SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:52 AM
RC Dans
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Servo signal

This probably is a stupid question to you guys but what is sent over the servo wires from the Rx?
What in kinda trying to figure out is I want to have a switch that when you hit full throttle it makes a connection between 2 electronic points... Or when at full turn of a servo.

I hope this makes sense its almost 3 am and im tried heh
Noto is offline Find More Posts by Noto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2005, 05:59 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,655 Posts
Noto,

The industry standard servo signal is a positive pulse from about 2V up to the battery voltage. This pulse length is between 1ms and 2ms and is repeated approximately every 20ms. The neutral point is normally 1.5ms.

I designed a simple CMOS circuit for switching things on and off from an RX channel, I'll dig it out and post it.

Andy.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Jul 30, 2005, 06:29 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,655 Posts
Noto,

See attached circuit. The 200k pot adjusts the switching point. The circuit only works in one direction but with the addition of an inverter between IC1 pin1 and the gate of T3 it can switch in the other sense..

This circuit was edited down from an on-board-glow switch so the componet references don't follow in sequence.

Andy.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Jul 30, 2005, 09:49 AM
RC Dans
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Andy, thanks for the info will see if I can get this working now.
-Daniel
Noto is offline Find More Posts by Noto