HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2005, 05:30 PM
Joined Jul 2005
35 Posts
Hitec HS-55 servo

Is there a difference between the HS-55 and the HS-55 Economy or the Feather? Is there a difference between the black and blue case? ( I know, the color is different.) I think my first electric order should be from a company that can work with me on the phone to be sure all of the gear matches and is correct for each plane.
Thanks,
Jim
JBrant is offline Find More Posts by JBrant
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2005, 05:39 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrant
Is there a difference between the HS-55 and the HS-55 Economy or the Feather? Is there a difference between the black and blue case? ( I know, the color is different.) I think my first electric order should be from a company that can work with me on the phone to be sure all of the gear matches and is correct for each plane.
Thanks,
Jim
wow, go the serious approach about vendor selection!

...the servo specs are usually available on the retailer sites. Weight, torque, etc. Just pick the servo for the use. I'd use the HS-55 class servos on all the mid size planes... 30-40 inch wingspan. Any micro servo for smaller. And larger as needed. It's just one of those fuzzy things. Some planes will put larger strains on the servos, like racers and aerobats, so may shop for higher torque. Some servos seem to fail for no reason, others seem to really go above the call of duty.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Last edited by theKM; Jul 27, 2005 at 05:44 PM.