SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 26, 2005, 06:58 PM
Suspended Account
kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
577 Posts
Holy Rip Van Winkle*, Batman!

....it looks like a lot of people are waking up!

CNN/USATODAY/GALLOP POLL

Did Bush Deliberately mislead country on Iraqi WMD

Yes 51%

No 47%

* "Rip van Winkle" can be a reference to a person who sleeps a long time, or to a person who is inexplicably unaware of current events.
badaltitude is offline Find More Posts by badaltitude
Old Jul 26, 2005, 07:57 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
So, built any nice planes, lately? Or is stirring the pot all you can do? Glad to see you contribute on this R/C MODEL WEBSITE............

I ain't mad, just like to come over here and get a chuckle at this trash sometimes....
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
Old Jul 26, 2005, 08:29 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
I believe I'll start a poll...........
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Jul 26, 2005, 08:32 PM
Old Timer
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
I believe I'll start a poll...........
And pose the same question!
California Condor is offline Find More Posts by California Condor
Old Jul 26, 2005, 08:36 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
yup....
haven't had a new poll in a while.
Can't stand it any more, here goes.....
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:11 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
CNN/USATODAY/GALLOP POLL
Yes 51%
No 47%
* "Rip van Winkle" can be a reference to a person who sleeps a long time, or to a person who is inexplicably unaware of current events.
Well hell, if a CNN poll says it's true, then that about settles it once and for all then, doesn't it?

Congress should get wise and start using these polls to decide things instead of wasting all that time with silly investigations and hearings. What the heck are they thinking?

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:41 PM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectRick
Well hell, if a CNN poll says it's true, then that about settles it once and for all then, doesn't it?

Congress should get wise and start using these polls to decide things instead of wasting all that time with silly investigations and hearings. What the heck are they thinking?

Rick
I got my call from Dubya this morning asking what's the latest poll numbers on the OT forum. Didn't everyone else?

I had to be honest and tell him his numbers here were tanking. It crushed him, but luckily he had some tissues handy.

Daren

ps. Politicians only care about the poll numbers when they're looking to get reelected.
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren
Old Jul 27, 2005, 01:23 AM
Joined Feb 2004
848 Posts
Learned a little sumtin from Goebbels eh? [Barking moonbats] tell a lie often enough (Bush lied Bush lied wa wa wa), and it will be considered as fact--and show up in polls eventually.

So, I guess those right wingers at the Guardian (lol!) were intentionally misleading the public too on February 6, 1999 when they wrote: "Saddam Hussein's regime has opened talks with Osama bin Laden, bringing closer the threat of a terrorist attack using chemical, biological or nuclear weapons, according to U.S. intelligence sources and Iraqi opposition officials."

And ABC news was doing the same five years ago in this report:

http://www.mediaresearch.org/rm/cybe...4/segment1.ram

...And for all you "we deserved it (the attacks) because of Bush's actions in Iraq" types, who was president on February 1, 1999, when the New York Post reported that Saddam was courting both bin Laden and Abu Nidal as part of a plan "to resort to terrorism in revenge for airstrikes against his country." Those airstrikes occurred in 1998 during Operation Desert Fox. Who was prez again? You guys have any criticism of that prez? Do you think we deserved the attacks that followed?

Kurt

PS Wanna see a comprehensive piece detailing the MSMís (and some fringe outfits) reporting on the Saddam/OBL connection back when it was politically ok to do so? Of course that has all been flushed down the memory hole so the barking moonbats can shout "Bush lied Bush lied" ad naseum.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...ikvwv.asp?pg=1

His conclusion:

IN RESPONSE TO THE FOUR-DAY WAR, Saddam Hussein, in his darkest hour, turned to Osama bin Laden in his quest for exacting revenge. We know this because the worldwide media reported it. Countless analysts, reporters, and even Clinton administration officials knew something was afoot in one way or another. We know this was not the last of the reporting on the relationship between Saddam and bin Laden's al Qaeda. Reports continued right up until the eve of the war in Iraq.
Fishnut is offline Find More Posts by Fishnut
Last edited by Fishnut; Jul 27, 2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 01:36 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnut
So, I guess those right wingers at the Guardian (lol!) were intentionally misleading the public too on February 6, 1999 when they wrote: "Saddam Hussein's regime has opened talks with Osama bin Laden, bringing closer the threat of a terrorist attack using chemical, biological or nuclear weapons, according to U.S. intelligence sources and Iraqi opposition officials."
Kurt, you're disproving your own argument. The Guardian report specifically cites "U.S. intelligence sources and Iraqi opposition officials" as the source of the story.
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Jul 27, 2005, 01:41 AM
Joined Feb 2004
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
Kurt, you're disproving your own argument. The Guardian report specifically cites "U.S. intelligence sources and Iraqi opposition officials" as the source of the story.
Edit: No, it bolsters my argument. The Guardian was truthfully reporting intel from the CIA. IMO, B2 was truthfully reporting the same intel years later when he took office. Looks like the intel (the WMD part at least) was flawed--badly. That doesn't make B2 a liar any more than it does the Guardian.

I'm furious with the bureaucrats at CIA who told B2 WMDs were a "slam dunk", and with the fact that for years during the 90s, we had ZERO Arabic-speaking field operatives in the Middle Eastóor anywhere for that matter. You just want to go slap those Keystone Spooks around and ask "what on Earth were you thinking you morons?"

This is also why I believe Rove et al should receive medals for blowing the whistle on cronyism, nepotism and rank politics at CIA. Jane Bond, er, Plame was instrumental in sending her virulently anti-B2 hubby to Niger to spike a story to fit her political agenda.

And whose Intel sources were they anyways? Who was Prez when the Guardian piece ran? Shoot, Jane Bond was prolly the Guardianís source LOL!

How about the five year old ABC piece?

How about the dozen or so MSM pieces in that story showing links between OBL and SH? Pretty compelling stuff, and hardly from right wing sources. Shoot, B2 wasn't even prez yet.

Kurt

PS Anyone have links to the Shuttle's external tank (or other) cam videos? I'd like to watch the whole thing.

Too bad about that bird. Wrong place, wrong time LOL! Knocked silly by the external tank, then fried by 6,000 deg, 10,000 mph efflux (SSME, don't know what the solids put out).
Fishnut is offline Find More Posts by Fishnut
Last edited by Fishnut; Jul 27, 2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 01:44 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Iraqi opposition officials
Read Chalabi
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Jul 27, 2005, 02:23 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
Read Chalabi
You can't keep a good rook down http://news.yahoo.com/s/krwashbureau...q_chalabi_wa_1
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Jul 27, 2005, 02:43 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Interesting. Don't 'spose that Rove outed Chalabi, too, and Chalabi made a comeback?

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Jul 27, 2005, 01:06 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
My favorite part of Martin's Link:

Quote:
"Um, who did I just meet?" asked a bewildered Lt. Col. John Rhodes of the 155th Separate Armored Brigade.

"Remember the guy the
CIA cut off, the one pumping the bad intelligence that got us over here in the first place? That was him," the other soldier replied.

"Oh, yeah. That guy," Rhodes said with a shrug.
And the beat goes on . . .
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Jul 28, 2005, 03:57 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude

CNN/USATODAY/GALLOP POLL

Yes 51%

No 47%

Seeing as badaltitude believes ALL the poles he/ she reads, why not have another pole, Like "How many people believe that this site is primarily an R/C orientated site?", or how about "How many people here spend most their time working up people and spreading propaganda instead of having a meaningfull dialog about the hobby of R/C?"

hmmmmmmmmmm?
"Look out for those pesky Lightpoles!"
BB
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn