HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:31 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
SIg Lil Rascal woes

Well, my kid ripped off the elevator from my Lil Rascal. I was hopeing to be able to repair it without to much problems. I installed a 1/4" carbon strip on the bottom of the wing, to stiffen it back up and had to glue some of the cross braces under what was left with CA. Does anyone have copy of the plans?
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2005, 01:44 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
Is it a kit or ARF? I have kit plans but they are larger than the ARF.

-- Val
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jul 26, 2005, 02:38 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
It is the ARF plane that comes with the 180 motor. I just got off of the phone with SIG, they actually normally sell the tail feathers with the fuse as it is listed on the site for $76! Well, I kinda told them that was a little unreasonable considering the rest of the plane was in good shape. Well, the SIG rep "Kim" whom I was chatting with agreed and called another department (via conference call) to look into this a little more. Since she got their voicemail she took my number to call me back with what she found out. Automatically at this point you would think that you were getting blown off, but this time she proved my thinking was wrong. She called me back 20mins later with a price of $13 for the rudder and elevator (in my choice of color) and $6 shipping. I ordered it on the spot! This time I'll make a photo copy & scan of them before I mount it. When they come in I'll post up a part number for others that might be able to use that information for the future.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 02:40 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Come to think of it, can I get a copy anyway? Maybe I can scale it down so I can work on a set to compare with the orginal for a good challenge.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 02:44 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
I think I'd send that lady a gift card to a restaurant That was superb of her.
StCalvin is offline Find More Posts by StCalvin
Old Jul 26, 2005, 04:48 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,777 Posts
I ordered a replacement fuseloge from them, when it arrived it had been damaged by who ever packed it. I called them, with any questions they said they would send me another right way. Sure enough I got another one packed in a orginal Lil' Rascal box in perfect condition. Not even a winkle in the covering.

Bob

PS They are supplied a set of control horns with the second order. I fuselage replace part doesn't come with with the horns and they don't have a part number for them. The fuselage comes with the tail pieces so think you would get the horns as part of the replacement because can't buy horns that are the same as what the Lil' rascal uses.
bobf is online now Find More Posts by bobf
Last edited by bobf; Jul 27, 2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:38 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
I actually got an email from one of the SIG guys who is also going to help out. I am really happy with the way the have treated me. Maybe I'll look at the larger Rasacal for one of the next planes.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:55 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,777 Posts
I like the Rascals. I have a Astro 010 14 turn in my Lil' Racal. Goes like stink. I love my Lil' Rascal Just got home from getting four flights on it before the wind Gods started blowing.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 01:46 AM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Sweet, yeah that Astro does push it around fast. I have a Hacker A20-28M in mine with a APC 8x6 prop, and it was a rocket on a 2s700 (and the landing gear off, I was landing in tall grass that day). I upgraded the landing gear to a set off of a Decathalon. Here is a link to them: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=PKZ1406

I didn't really get a chance to fly with the new landing gear yet since the little guy tore up the plane.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 06:52 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
Stab plans

Here's the plan for the stabilizer
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:02 AM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Thanks!!
Old Jul 27, 2005, 01:51 PM
Toothpick Maker
NJ - Exit 6
Joined May 2005
396 Posts
I have the 49" nitro rascal with an AXI 2212/26. One of the most enjoyable planes I have. Can't remember the whattmeter stats, but with a 2S Kokam 1500 and an 8X6 APC, I get about a half hour of nice and easy flying. Not even warm to the touch. When I put in the 3S, it'll climb to a barely visible dot in about 20 seconds. Then take a couple minutes to float down. I always fly off of (I mean land on) grass, so never had a reason to attach the LG. I figured it would have broke the plane on the first flight.
GrrrAmps is online now Find More Posts by GrrrAmps
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:59 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,777 Posts
Some video of my Lil' Rascal
http://www.missionwings.com/videos/Bob's%20Lil%20Rascal.wmv
Old Jul 29, 2005, 05:06 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
Sweet, yeah that Astro does push it around fast. I have a Hacker A20-28M in mine with a APC 8x6 prop, and it was a rocket on a 2s700 (and the landing gear off, I was landing in tall grass that day). I upgraded the landing gear to a set off of a Decathalon. Here is a link to them: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=PKZ1406

I didn't really get a chance to fly with the new landing gear yet since the little guy tore up the plane.
TeamTEOR:

Thanks for the link for the Decathelon landing gear. I had been looking all over for that. I also use the Astro 010 14T in my Lil Rascal, with a 3S1P TP II 1320 pack. The pack fits the plane like a glove. Talk about a rocket! That's what I call mine, the Pocket Rocket. It also flies very well on a 2S1P 1320 pack. I use a 6x4 prop. Surprised to hear you can twist an 8x6 on yours!! Ground clearance problems?

By all means, please advise of the Sig part numbers for the tail feathers. I have the regular Sig ARF, plans and all. I have never seen plans for the Lil Rascal ARF, as it is more assembled then the regular ARF Rascal. Nice planes, (my regular Sig is in the repair shop, needs a front end!! ). The Lil Rascal has been doing double duty.

Tnx again.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:48 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
They parts I paid for came in today, here is the Info to order:

Sales Person Code: KS