HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2002, 02:25 AM
GRAVITY... Just Say NO!
Toledo, OH
Joined Apr 2002
994 Posts
Building my first plane... Wish me luck

Ok, enuf reading already. I've been to all the sites, lurked in all the forums, and read all I could find. Finally, I went out and bought a tiger moth.

No big deal you say? Well, consider that i've never built a model before, let alone a plane model. Let alone a model that's going (?) to fly. No, it's not my first plane. I have a zagi, but my wife bought it for me used. It was built when I got it, so that doesn't count.

Later today i'll take the plunge and start to build. I've picked up some microballons and some Sig 5 min epoxy. Anyone think of anything else that i'll need? I'm open to any last min. suggestion! Just remember i'm a newbie, so K.I.S.S..

Thanks for any help!
ArcherAce is offline Find More Posts by ArcherAce
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2002, 02:42 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
well, if you know about the microballoons and epoxy, then you've probably searched these forums for tips. Keep doing so and don't be afraid to ask questions
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Apr 26, 2002, 06:16 AM
HoleDigger
Darwin
Joined Oct 2001
151 Posts
have fun
firstdegree is offline Find More Posts by firstdegree
Old Apr 26, 2002, 10:23 AM
Checking the wind
Aubry Township, Kansas South of KC.
Joined Jan 2002
1,404 Posts
First build.

My advise to you is not to get too wrapped up on all the minor details and mods at this point. If it come out looking anything like a Tiger Moth its' gonna fly and fly well! Just have fun with it and yes, use the epoxy (especially on the wings)

Use the GWS glue only on the motor stick. It doesn't stick soo well and that is good if you ever break the motor stick. (that way you can dig the old stick out for replacement without too much trouble.

Good luck!

Mike
kansascloud is offline Find More Posts by kansascloud
Old Apr 26, 2002, 10:33 AM
Wayne, NJ
Joined Apr 2001
473 Posts
I have a zagi, but my wife bought it for me used. It was built when I got it, so that doesn't count.

Actually it counts alot if you flew it, if you can handle that the TM shouldn't be a problem. If the TM looks like the picture on the box when it's done and you followed the directions it'll work out well. Most importantly, Have Fun!

Mike
Mikerjf is offline Find More Posts by Mikerjf
Old Apr 26, 2002, 10:45 AM
DAve caNDI,& 5#'s of fury
Oscoda, MI :)
Joined Jan 2001
529 Posts
Enjoy
Dandi6065 is offline Find More Posts by Dandi6065
Old Aug 02, 2008, 09:39 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce
Ok, enuf reading already. I've been to all the sites, lurked in all the forums, and read all I could find. Finally, I went out and bought a tiger moth.

No big deal you say? Well, consider that i've never built a model before, let alone a plane model. Let alone a model that's going (?) to fly. No, it's not my first plane. I have a zagi, but my wife bought it for me used. It was built when I got it, so that doesn't count.

Later today i'll take the plunge and start to build. I've picked up some microballons and some Sig 5 min epoxy. Anyone think of anything else that i'll need? I'm open to any last min. suggestion! Just remember i'm a newbie, so K.I.S.S..

Thanks for any help!
Well, how did it go?

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer