SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:41 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts
Not ANOTHER one.....(Destiny)

well, what can i say.... im a BIG FAN of the destiny... 220bux, free shipping and you can honestly build it in 3-4hours MAX if you put yourself to it...

everything is done for you... the v-tail rods are pre-bent, the pushrod system is pre installed, comes with a servo tray already made to fit perfectly into the fuse...

i build mine with 3 hs-85mg's... they fit nicely into the wing (no need for 125's) you can throw 2 81-85mg's in the fuse or 1 225mg (i use 1 85mg), any 4cell AA square pack will fit with ease....

im just a big fan due to the cost and the simplicity of the build, not to mention the strength of the plane! insanely strong.....

a few MODS for ds'ing go into mine though....

5oz in each wingtip... not really due to flexing issues... but it keeps it nicely on track on those bumpy days.... in stock form their mid 20oz i think and after the tipweight im at 37oz that helps it open up the laps and retain the energy. i also Cut the ailerons down... 9" total aileron..... in stock form they flutter at 140-160mph everytime, nomatter what servo you have holding it (tried DS368's and 5125's).... thats about it.... you dont NEEEEEEEEEEED the extra weight, but my destiny is DS only so i like the feel of it.... and the aileron cut is a MUST for any attempt of a record.... and i use a carbon pushrod insted of the pre-installed pushrod system...

in stock form, their good to 140-160 wich is SMOKIN' fast... only do the mods if you intend to go FAST, otherwise you wont like the way it fly's on the frontside with the cut ailerons and tipweight (rolls like a pig)

JOe
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:06 AM
Norway
Joined Jul 2005
796 Posts
Do you cut the outer part of ailerons? How do you secure the remaining part of the ailerons?
Nice tip on loading the tips, have tried it on trainers to make them better for schooling and it works!
jooNorway is offline Find More Posts by jooNorway
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:11 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts
here is a closer pic...

VERY VERY VERY VERY GOOOOOOOOD packing tape is used to secure the OUTSIDE (tip) of the aileron...

the good thing is that i can take the tape off the tip and re-tape the aileron to the cut part for a stock aileron again if i go racing with it and need faster turning....

JOe
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill