HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2001, 09:30 AM
Central NJ
Joined Mar 2001
708 Posts
Anyone using Grish props for Slowflyers ?

Wondering if anyone is using these Grish props on our slow flying electric aircraft ?
And what type of prop adaptors are good for these ?
I have a TR-389 motor and I'm not impressed with the rubber-band way of holding on a prop this motor comes with, too much looseness and vibration...need to find something else to put on there
Feodosia Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Feodosia Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2001, 02:15 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,015 Posts
Try o-rings or pieces of surgical tubing that you can get from a drugstore. I use the surgical tubing and found it is much superior to rubber bands. Just slice off 1/8" rings from the size tubing you need to give a tight fit. And yes, I use Grish tornado props.
hoppy
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jun 23, 2001, 09:41 PM
Central NJ
Joined Mar 2001
708 Posts
Thanks, that's a good idea about the surgical tubing, I'll have to put that on my shopping list...

I'm not too familiar with props and adaptors....I know that different motors have different size shafts and that you may need an adaptor for each type, yes ? What prop adaptor would you recommend with the Grish props ?
Feodosia Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Feodosia Flyer
Old Jun 23, 2001, 09:48 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,015 Posts
I haven't figured out yet how a manufacturer decides what size hole to put in his props. What I'm saying is that different size props even from the same manufacturer have different size holes sometimes so I can't help you. Mr. Grish would have that info and he is MOST helpful....give him a call.
hoppy
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy