HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2005, 05:39 PM
....PieMaster....
United States, GA, Warner Robins
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
Again I say, so what? Who is responsible for your financial well being, you or the government?
YOU are responsible for your financial well being .
If a person does not like where they are at then it is up to that person to do better.......... end of case....................
kave_man is offline Find More Posts by kave_man
Old Jul 18, 2005, 05:44 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icrashedthecub
YOU are responsible for your financial well being .
If a person does not like where they are at then it is up to that person to do better.......... end of case....................
If everyone want's a bigger slice of the cake, either the cake needs to grow a lot faster or some people are going to get a smaller slice. That often causes problems
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Jul 18, 2005, 06:58 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Meanwhile, back to the original topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
. . . . This is good old fashioned demonizing.
Paul Begala is an expert at that . . . . it is his bread and butter.

And, IMHO, he's as nutty as James Carville.

VP
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:05 PM
AMA CD# 5957
Janesville, WI
Joined Jul 2004
280 Posts
Heh. At least Carville is funny, even if he's dead wrong about everything he's ever spoken publicly about. But, of course, that's just my opinion...
Robb is offline Find More Posts by Robb
Old Jul 18, 2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
I have seen Carville a lot at lsu games the man love his football and your right he is a very funny and out spoken guy a nut if you ask me.. he is just playing for the wrong team..
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Jul 18, 2005, 09:02 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
So what? I have all those things, too. All of those things are available to any American, why is it the top earner's fault if a lower income person doesn't take advantage of them?
Nobody said it was anyone's fault, except you perhaps.

Because it is not financially viable to incorporate under an S Corp or LLC for those in the lower to mid upper income level brackets, generally only the top 2-4% of income earners in the U.S. do so. I am solidly upper middle class, and the additional expense of being incorporated only started to make fiscal sense for me personally in the last year or so.

The only people who pay 35% income tax are those that can't figure out how to get their employer to pay them as a contractor, don't have a mortgage, and have little to no business expenses.

Then you have to take into account that a substantial amount of income can come from Cap gains, further reducing the effective percentage that the top 1-2% of income earners pay.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Last edited by lrsudog; Jul 19, 2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 09:16 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Oct 2004
502 Posts
TreeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TreeFlyer
Last edited by TreeFlyer; Apr 09, 2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
577 Posts
Quote:
Found this thread by accident. Irregardless of politics it would be nice to have access to healthcare that is actually affordable.
It can't be separated from politics, unfortunately. When the republicans made the decision in the 1980s that they would support the medical industry's interests over those of the consumers, they made it political.

Until voters wake up and start voting healthcare issues, we'll continue to fall further and further behind the civilized world in such things as life expectancy and infant mortality.

Sad...but true.
badaltitude is offline Find More Posts by badaltitude
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:23 PM
....PieMaster....
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
It can't be separated from politics, unfortunately. When the republicans made the decision in the 1980s that they would support the medical industry's interests over those of the consumers, they made it political.

Until voters wake up and start voting healthcare issues, we'll continue to fall further and further behind the civilized world in such things as life expectancy and infant mortality.

Sad...but true.

where are we behind in infant mortality?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:33 PM
Suspended Account
kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
577 Posts
[/QUOTE]where are we behind in infant mortality?[QUOTE]

lol.....yeah, icrashed....far behind. I posted some links to WHO stats. I guess you didn't bother to read them. No surprise. A little knowledge would tend to make you challenge your assumptions. I don't blame you for not wanting to do that...they seem rather dear to you.

HERE"S THE LINK

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/.../2091rank.html
Last edited by badaltitude; Jul 18, 2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:36 PM
....PieMaster....
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
Quote:

lol.....yeah, icrashed....far behind. I posted some links to WHO stats. I guess you didn't bother to read them. No surprise. A little knowledge would tend to make you challenge your assumptions. I don't blame you for not wanting to do that...they seem rather dear to you.
where are the links
i do not see them
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:48 PM
....PieMaster....
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
Quote:

HERE"S THE LINK

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/.../2091rank.html

foun your who stats and it looks like their are a lot of places that have a higher mortality rate (china)
looks like your stats slap you in the face
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:56 PM
Suspended Account
kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
577 Posts
Yup...we have the 43rd best infant mortality rates in the whole world.

I guess being a republican necessitates having low standards...but this is a stretch, isn't it. I bet you hold your favorite football team to higher standards than you do your country.

After all, it just doesn't sound the same to chant "we're number 43!!!", does it?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:04 PM
....PieMaster....
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
Yup...we have the 43rd best infant mortality rates in the whole world.

I guess being a republican necessitates having low standards...but this is a stretch, isn't it. I bet you hold your favorite football team to higher standards than you do your country.

After all, it just doesn't sound the same to chant "we're number 43!!!", does it?
we will never be perfect. and i do not have low standards. i was only saying there are alot of places that are worst than the US. as you made it sound like we are all doomand gloom(but that is what liberals do)
maybe one day you will see the light and turn away from the liberal
party. it wont be long before you are a member of the third part and the Libertarians are right up there with the so called Evil Republicans
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:00 AM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
www.iespell.com
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer