HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:50 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Can we add any 2 channel plane larger than 15" to the list that must be removed from the planet? My son can barely keep his firebird commander in the air, but he does great with the Slow Stick. Death to 2 channel planes!
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2005, 01:18 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP
Article 3C- Any pink foam airplane with a 50-foot wingspan shall not be considered an offender to the aforementioned article.
...e-flyers being able to brag about huge 50 foot pink things is exactly the kind of recruit that this movement is looking for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
Can we add any 2 channel plane larger than 15" to the list that must be removed from the planet? My son can barely keep his firebird commander in the air, but he does great with the Slow Stick. Death to 2 channel planes!
Sure. I'd typically defend 2 channel planes, but being e-power, we get throttle for free... so ok, we can add 2 channel planes to the mandate!

...I think this adds all the firebirds to the silhouette chart. Aerobirds also have a very similar profile, but I'm willing to accept this extra loss and an "unfortunate side effect".

* failure to regard this light hearted and nothing-meant-by-it thread in the cheerful manner it's intended, will result in a t-shirt and leaflet campaign telling people that you are indeed "poopy"
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 30, 2005, 01:35 AM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
How about those embarrassing remote control flying saucers!!!
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Jul 30, 2005, 03:08 AM
The Young Man
Joined Mar 2005
615 Posts
Quote:
(*anyone found not taking this thread in the light hearted and non-serious, non-attacking, manner by which it is intended will be spanked and shot)
In that order please!
Excogitate is offline Find More Posts by Excogitate
Old Jul 30, 2005, 03:18 AM
Texas Ranger
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Aug 2004
2,524 Posts
About time we had a thread like this. I propose an annual (or perhaps monthly?) hunt. After the aforementioned handout with the target identification silhouettes is ready, we go out with paintball guns and cleanse the air of filth. Paintballs should be frozen first of course for the desired effect. Little chunks of ice at 300 fps oughta do the trick.
Neil Walker is offline Find More Posts by Neil Walker
Old Jul 30, 2005, 04:06 AM
Dizzying Heights
New Zealand, Southland, Invercargill
Joined Feb 2003
1,063 Posts
More:
SargeNZ is offline Find More Posts by SargeNZ
Old Jul 30, 2005, 04:09 AM
Dizzying Heights
New Zealand, Southland, Invercargill
Joined Feb 2003
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
...we can start by that foam thing in your avatar! You need to show how serious you are about weeding out the scurge by sacrificing one of your own.
You needn't worry about such matters. Rest assured that that monstrosity of a bipe is well dead.
SargeNZ is offline Find More Posts by SargeNZ
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:02 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantSpark
You needn't worry about such matters. Rest assured that that monstrosity of a bipe is well dead.
good, good. Nice to see that you're "pro active"
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:08 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantSpark
More:
...I like the trash bag idea. We can call it the "courtesy bag"!
Old Jul 31, 2005, 01:28 AM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP
Article 3C- Any pink foam airplane with a 50-foot wingspan shall not be considered an offender to the aforementioned article.
Article 3C.2- Any foam plane of 50-foot wingspan shall have no markings of "Owens-Corning" or "Dow" visible on any exterior surface

Article 3B.2- Any plane that does not meet the standards of article 3B and is unable to be disposed of in the manner specified will be strapped to the top of a car, preferably of the high performance sports variety, and driven down the interstate at no less than 70 MPH.
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Old Jul 31, 2005, 05:34 PM
Tree Fodder
Mount Holly Burlington, New Jersey, United States
Joined Sep 2004
986 Posts
Stop talking about it and let's DO IT...

Actually.....

If y'all really DO want to take a pro-active step in this direction, why don't we?

Why don't we compile an "Official" list of crap models with a brief description of why NOT to buy them.

We would then pop off an e-mail to the responsible manufacturer, warning them that their product has been added to the list, and why. And of course, post it monthly at your LHS to warn them if any of their products have been thus black-listed.

Not only would this be a great public service to warn people off, but once the list becomes popular, manufacturers would have no CHOICE but to yield to our will, and produce ONLY the high-quality product we require.

Let's get busy with it.

-MB

PS: I would start the list off with a few of my own personal choices, but I have to go check the epoxy on my Wingo. Be right back....
MumblinBerk is offline Find More Posts by MumblinBerk
Old Jul 31, 2005, 06:16 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
I seem to remember we all felt the same way about those 'cheqque book' modellers who just went an bought reed sets and 40 glo engines in easy to build kits whilst we had to wind up escapements in our cox 049 models with homebuilt radio sets and models lovingly carved out of balsa sheets from free plans in the 'aeromodeller'..

It kind of makes me laugh to see the descendants of all that - how many of YOU have BUILT a RADIO ...getting irritated by the next wave of cheque book modellers.
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1