HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2005, 07:55 PM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
Huh? ... whats going on here..... .was I left out on something....
Matthew Cotten is offline Find More Posts by Matthew Cotten
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2005, 07:58 PM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
OH!! ,,....Hehe..er.. sorry, YES! 149.00, down from 199.00.....and the complete package is 269.00 I think! Pretty good deal so early on in the game.
Old Nov 05, 2005, 08:03 AM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
If your a heli flier you'd be missing out if you don't get this one. And I really don't want to here about cost as I know how much we spend on buying and keeping a heli flying not to mention the bling factor. Mine right now is as good as the promo vidio and has really suprized me in how well it does fly. Gonna try to get a vid up soon.
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Nov 05, 2005, 11:31 AM
Believer in Technology!
Kansas City, MO
Joined Aug 2004
1,046 Posts
WOW, I was planning to buy a Butterfly for Christmas but now I don't know what to get! This or the Butterfly! I have permission to buy only one toy.
PrasadL is offline Find More Posts by PrasadL
Old Nov 07, 2005, 12:51 PM
Germany
Joined Apr 2005
26 Posts
Brusheless motor for micro palm

I plan to use one of the new 3,3 g or 5,5g WES brushless motors.Unfortunately they are outrunners, so that I to construct a carbon fixing device which will add a slight weight increase. But I think 15W, or 20 Watt max power should be sufficient.
Please tell me your opinion.
Does anybody know the tech. specification of the original motor?
Displaymax is offline Find More Posts by Displaymax
Old Nov 07, 2005, 02:34 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,426 Posts
When I get a chance (could be weeks and weeks) I'll compute motor constants on the motor that comes in the heli. It's a long motor N20 that weighs a tad over 8 grams. Other than that I can't tell you much right now. But, since the Mighty Midget (WES is merely reselling them) Double whopper motor weighs 5.5g and the standard motor weighs 3.5g, it's unlikely the 3.5g motor will be up to the task.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Nov 08, 2005, 01:01 PM
Germany
Joined Apr 2005
26 Posts
Mabuchi FF-N30VB

On the Mabuchi Homepage I found the motor FF-N30VB, which has the same mechanical dimensions,weight and electrical datas as the original heli motor.
In their discription it is mentioned a speed between 11000 and 14000 t/min.
The maximum power is mentioned with 1,6 Watt. In comparison with the brushless motor that seems a little bit low.
During the next weekend I will measure comparison datas myself with the different motors, gears and the rotor of the heli.
Displaymax is offline Find More Posts by Displaymax
Old Nov 09, 2005, 11:37 PM
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Joined Dec 2004
992 Posts
Well I finally got my heli build and flying! Only problem is I can't for the life of me get my JR 8103 to work with it! There is no signal to the RX. I have been flying it with a lower end TX and so far so good!
FHHOBBIES is offline Find More Posts by FHHOBBIES
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:03 AM
United States, TX, Lindale
Joined Apr 2003
910 Posts
good to hear of a micron up and flying, i'm sort of piecing mine together...... got the ph rx and crystal, ordered the servos from another place online but screwed up and got the regular servo ends and not the 303s with the jst micro ends
crazhorse is offline Find More Posts by crazhorse
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:13 AM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
Blue Arrow is sending me one of the first production 6 gram brushless motors they have on there web page, I am thinking of using it in this heli if possible. At least for a tail motor.... I think it may be good for the main also but still no info on KV or prop size with battery etc so we shall see. I should have it within a week or so.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:33 AM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
1,744 Posts
The last vid posted in the thread shows the Micron darting all over the place.

I imagine given the small rotor disc it would be a handful to fly, compounded by the short tail, it really needs to be set-up perfect and have a good gyro setting on that tail, because the tail moves, the whole bird's moving with it...and quickly.

I'd like to see some FF or even FFF indoors on this one.

FWIW, at this point, I'd say my Esky FP with extended boom and ball-in swash upgrade and head stiffener, while much larger, is just as flyable indoors as this little guy. At least for now. If the Micron can be set-up to be more stable, then obviously because of its size you could get much better FF in a living room/great room than the typical micro, which would be its real appeal.

Don't get me wrong--when it flies with some margin of precision doing not only hovers but FF, and the guys that video to prove this share their set-up techniques, then I'll get one.

Kind of reminds me of the tons of posts on the Hornet II series--takes a real attention to detail to get small birds to fly right, but once you do, they're amazing performers for their size. Too many guys give up in frustration and go crazy trying to bling basic set-up issues away, then sell it for a fraction of what they have into the model. It appears you have to be willing to tinker and follow proven recipes for success with micros.
Johnny B is offline Find More Posts by Johnny B
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:49 AM
www.airmidimicros.com
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jan 2004
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B
FWIW, at this point, I'd say my Esky FP with extended boom and ball-in swash upgrade and head stiffener, while much larger, is just as flyable indoors as this little guy.
How do you like your Esky FP heli? I was thinking of getting one as my first RC helicopter.

Mike
Air Midi is offline Find More Posts by Air Midi
Old Nov 10, 2005, 03:41 PM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
1,744 Posts
Air Midi,

Check you private messages, I pm'd you so we don't go off the thread topic here.
Johnny B is offline Find More Posts by Johnny B
Old Nov 10, 2005, 07:46 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Its a given the larger the heli the better they are gonna fly, heck a couple months ago I had a hand at flying a Raptor 50 and it was like driving a Cadilac compared to flying even my T-Rex. But they have provided a super flying little heli here It can be moved around at a slow pace and it can git up and go which is really scary for the size. All in all for someone with real FP heli experience this is vary easy to get flying and yes the better you trim it in the better its gonna fly as with all heli's. Now is it worth the money,,,, yes for a real heli lover it is. For someone that really doesn't have heli fever, no. Hopefully I can get back to mine soon as I'm working on other projects right now and I'll have one of the guys at work shoot some vid of it flying in our warehouse.
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Nov 10, 2005, 07:57 PM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
so your saying FFF is VERY GOOD? .......or will a custom set of blades do the trick as slow FF is all that is able as of now?