HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:10 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Devils Lake State Park pictures.

Hey guys, just got back from Devils Lake. Pretty successful trip, but an incident early on really set me back. Wires on my Charger shorted and when I tried unplugging my lipo, really burnt 4 of my fingers. Needed hospitalization. But worse yet, the charging jack for my charger was fried. No more charging my lipos But, I got some pics and my Dad went to a radio shack to fix the charger wires and I was back in the air. I got shots from the north shore, south shore, Roznos trail head, Northern lights campground, and one of the Rangers' house. Here are some of the results. I'm pretty happy given some setbacks.
Kyle G. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle G.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:43 PM
RKG
SS, Optio S4 w/PRISM
Woodbury, MN
Joined Aug 2004
133 Posts
Great pictures Kyle!

Sorry to here about your hand - looks pretty nasty. An occupational risk for AP I guess.

I was at the Dells earlier this year and regretted not bringing my SS. Lots of great scenery around that area (and unusual architecture too.. anyone been in the upside down White House?).

Anyway - great work. Post some more if you have them.
RKG is offline Find More Posts by RKG
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:54 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Thanks RKG! actually, my little hand incident could've happened to anyone charging a battery I've since put an inline fuse between my battery and charger incase it shorts again. I drove by the upside down white house and my friend said that everything inside was upside down and thats it. I've got some ground shots that turned out good, I'll post them in a bit once I've finished going through them all.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 06:01 PM
I JUST want to FLY!
Wheeling, Il north of Chicago
Joined Oct 2004
920 Posts
Hey Kyle great to have you back. Very nice pics and sorry about your hand. I burned myself too, I will tell you how some other time.
JustFly is offline Find More Posts by JustFly
Old Jul 28, 2005, 07:21 PM
United States, CA, Nevada City
Joined Aug 2003
1,923 Posts
Nice pics Kyle.

-James.
jamesgood72 is offline Find More Posts by jamesgood72
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:03 PM
Bethel, Ohio USA (SE of Cincinnati)
Joined Dec 2004
227 Posts
You have been doing some serious traveling lately!

Nice Pics.
CanopicJar is offline Find More Posts by CanopicJar
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:20 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Thanks Alex, James, and CJ!

Traveling a lot, yes. But I do every summer. Last summer, it was AP from Yellowstone, Tetons, and Devils Lake. I go traveling a lot. And next year, I believe we are going to Banf, in Canada. I bring my SS everywhere. I've got a photo album from my recent trip to Devils Lake here --> http://kyle90.fotopic.net/c632980.html and my photo album for everything here --> http://kyle90.fotopic.net Enjoy guys!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:41 PM
Bethel, Ohio USA (SE of Cincinnati)
Joined Dec 2004
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle G.
I bring my SS everywhere.
Sounds like you need to upgrade to one of THESE!

I want to build one if I can find a local shop that sells all the parts.
CanopicJar is offline Find More Posts by CanopicJar
Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:35 AM
Joined Mar 2005
181 Posts
You know.. I love lipos BUT I've been considering going back to Nihm's. Anyone out there AP with Nihm's? I had a pack balloon up on me. Scary to think what would have happened if it caught on fire. So many little rules with lipos - don't let the power get too low, don't overcharge, break them in when they are new, etc. I don't know.. Nihm's seem so much simpler.
Bluecor is offline Find More Posts by Bluecor
Old Jul 31, 2005, 06:57 PM
Twist n' Shout!
Joined Nov 2004
1,484 Posts
Kyle, sweet pics man, glad to have you back. Sorry about the hand deal, hope the pain goes away quickly. Oshkosh was a blast!

I've been to the upsidedown whitehouse in the dells.. it was OK...not what i expected, a couple cool "scare's" but other than that, umm..it wasnt exciting...short.
Matt Dziubinski is offline Find More Posts by Matt Dziubinski
Old Aug 03, 2005, 07:42 PM
ave
Wind Junkie
North Coast, Calif.
Joined Jun 2004
1,156 Posts
Nice pics! I used to live in Blackearth just a little ways away from there. Devils is the nicest park around. Did you see the A10's buzz by when you were there? They fly at about the altitude you were at there... usually inverted Really enjoyed the pics, thanks!

ave-
ave is offline Find More Posts by ave
Old Aug 03, 2005, 08:53 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Bluecor: I really don't see a reason to go back to nimh... I just see no advantage. Lipos are completely safe as long as one does not abuse them. I've used lipos since the beggining. In my First 3 ch. plane, my tigermoth, I used lipos. Just my observation. I've never broken mine in and they are AOK

Thanks Matt, I wish I went to oshkost But to be honest, I like Devils Lake better then any airshow.

Ave Thanks a bunch! DL is one of the nicest parks I've been too. Penninsula State park up in Door County is Top Notch too. Too bad I haven't been there since I started AP a couple years back. Would be neat to see some pictures from there. I didn't see any A-10's, but a lot of personal aircraft. Much more then usual. I thought the A-10's have a color scheme to make them look like they are flying inverted. Where do you live now?

Thanks guys, these kinds of responses are what make taking pictures worth while.
Old Aug 03, 2005, 08:57 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Oct 2003
1,882 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys, these kinds of responses are what make taking pictures worth while.

See! Weren't you just gripping a month or two ago about being sick of AP or giving up on AP as nothing goes right at that time? Great picts will come around again, and they have. These are your fishing trip...

It's all good baby!!

--Scott
dreslism is offline Find More Posts by dreslism
Old Aug 03, 2005, 09:16 PM
Joined Oct 2004
89 Posts
Chicago

Quote:
Thanks Alex, James, and CJ!

Traveling a lot, yes. But I do every summer. Last summer, it was AP from Yellowstone, Tetons, and Devils Lake. I go traveling a lot. And next year, I believe we are going to Banf, in Canada. I bring my SS everywhere. I've got a photo album from my recent trip to Devils Lake here --> http://kyle90.fotopic.net/c632980.html and my photo album for everything here --> http://kyle90.fotopic.net Enjoy guys!

Hey KYLE

There is an airport in the lower left hand corner of your Chicago.jpg. I have seen this scene on my Microsoft Simulator at least a thousand times. I have tried to land a Supsonic transport here. I crashed each time. The boats were not present in the simulator, though. Great pictures!!!!
dawkins is offline Find More Posts by dawkins