SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2005, 07:20 AM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
tip,Mixing glue with paint to match plane

I have been using elmers probond polyurethane glue to repair breaks in my gws planes, it is a ugly off yellow color when it dry's, I thought why not mix some of the water based paint I use to paint my planes to match the paint so I mixed up some in a small plastic container and let it dry, turned out great, it penetrated the glue really well, I only used about 2 drops of paint and about 2 drops of water and mixed it well, now I don't have to paint the glue after its dry. I guess since the paint is water based like the glue is mixed with water it really colored the glue, I bent and tried to break the glue and it doesn't seem to be any less weaker at all and now its colored all the way thru so if you want to trim it the inside will be the same color as the out side and should be no touch up
Click on the photo for a larger size
steve ypsi mi is offline Find More Posts by steve ypsi mi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2005, 04:00 PM
Janesville,wisconsin
Joined Apr 2005
100 Posts
Thats a good idea, my dad crushed his corsair body and i told him i would make it look brand new again.
radbradbb2 is offline Find More Posts by radbradbb2
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:43 AM
Flyboy
Annapolis, Md
Joined Oct 2004
735 Posts
Way to go, Steve!!! I'll try it. Bill
Bill Lesko is offline Find More Posts by Bill Lesko