HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:04 AM
Keep it up!!!
Joined Nov 2004
15 Posts
Alert
HF VENTUS 5m Servo selection

After some research I desided to go ahead and get an HF VENTUS 5 meter.
I read good comments in the Forums, I like the sailplane and I could not resist
I am wandering what servos are you guys using?
What is the maximum servo width that the wings allow you to install?
Is it posible to install 20mm width servos even at the outer wing panels?
Have you used some kind of servo frames and where did you get them? I would apreciate some links.
Thank You all in advance!

Baper
Baper is offline Find More Posts by Baper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2005, 03:23 PM
ave
Wind Junkie
North Coast, Calif.
Joined Jun 2004
1,156 Posts
Nice plane! Congrats. I'm looking for a 4m+ scale plane myself. I'm curious, how do you setup the radio with four aileron servos? Are they supposed to work independently, or just Y-harness together two pairs to operate as one?

ave-
ave is offline Find More Posts by ave
Old Jul 19, 2005, 03:56 PM
Keep it up!!!
Joined Nov 2004
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ave
Nice plane! Congrats. I'm looking for a 4m+ scale plane myself. I'm curious, how do you setup the radio with four aileron servos? Are they supposed to work independently, or just Y-harness together two pairs to operate as one?

ave-
Thank You ave,
I will order an Easy-Patch 12-2 ESX system.
You can check its specs here
There is no prob for chanel alocation, since my Futaba Radio (MZ-14) has enought channels for the required functions.
Tha sailplane is on its way I will have it by the end of the week (I hope ), I am trying to deside on witch servos to use, so I can order them and have them in hand in tha same time.

Baper
Baper is offline Find More Posts by Baper
Old Jul 19, 2005, 06:19 PM
ave
Wind Junkie
North Coast, Calif.
Joined Jun 2004
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baper
Thank You ave,
I am trying to deside on witch servos to use, so I can order them and have them in hand in tha same time.

Baper
I know how that goes, it can be painful not to be able to build a plane just waiting for gear to arrive! My girlfirend gives me hard time sometimes because I often set my new toy within viewing distance of the bed so I can fall asleep looking at it
ave is offline Find More Posts by ave