HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:33 AM
Master of the Skies
Seattle
Joined May 2005
200 Posts
boat plans?

i was looking on the net for RC deep V plans, so I could make a few with balsa frames, then sheet them and then glass them....does anyone know of deep V plans like this?
Am I the only one who wants to make my own boat?

LOL

-TIA
Eibo Morakinaga is offline Find More Posts by Eibo Morakinaga
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2005, 02:39 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,553 Posts
Boat plans on the net are pretty rare and for deep V's even less. Tower Hobbies does a very economical hull in ABS, the Electro-V which might suit you.
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:59 AM
Master of the Skies
Seattle
Joined May 2005
200 Posts
oh well thanks...gues I have to go witht he main stream of ARR. Man it was only 10 years ago most hydros were still kits....

I am 26, and already in the stone age.....LOL
Eibo Morakinaga is offline Find More Posts by Eibo Morakinaga
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:22 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,553 Posts
If you really want to do the building youself, there are a number of plans available for sale. One of the best is in the UK, Traplet http://www.modelboats.co.uk/
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:04 AM
Village Idiot!
United States, OK, Ponca City
Joined Mar 2003
128 Posts
Another place that you can purchase plans is from Airage, the publisher of RC Boat Modeller. See their store at www.rcstore.com

I had always viewed Traplet from their site at www.traplet.com and navigated from there. They used to have photos of the finished boat, but have recently changed their website and left the photos out though. Just my 1.5 cents.
tdonily is offline Find More Posts by tdonily
Last edited by tdonily; Jul 18, 2005 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Additional info added.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 02:51 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonily
Another place that you can purchase plans is from Airage, the publisher of RC Boat Modeller. See their store at www.rcstore.com

I had always viewed Traplet from their site at www.traplet.com and navigated from there. They used to have photos of the finished boat, but have recently changed their website and left the photos out though. Just my 1.5 cents.
I usually did as well, but I've had a hard time accessing the site.
Old Aug 03, 2005, 04:48 AM
Mad-Marty
Staten Island, NY
Joined Aug 2003
122 Posts
Hmmmm....
madmarty45 is offline Find More Posts by madmarty45
Last edited by madmarty45; Aug 03, 2005 at 06:02 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2005, 04:16 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibo Morakinaga
oh well thanks...gues I have to go witht he main stream of ARR. Man it was only 10 years ago most hydros were still kits....

I am 26, and already in the stone age.....LOL
Hi "caveman",

Depending on where you live, how much time you can spend, how much you want to build from scratch, there are still a lot of boaters, building their own stuff.
For my fast electrics I use bare hulls (MHZ, Hopf, H&M), that I complete with the hardware, motor and cells that the classrules allow.
For my 25cc Homelite, a 132cm Deep Vee from plans by P.Simmons (The Screwdriver ) is in the making.
As a project that stretches over several years, a 110cm Motor torpedo boat is slowly reaching completion, powered by a Plettenberg and 20-24 cells, 40Mph should be possible (completely un-scale like, but fun!)

Plans are scarce indeed!

Draw your own.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled