HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2005, 12:24 PM
R/C Racer Novice
OHIO
Joined Jul 2005
6 Posts
Getting My First Off-Roader

hey u guys i am looking to find my first off road racing car i found 1 on ebay here is a pic it was like 70.00 that includes shipping any ideas wuld be appreciated
4x4Extreme is offline Find More Posts by 4x4Extreme
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2005, 02:16 PM
just one person!
utah
Joined May 2005
59 Posts
R u looking for a nitro or, a electric? If u r looking at a nitro i would go for an OFNA, and if u r looking at an electric i would go with a Traxxas rustler.
Gorge
Gorge Spencer is offline Find More Posts by Gorge Spencer
Old Jul 22, 2005, 02:29 PM
50 ft.? I can jump that.
simi valley
Joined Aug 2004
65 Posts
what is the brand of that car? if it isnt name brand like Associated or OFNA or something then it will be hard for you to find parts for it, because when you are first learning how to drive it, you will break a few parts. Also like Gorge said, what are you into? since you are a beginer then you might want to get something electric, but if your confident enough then go nitro, thats what i did.
kornkidd is offline Find More Posts by kornkidd
Old Jul 22, 2005, 03:22 PM
R/C Racer Novice
OHIO
Joined Jul 2005
6 Posts
i am looking for electric cn u guys show me a pic of wut to look for in cars
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:28 PM
Suspended Account
Roosevelt UT
Joined Oct 2004
1,982 Posts
heres a Traxxas Rustler(Rusty)

P.S. VERY recomended
Eeeeky is offline Find More Posts by Eeeeky
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:23 AM
R/C Racer Novice
OHIO
Joined Jul 2005
6 Posts
how much are one of them
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:54 AM
Suspended Account
Roosevelt UT
Joined Oct 2004
1,982 Posts
Brand new there are two versions theres one with a mechanical speed control ( NOT recommended) then there is one with an ESC ( Highly Reccomended ). u can get an MSC version new for about $130 and an ESC version new for about $150-$165. Used you can get and MSC version for bout $50-$60 and an Esc version for bout $60-$75. thats on ebay heres a link
heres a VERY good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=44029&rd=1

rustlers and i can not exacturate enough VERY TOUGH CARS u can stand on a rusty and not hurt it and you can go crazy with upgades u can get them to go 60= M.P.H. with the right setup. the radio is very good quality has bout 1/4-1/2 mile range 22 M.P.H. stock wheelies on demand too!! hope this helps!
Old Jul 23, 2005, 02:57 PM
just one person!
utah
Joined May 2005
59 Posts
like Eeeeky said i have upgraded my rustler and they are r a REALLY GOOD quality. Me and eeeeky live in the same town and we go drive all the time. We r the first People to ever build an RC car track in our home town, or at least in the process of building it.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 11:37 AM
team extreme member
ham lake Minnesota
Joined Sep 2004
86 Posts
if u want something with a little more for suspension travel try this http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...stampede07.htm this was my first rc
Tree is offline Find More Posts by Tree
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:31 PM
Go Topless
in your head, right behind your eyes
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
i have several. i love them. here is a pic of my favorite and best (assembled) one. my other 2 are parts and are only needing screws to put them together.

those are cut proline road rage tires on hpi type f5 rims. trimmed e maxx body. it runs a novak esc, trinity zircon can with a stock stinger armature. it is quik but i got it to the point on the gearing that it simjple cant accelerate anymore. im running stock gearing and i actually go faster by gearing down to an 87 tooth spur. in stock form though the stock gearing is perfect.

ER Rabbit
yodog1 is offline Find More Posts by yodog1
Last edited by yodog1; Jul 24, 2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:54 PM
Go Topless
in your head, right behind your eyes
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
the rusty is the most durable rc that i know of except for mabey the 1/8 buggies. i have sailed the one pictured above off the roof of my friends house (not recommended) and noly had to plug my negitive motor wire back in.

the rusty and stampede (pede) use the same suspension and tranny. the only difference is the chassis. i traded me pede for a tmaxx that i traded to get my 2 other rustys.

i have seen a rusty do 75mph using a novak Velociti 5.5R Racing Brushless system. it was wicked. i am in the process of saving money to get a 5800 ss brushless system. this will realy bring my rusty to life.

ER Rabbit
yodog1 is offline Find More Posts by yodog1
Old Jul 25, 2005, 03:15 PM
Atlanta, Ga
Joined Dec 2004
224 Posts
I have a DuraTrax Evader and I love that thing I never had any problems with it. The only thing that I had so far is a broken a part thatís all. I recommend the DuraTrax Evader. You can get it for $200 RTR here is the web site were I got mine http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXXJ49**&P=0
dcadavid2003 is offline Find More Posts by dcadavid2003
Old Jul 25, 2005, 05:52 PM
just one person!
utah
Joined May 2005
59 Posts
i have seen a evader and i dont like them! the only thing i like about them r their electronics. thats the only thing that i like other things on them break easier than a rusty. i will admit they r a little faster than a rustler but i don't recommend that u get one. my friend had one and that first day that he got it he drove it off of my 6 stair and one of the rear broke i dont remember what part it was i dont recommend getting one.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 09:20 PM
Atlanta, Ga
Joined Dec 2004
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorge Spencer
i have seen a evader and i dont like them! the only thing i like about them r their electronics. thats the only thing that i like other things on them break easier than a rusty. i will admit they r a little faster than a rustler but i don't recommend that u get one. my friend had one and that first day that he got it he drove it off of my 6 stair and one of the rear broke i dont remember what part it was i dont recommend getting one.
I have never seen the rusty. I only saw it in pictures so I really don't now how it is. I run my Evader many times I jump it of ramps and I also have gone of stairs. The time I broke it well I didnít break it my brother did because he crashed it against the wall on one of the frond wheels so he broke one piece. But one thing that is important if you get one of this cars like the Evader I take out the motor and clean it with some Motor Cleaner and I also put two drops of oil it cleans the motor and it lubricates it I do this ever 15 runs. Have you ever run the rustler? I would like to run one.
dcadavid2003 is offline Find More Posts by dcadavid2003
Old Jul 25, 2005, 09:55 PM
Suspended Account
Roosevelt UT
Joined Oct 2004
1,982 Posts
well the ST is a more reenforced version of the evader series i had the BX and it was fast as all can be but it was also weak as all can be