HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2005, 05:31 PM
Naples FL
Joined Jan 2005
272 Posts
My Ryans have foam wing cores, do they count?

Electric Eugenics....... It might actually work!

I was a dyed in the wool glow guy until electrics evolved got he point where they were actually enjoyable. I haven't started a glow engine in years now........
Tripower455 is offline Find More Posts by Tripower455
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2005, 07:14 PM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,653 Posts
Ban all hotliners! Other people will just think we are spoilt cheque book modellers if we have too many people showing up at fields with state of the art hotliners. A humble, crumbled GWS moth will do just fine.

Michael
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
Old Jul 29, 2005, 07:32 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot
Ban all hotliners! Other people will just think we are spoilt cheque book modellers if we have too many people showing up at fields with state of the art hotliners. A humble, crumbled GWS moth will do just fine.

Michael
...ah but hotliners are very impressive, and all composite molded. I like composite molding. And any attempt to break the wing across my knee will just end up breaking my knee! So I'm failing to see the point of your post. You trying to plant the seed for the sepratists? huh!?... ARE YOU!??

It... kind of seems like... you're the only one here not with the program.... I'd be watching the foam you fly, or there'll be a group of "defenders of the sans-e-poop movement" out at the field gunning for your... what did you call it?... the "crumbled GWS".

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

Cheers,
Arron.

* I maintain that anyone taking this out of fun context will be spanked on sight
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:00 PM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,653 Posts
I have already planted the evil seed in the micro community and lots of innocent modellers have been persuaded to join the dark side and build cheap, simple BUMPs from foam. We are like rats - you can't exterminate all of us!

Stay safe: Use foam so you don't hurt your knee when breaking wings (why would you want to do that anyway?)

Here is a way to impress other R/C modellers: Have your hot liner go vertically into the ground at full speed. It will be able to go a lot deeper than any IC powered model. The "Infernal Combustion" boys will be REALLY impressed by that.
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:01 PM
Newb Flier
Jackson, TN
Joined Jul 2005
112 Posts
I think you have to have a secret handshake and a permit before you can legally start taking out the e-poop.
askaggs is offline Find More Posts by askaggs
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:06 PM
Dizzying Heights
New Zealand, Southland, Invercargill
Joined Feb 2003
1,063 Posts
Just whipped this up.
SargeNZ is offline Find More Posts by SargeNZ
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:08 PM
Dizzying Heights
New Zealand, Southland, Invercargill
Joined Feb 2003
1,063 Posts
I am taking requests for aircraft to be included in future posters.
SargeNZ is offline Find More Posts by SargeNZ
Last edited by SargeantSpark; Jul 29, 2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:29 PM
Formerly of mcba fame
Luxembourg
Joined Apr 2001
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455
My Ryans have foam wing cores, do they count?

Electric Eugenics....... It might actually work!

I was a dyed in the wool glow guy until electrics evolved got he point where they were actually enjoyable. I haven't started a glow engine in years now........
The problem with airplane eugenics: how do you get them to breed in the first place??

In reality, would anyone actually bother flying their e-poop more than once? Seems to me there's little chance of their genes spreading.

Matthew
Matthew Allen is offline Find More Posts by Matthew Allen
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:32 PM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,163 Posts
Article 3B- All foam shall have a laminate such as balsa, ply, carbon, kevlar or fiberglass. Any airframe not found in compliance will be ordered to dive until Vne is well exceeded and structural failure occurs.
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:48 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcba
The problem with airplane eugenics: how do you get them to breed in the first place??

In reality, would anyone actually bother flying their e-poop more than once? Seems to me there's little chance of their genes spreading.

Matthew
I don't think the problem is the result of genetics or breeding... I think this scurge is viral!. The fact that these new e-poop infringers are coming out of toy stores, and LHS's that are just interested in the sale and not the purity of the e-strain.

...just because e-poop infractions are "victims" of a virus, doesn't mean that we should go hippie-tree-huggin-easy on the gasoline!
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:53 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantSpark
I am taking requests for aircraft to be included in future posters.
nice work. will be expanded over time.

...we can start by that foam thing in your avatar! You need to show how serious you are about weeding out the scurge by sacrificing one of your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Carver
Article 3B- All foam shall have a laminate such as balsa, ply, carbon, kevlar or fiberglass. Any airframe not found in compliance will be ordered to dive until Vne is well exceeded and structural failure occurs.
...the problem is that some of the worst e-poop don't have the power, and the planet not the gravity, for them to reach VNE. At times the only way they can be assisted to VNE is with a 50lb sledge!
Old Jul 29, 2005, 09:42 PM
Dimension Engineering
Akron, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM

1) anything over 15" wingspan that "steers" by asymetrical thrust

I had a 60" span twin brushless UAV that "steered" with differential thrust...

Come to think of it, NASA has a plane that's electric, considerably over 15" span and does all flight controls by differential thrust...

Besides, that air hog with lipos and a pair of brushless and two variable pitch props and full fiberglass and a different radio setup might be fun.
Comatose is offline Find More Posts by Comatose
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:35 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Hey, I can remember back when "electric" meant a 3' wingspan powered by an 8 oz "500" motor, in turn motivated by 16 oz of lead weight wearing Sanyo shrinkwrap. 2 minute flight time, or up to 3-1/2 minutes with careful throttle management...

No forced eugenics required: "throttle management" always led to one-point landings, either left or right wingtip!
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:43 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comatose
I had a 60" span twin brushless UAV that "steered" with differential thrust...

Come to think of it, NASA has a plane that's electric, considerably over 15" span and does all flight controls by differential thrust...

Besides, that air hog with lipos and a pair of brushless and two variable pitch props and full fiberglass and a different radio setup might be fun.
Well... if I ever see the Helios, it'll be with a few gallons of premium and an Aim-N-Flame!

...and don't be bringing fun into this. This is all about being deemed as awesome in the eyes of the onlooker.
We need to keep the guilty pleasures like "fun" in the closet!

Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:28 PM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Carver
Article 3C- Any pink foam airplane with a 50-foot wingspan shall not be considered an offender to the aforementioned article.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP