HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2005, 08:12 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Slow Hawk - what's it worth?

I have a slow hawk I purchased back in Dec 2002. It has a 59" wing. I'm trying to reduce my model load - new home, no room for a model lab or model storage, need to lighten the load. The slow hawk only flew twice, I never even got it trimmed out well, just lost interest. It's virtually new, and I have two servos and an ESC on it, as well as the provided motor and battery, so it's almost RTF - just add Rx. I see new kits are $269, I am sure I paid >>$200 (but of course can't find any records of the purchase) and I have the additional components in there.

What's a fair price?

Is there any interest in this models these days?

thx!
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2005, 04:31 PM
Nathan Chronister
Joined Jun 2003
626 Posts
As there is currently a long waiting list to buy one of these, I'm sure someone will make you an offer. If you say which servos and ESC you used, that would help people know how much it's worth. (Based on when you got it, I'm assuming it has the Speed 300 motor and 8 cell NiMH battery.)
Chronister is offline Find More Posts by Chronister
Old Jul 26, 2005, 07:06 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
It has Hitec servos, I *think* 81MG's, but they might be 85. They're whatever was recommended. I've had offers but they were WAY low (around $100).. This model is virtually new..
..a
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:25 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
FYI, I've received three requests from people willing to pay my asking price (it is listed for sale here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393336
..a
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:41 AM
Flap chap
Most Southern England, Brighton UK
Joined May 2004
1,934 Posts
I wish i had the money for that slow hawk. What is the cheapest i can get one? You see, i am building a model ornithopter for my final year DT project (free flights models are my furthest venture into ornithoters so far). I have yet an RC ornithopter and so a ready built one would give me a good base to build a home-built RC. I guess a plan would be very helpful, or even a good description/pics of the slow hawk,park hawk. Thanks anyone,

James,
snakeX2 is offline Find More Posts by snakeX2
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:25 AM
Nathan Chronister
Joined Jun 2003
626 Posts
James, if you want to get started in RC ornithopters for less money, you might want to consider the Cybird P1 available now from The Ornithopter Zone. This is going to work better than ebay clones of the old Cybird P2 design. It has a lot of improvements, works good, and is easy to fly. Only $140. You can read more about it on the Ornithopter Zone store web site, www.flyabird.com.
Chronister is offline Find More Posts by Chronister
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:38 AM
Flap chap
Most Southern England, Brighton UK
Joined May 2004
1,934 Posts
Thats sounds pretty good! Though, i do have a JMP Rx, actuators and some m20, 6mm pager motors. I wanted to go on from my rubber ornis onto controlled flight. I am starting to get the centi-thopter trimmed right now. I have seen quite some success with JMP micro ornis, and seeing that Eagle II, i can't see why its not possible, . Cheers anyways.

J,
snakeX2 is offline Find More Posts by snakeX2
Old Aug 01, 2005, 03:12 AM
Hampshire,(UK)
Joined Sep 2001
55 Posts
James,
Have a look at this UK site : www.robotbirds.com
They have both Cybird P1 & P11 at reasonable UK prices,hope that helps.
Paul.
PAUL R is offline Find More Posts by PAUL R