HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:31 AM
East London, UK
Joined Jul 2004
219 Posts
E-Pro 2200mah 11.1v lipo in Trex XL ccpm

Posting this here too as I am sooo impressed with them. I usually post over at www.trextuning.com but thought I'd put it here too because I know there are a lot of Trex guys here. I got mine from Fung at www.flyinghobby.com for 35 each shipped. I bought 2

Copy text below:
===========================

Right, finally got some data on the 2200mah E-Pro pack after my swash separation and other probs with the tail.

I'm pretty amazed at what I got, and very, very happy.

Test conditions:
Hover only. Start stopwatch as lift off into hover. Hover height approx 18~20". Lap timer when altitude starts to decrease, and stop timer when skids touch down. Throttle/pitch not to be increased as altitude drops.

Battery start voltage: 12.61v. Finish voltage 10.86v 10 minutes after engine off.

I got 17min 58secs before very gentle altitude drop. Yes you read that right.

I got 18min 34secs before the skids gently touched down.

Battery was warm, not hot, ESC heatsink hot but able to leave finger on it indefinately, motor very hot- only able to hold finger for about 3 seconds!

When I first came to this site expressing I wanted a Trex and would love to see around 18min flight times like I got with my XRB I was politely told it wasn't possible

My caveat on all this is that I couldn't have made the test less taxing for the battery so this is probably the best possible time you could ever achieve with this pack. I'm sure that gentle FF would bring this down by at least a couple of minutes, and I'm not sure that 3D with this batt is even possible, but at least I had some sort of repeatable control on this test and it should give an indication of what we are dealing with.

To summarise, this batt does exactly what I wanted it to do, for the kind of flying I am at right now, at an extremely good price. It even fits perfectly on the Trex. They come with balance plugs too, which conveniently plug straight into my Align balance charger which means I get a balanced charge every time. The only downside is that the Align charger only punts out 1A so you are looking at around 2 hours to charge.

Big smiles this end
stickyfingers is offline Find More Posts by stickyfingers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2005, 08:14 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,755 Posts
It will fly longer when you move slowly, heli's are more efficient whilst traveling at moderate speed than they are at hovering
mattijs321 is offline Find More Posts by mattijs321