SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:36 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
Warbirds-RC/Jepe A-4 Skyhawk

I recieved my package today from Markos over at Warbirds-RC, A shiny new JePe A-4 Skyhawk. As always the service from Warbirds-RC was excellent, the order arrived faster than I anticipated and was nicely double boxed and well protected. After recieving the Kit all the other Monday problems seemed to fade away .
After returning home this afternoon I opend the package back up and emptied all the parts out onto the HobbyRoom floor for inspection. I'm sure alot of you are aware, but for those who aren't, Jean-Paul is truly one of the masters when it comes to high performance models and all the contents of the kit only served to confirm that for me even further. The fuselage is truly a work of art, although it is extremely light it has been reinforced with carbon/kevlar in the right places, and with the provided formers should end up a very structurally sound airframe.
netmechanic is offline Find More Posts by netmechanic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:57 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
The kit included just about everything for finishing the A-4, There are three parts bags clearly labeled Fuselage, Tail and Wing. Servo covers for the wing mounted aileron servos, linkage, velcro, glass cloth, All formers precut and labeled a pilot, pilots seat, instruction CD, everything you need to build a really nice model.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:00 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
The detail molded into the two piece fuselage is very well done, once finished this will add a very nice level of detail.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:05 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
The wing is foam core and sheeted with what I belive is Abache (obache), it is one solid sheet instead of being made from planks and once glassed should be very strong. The ailerons are already cut out ahead of the trailing edge, you are left with finishing the cut and facing them, applying the leading edge, tips, and related hardware and fasteners.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:11 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,665 Posts
I'm so jealous.........

What paint scheme did you have in mind?
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:16 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
Also with my Kit are a really well done set of decals to do it up in the classic "Blue Angels" scheme. Although you cant tell from the photo the individual trim pices are already cut out on the yellow sheets and the metel finish bits are nice quality and have a brushed type finish.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:18 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
Thanks Skyhawk,
I haven't decided on the paintscheme yet, I like the Blue Angels but I hate seeing someone else flying the same thing and I do like to go for something that isn't overdone. I was thinking of a "Desert Storm" camo type setup for it.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:28 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
Also I'm planning on going with a Midifan instead of the Spiderfan as that will help knock off a couple hundred and leave those funds for the 5S-6S Lipos it's gonna take to break Mach 1(KW That is). The ducting is also of very high quality and the Mylar thrust tube is even premad for you, perfectly I might also add. Although I think the ducting was designed around the JePe Spiderfan I don't think using the WeMo unit will be a problem, I'll make a coupler to keep it all aligned and it should be good to go.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:37 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
I'm gonna spend the rest of the night reading through the instruction manual and making some notes, The CD included with the kit has 28 Pages of instructions and pictures. I printed mine out as I tend to absorb it better if I can touch the actual paper, go figure. I'm gonna parallel the start of this one with the finish of the F-84 so I'll keep everyone posted of the progress as it happens.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:55 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,594 Posts
I'd prewrap some carbon tow around the intake tubes. The earlier versions would collapse from the suction at 800w. It's much easier to do before they're installed.

JP makes a beautiful jet!
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:19 AM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,665 Posts
Cool.

When you get to the finishing - give me a call. I'm sure that with all the A-4 documentation I have we can find something for you. (I have about a 1000 photos)

I even have close-ups of the panels and rivits and stuff..................just in case you want to go all out!
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:27 AM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
Here's kinda what i had in mind
Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:56 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,431 Posts
Check out this link nice one here and fast.

I remeber someone standing in the centre of runway to get good fix on the sucker.

http://www.acehobby.co.nz/ossb2/club...dayfeb2004.htm
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:15 AM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,733 Posts
Net,
You will love the Scooter. I first flew mine on 16 2600's at 750 watts.
Then converted to 6S2P Lipo's at 1000+ watts and about 8ozs less weight and she really screams. Double check that your model has the fan repositioned in the wing saddle area. This was done to make it much easier to balance with Lipos. If not I would highly suggest you get the new ducts and convert it. Will you be at the Efly next month in Lexington?
Regards, Bob

ps. I have an extra new style inlet, former and instructions so if you need it shoot me a PM with address and I will send it to you. The length of the new inlet is just 10.375 as quick check!
Robert Belluomini is online now Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:24 AM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
I'll give it a try, batteries may be the limiting factor on the A4 making it but who knows, What setup were you running in yours?

Mine came with the new style intakes so i should be good to go on the CG, thanks anyway though.
Here's a size comparison against my Mig-29 to give an idea of the scale.
Last edited by netmechanic; Jul 26, 2005 at 09:58 AM.