quickly!!

My guess is, a custom high performance set of blades (easier said than done ) will do the trick with a head stiffener if even needed. Something more on the lines of aftermarket Like90s , not the piccolo blade style the micron apears to sport from the factory.

ALL VEEEEEERRRRY EXPENSIVE!!!! But what does it for you? For me it is a Harley(yes I own a Harley ) , the smallest helis on the planet(That perform well anyway) and my Lovely wonderful wife, bless her heart!
Oh Boy do I go on! What an ass!
Matthew Cotten is offline Find More Posts by Matthew Cotten
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2005, 09:19 PM
Carbondale PA
Joined Aug 2005
542 Posts
All I have been dooing is hovering the model around my house. I was told by Rusty that that the model is good in FFF with the new blades. They are also working on upgrade parts. This is a great model. Joe.
Joe Malinchak is offline Find More Posts by Joe Malinchak
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Laser 3D
Old Oct 15, 2005, 03:33 AM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
Thank you Joe, that is great news!! I am low on funds but someday........
Old Oct 15, 2005, 10:39 AM
Southern New Jersey
Joined Jan 2002
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk
it also looks to end up being pricey after all the equipment is there. just the empty kit is 199, then the mixer is 85, the servos are 59 each so thats another 120 so thats 405 so far and it still doesn't have a gyro in that quote. i would still get one if i could scrape up the funds. oarg i would need a tx & rx too so thats another 200 605!! on second thought..... i'll have to wait for prices to drop.
I removed it.
Don M. is offline Find More Posts by Don M.
Last edited by Don M.; Oct 15, 2005 at 10:53 AM. Reason: after reading reast of posts I realized mine was late so I removed it
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:00 AM
Joined Dec 2004
920 Posts
Joe...

what pinion, what main gear?

i've can't get mine in the air.... no umph to get up.........

tried both the 9 and 10t pinions, with larger main gear (of the two included in the kit).........

need to take an AUW of my bird, but it has translucent blades, (these the new ones?).... servos that are encased, etc etc... all the stuff was in the Micron full kit (not rtf though, you still have to build it)............

two cell need the smaller main gear maybe? smaller main gear will generate more headspeed, right? just like a larger pinion does the same.

thanks for any help?
WRXronald is offline Find More Posts by WRXronald
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:00 AM
Master ReKitter
San Diego,Ca, USA
Joined Aug 2000
2,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Cotten
Please tell us!!! Does it FFF at all well? or does it cone pretty quickly and become unflyable at speeds. As much as I want the smallest......it MUST be a high speed performer or I get bored very quickly!!

My guess is, a custom high performance set of blades (easier said than done ) will do the trick with a head stiffener if even needed. Something more on the lines of aftermarket Like90s , not the piccolo blade style the micron apears to sport from the factory.

ALL VEEEEEERRRRY EXPENSIVE!!!! But what does it for you? For me it is a Harley(yes I own a Harley ) , the smallest helis on the planet(That perform well anyway) and my Lovely wonderful wife, bless her heart!
Oh Boy do I go on! What an ass!
I agree 100% It has to FFF decent or I would bore easily too. Still waiting to here some FFF reports and vids. BTW, I have a hog as well (FLHR).
uglyplane is offline Find More Posts by uglyplane
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:39 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
WRXronald, some of the translucent blades are bad, as mine are and the heli won't lift off the deck. I spent an hour on the phone with Rusty 2 wks ago sorting the problem. I'll bet the blades have a small warp in the center of the length of the leading edge which causes the blades to start to lift than actually stop and start pushing down on the airframe. Mine on the trust stand would get to 10 grams of thrust at 1/4 throttle than from there on the thrust went backwards. Rusty tried a set of blades from the stock he pulled from on his and it wouldn't fly either. I'm still waiting on blades for mine, but he said he was waiting for the final kit version blades (black one like in the picture) to come in from the manufacture so I guess I'll keep waiting.

Also remember the trans blades need to come off the heli when not in use as they'll warp up like a bannana in a vary short time.
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:04 PM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyplane
I agree 100% It has to FFF decent or I would bore easily too. Still waiting to here some FFF reports and vids. BTW, I have a hog as well (FLHR).
Sweet! I'm on my first Hog, 1200C with chopper bars.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:49 PM
Carbondale PA
Joined Aug 2005
542 Posts
I am currently using the small spur gear and the nine tooth pinion. I know Precision heli was having some problems with the first production main blades. They will send out new ones to anyone with defective blades. The weight of this helicopter is critical. Mine weighs 50 grams. You must use the lightest servos, receiver, and gyro available. I am using a 2 gram Penta receiver and the 1.3 gram Didel servos. Precision Heli recommends the Falcon 1.7 gram servos that also work well. I plan on using the 8 tooth pinion with the new blades for longer flight time. Joe.
Joe Malinchak is offline Find More Posts by Joe Malinchak
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Laser 3D
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:37 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Joe that said Rusty is putting out a flight pack for it using Bluebird 4.1 gram servos, the 303's. Actually this setup brings all up to 55 grams using a GWS stock micro JST Rx. Plus Rusty said this setup at full throttle should bust the cielling. But I agree the lighter the better. The larger spur and smaller pin is for a 3 cell setup, hopefully its not needed.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 09:03 PM
Joined Oct 2005
2 Posts
Micron Old Blades

We at Precision Heli wanted to let everybody know what happened with some of the first helicopter blades (a total of five sets) that went out the door. I see there has been alot of talk about absence of lift with these blades let me explain. These blades were made out of a differant plastic that warps over time. When these blades came in they were fine, but over transit some of them warped, which caused the blades to flatten out at high rotor speeds. This is why about half of the five people who received these blades did not see any lift. The good thing is we caught this problem with only five helicopters being sent out with these defective blades.
All five customers who received these blades were sent out 2 sets of new blades(with tons of lift) today 2 day mail. We also included free extra crash parts for there troubles.
We also wanted to let everybody know who ordered there helicopters in advance that the last orders went out today 2-3 day mail for USA and Airmail for International. Currently all orders are shipping on time same day or the following day if you order past 1:00 PM.
Thank you for your time and please feel free to email info@precisionheli.com or call us (904)825-1171 with any ?s you might have.

Thank you,
Precision Heli
Precision John is offline Find More Posts by Precision John
Old Oct 19, 2005, 09:31 PM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
Hi John, there are many of us that want to use your fine parts to build our own custom heli, are ALL factory parts and aluminum aftermarket parts available? Thank you for your time. Matt
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:56 PM
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Joined Dec 2004
992 Posts
Can't wait to get mine!
FHHOBBIES is offline Find More Posts by FHHOBBIES
Old Oct 20, 2005, 05:54 AM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Precision John, thats all anyone can expect. This thread is gonna boom once the rest get this heli. It has the best molding I've seen from a kit in a really long time. Everyones gonna be happy. Now where's the mail man with my blades.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 08:23 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,430 Posts
John,
Welcome to RCGroups and the Micro and Indoor forum. Thanks for clearing up what was going on with your early blades. And, thanks for taking care of it. It's nice to see such good customer service.

I'm not a heli guy. But, yours looks so excellent I might consider taking the plunge at some point. Keep up the good work.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson