HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 24, 2002, 03:53 PM
Dallas, Texas, USA
Joined Feb 2000
363 Posts
No more threads about member/vendor behavior in this forum please.

I would like to try something. Please do not create threads for the specific purpose of "discussing" how a member or vendor: posts, writes, or otherwise participates, in this forum.

To be clear, I am not saying you cannot comment/discuss a post contained in an existing thread as a "response." for example:
Thread title: ABC's new parkflyer "the Q-Tip" is underpowered for outdoor flight.

In the thread someone posts a remark that you find unintelligeable or otherwise unfair or uninformed like:
"ABC can't make good airplanes at all, they only put out cheap toys."

You post a response to inform the author that he may be incorrect since ABC models makes internationally recognized champion F5B and Pattern plane kits and products.

This is fine, it is a discussion inside a thread concerning a specific issue or behavior.

But keep it civil and clean or I'll delete the whole lot!!!

What I don't want to see (and doesn't belong in this forum), as it is a discussion about "personal behaviors" and not about Consumer/Vendor Issues. It can only serve to insult those involved. "Member Bashing" is just as conceptually wrong as "Vendor Bashing" and neither will be tolerated by me (the moderator).

Are there people out there, on this board, who are ill-informed and choose to spout out biased or false information and use hurtful commentary to "make their point"? - YES. Is it unfortunate that everyone cannot behave like civil adults and be respectful of each other, including taking some constructive criticism every so often - YES. Is there anything you or I can really do about that - NO. We cannot, through eloquence of verse or phrase, convince another that they may have misbehaved, or cause them through some miracle of enlightenment, to become mindful of others and their feelings.

Always keep in mind that the cold written word and phrase, may be taken differently than if said face to face. It is a fact that more than 3/4 of all our communication skills are in the realm of the nonverbal. In other words, it is inflection, tone, style, and most importantly body kinesiology from which we gather the most understanding of one's intent and meaning of the spoken word. So it is much more easy to "misunderstand" someone in an entirely "written" discussion forum. Although use of the various "smilies icons" available can help impart some underlying meaning, if the phrase was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

So, for now and in the future - don't start a thread that is titled, and has as its only purpose, to discuss conversational behavior, including behavior outside of this forum on this board.

Those of you who have been with us for a while may have noticed the change in the forum title from "Consumer Advocacy" to "Vendors." This is demonstrative of the shift form a purely consumer oriented forum to a more bilateral vendor-consumer discussion area. So ease off a bit please and keep that in mind.

Let's all just get along as best as possible - and go flying!

**Note, that a thread that was recently posted concerning just this issue (just a person's/vendor's behavior) has been deleted. It became a bit convoluted, as along the way several people obviously wrote flaming posts, then people resonded, and then those authors deleted there flames - leaving a thread with some responses to posts that weren't there anymore. It was also not productive, much for the reasons stated above. The calmer minds would discuss the issue, but there where those that simply did not care to change their manner of participation in respnse to those "calmer minds." Thanks to those who tried to be the voice of reason - I appreciate their posts and comments. However, when it is obvious that some won't play well together, even after such admonishments - it's time for the thread to go. So in accordance with this, the post was deleted. I know the "cooler heads" that were participating will understand.**

Sincerely,

Cash Traylor
Cash Traylor is offline Find More Posts by Cash Traylor
Last edited by Cash Traylor; Apr 26, 2002 at 04:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2002, 04:56 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
Cash,

The problem with that is that the attitude and behavior toward customers that a vendor displays are as much a part of "the deal" as the quality of models he supplies.

RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old Apr 24, 2002, 05:54 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
can we complain about whiny moderators?
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Apr 24, 2002, 07:39 PM
United States, NJ, Manchester Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,058 Posts
Thank you, Cash. I think this statement has been long over due. As I have learned the more discipline we have; the more freedom we have.
Dorme is offline Find More Posts by Dorme
Old Apr 24, 2002, 08:12 PM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Since this is about this episode and cooler minds nonwithstanding, I appreciate your patience and see the rationale of the communications explanation as explained byCash toward another sick and completely demented member with issues no doubt. This out of the way I will only state that when a team of ezone members is discussing some problem, motor function or modification, or seeks assitance, it is unprofessional and maybe even rude for a VENDOR to jump in with a sales plug complete with url,
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
Old Apr 24, 2002, 08:20 PM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
I'm still looking for a frog and a kerosene lantern.
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Old Apr 24, 2002, 08:20 PM
Concord, NC
Joined Jan 2001
1,044 Posts
Bleriot,

Dude I got to give it to you, your post crack me up, always funny!

John
J Bergsmith is offline Find More Posts by J Bergsmith
Old Apr 24, 2002, 08:31 PM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Hi DNA Are you hunting peepers?
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
Old Apr 24, 2002, 08:58 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I still don't like zagis.. I don't care what anyone says.
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Apr 24, 2002, 09:44 PM
ny
Joined Dec 2000
1,270 Posts
Why don't we do away with this whole FORUM that would stop all the truth from coming out. (or are we to go the route of RCM and MAN and all the other who are afraid to hurt the feelings of the manufactures) It seem to me it has started.????????

And i'm With TIC real airplanes have tails.
russ6421 is offline Find More Posts by russ6421
Old Apr 24, 2002, 09:47 PM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
Hi Bler,

I'm hunting SNIPES!
(I hope the instructions weren't deleted)
I wonder if a...m...o.not stocks them?

Hi tic,

I'm with you on the Z plane but I won't admit it on a public forum
like this. Besides, you get a free hat from NSP for Not buying
anything, and I buy stuff and even post a nice thank you on ezone
about it, but I dident get no hat. Bleriot must have forgotten to
pack it in my order. He's probly wearing it.
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Last edited by DNA; Apr 24, 2002 at 09:49 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 04:39 PM
Dallas, Texas, USA
Joined Feb 2000
363 Posts
Final Comments

Ok, another moderator posted a comment regarding "Vendor Bashing" in this forum today.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=39601

Those that have been here for a few years already know my take on that. I posted LONG dissertations regarding civility and guidelines for posting here - some time ago. However I have no intention of revisiting such instructional posts, as they require a large amount of effort and basically amount to me babysitting. I don't mind mediating or moderating - but I am not your "guardian ad litem."

Basically, in your threads and posts, try to stick to reasonably prudent and factual information that is useful for others (not just to whom you are directly responding). Remember that this forum's purpose is not to settle personal arguments or vendettas, but provide a means for users and vendors to discuss products, product issues (good and bad), and services. Comment based on your personal experience - this is NOT a rumor mill, if it didn't happen to you, you shouldn't be spouting out something that may be 16th party hearsay, and partially if not wholly inaccurate. [ie., don't jump on a bandwaggon that you may later find is missing a wheel or two.] Be courteous and professional in your posts, and do not use any inappropriate or offensive language (including your brand of humor). This is a public forum with readers of all ages (including other protected classes such as race, religion, sex, etc).

So, without commenting further on Dave Seay's thread:

Red Baron - Yes, service and attitude with service is part of the package, but you missed the meaning of my post - don't make it personal.

Russ6421 - You would not be the first to suggest terminating this venue. I would like to address you post with what I have already stated above, plus the fact that you must always bear in mind that people are fallible, and as such the "truth" you speak of may be based on individual perspective and possibly somewhat relative in relation to the facts. Do not always believe everything you read/hear. Always consider the source, and always keep in mind that unless the source IS your personal experience, that you should not put total faith in it. I often don't put total faith in things that are the result of my own experience! I often lack the control variable by which to judge my own result...

And finally, unless someone else would like this job - and would meet the administrator's approval - these are the rules while I'm moderator of this forum.

I have NOT been participating nor intervening near as much as I have been forced to in the past. I am not receiving near as many complaints from members concerning other posts, members, or threads as I used to. However, if something comes up that you believe I have not noticed, send me a PM notification and I will handle it if appropriate. Remember that I do not read every post or thread that appears in this forum. This is my volunteer position about my hobby, not my livelihood.

Good luck, and I hope everyone has an equal number of take-offs and landings in their future - now if only I can...

Cash Traylor
Vendors Forum Moderator
Last edited by Cash Traylor; Apr 26, 2002 at 04:49 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 04:41 PM
Dallas, Texas, USA
Joined Feb 2000
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lymon
can we complain about whiny moderators?

That's my job!

P.S. To keep this thread from going off topic (since it IS administrative in function), uh hum - "zagis?" I am closing it.

Thank you for your PM's and commentary. I'm not adjusting the rules, just your trims and mixes.

Cash
Last edited by Cash Traylor; Apr 26, 2002 at 04:44 PM.
Closed Thread