HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:16 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
CC-125 dies early death but customer service top notch

I bought a new CC-125 so I could run my Neu 1509/.5Y on a 17x18 prop. My HM-195 won't allow this due to the voltage cutoff and I don't know how to do the resistor mod.. I installed the ESC and I was BLOWN AWAY by the performance. I used a mild prop for starters but it was WAY up on rpm's compared to running the motor on the HM-195.. Unfortunately on the first flight, 4th climb.. I had no response when I hit the throttle.. Barely made it back to the field.. Took the ESC out and it would not boot on my PHX-link.. I called Castle and got Bernie on the phone.. We talked through the operating parameters and figured it was the voltage regulator or the copper traces going to it.The regulator had melted the shrink and was HOT when trying to boot it on my PC. Get this, new CC-125 sent out priority mail!... I was dissappointed the ESC simply stopped working but it was new and failed early as most electrical components will do if there's going to be a problem...I was extremely impressed that I was treated with patience and respect and a new controller was shipped immediately... Even though the ESC failed, I'm sold on castle creations if not for their great customer service,then for the obvious improvement in performance over my hacker masters. Maybe it's the lower IR? I don't know but I dreaded the phone call and figured I'd be treated like an idiot... I wasn't.. Bernie is the man!... Patrick, you can't afford to operate your company another day without giving this man a raise..
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
to remove ads between posts