HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2005, 08:14 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,572 Posts
Question
So how do you balance the blades on a Honeybee 2/Blade?

After some minor repair, I'm sure these need balancing, but I don't have a clue. Can someone take me thru Helicopter Rotor Blade balancing 101?
Is there a balancing tool required?

Thanks,

Chuck
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2005, 08:35 PM
MI
Joined Jan 2005
611 Posts
http://www.helihobby.com/html/balancing_blades.html
uav51 is offline Find More Posts by uav51
Old Jul 21, 2005, 11:12 PM
Joined Mar 2005
218 Posts
u can do what i did. Isnt 100 percent accurate but its pretty good for main blades. What i first do is check the CG of each blade with a razor. If the CG is good strap them to the heli. If not, balance them so CG is dead on. After that, spin the heli up. and make sure the blades are in track. If the blades are out of balance, some insane wobbling and stuff will occur. All u have to do is take some electrical tape, bout 1 inch, and smack it dead onto the cg point of one blade, if the wobble/vibration gets worse, ITS THE WRONG BLAAAAAAADDEE. and put the tape on the other blade. Keep trying with different lengths of tape, and eventually its balanced. Not as accurate as getting a digital scale and everything, but atleast itll fly decent
Project is offline Find More Posts by Project