HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:19 PM
West Midlands, England
Joined Jul 2005
8 Posts
Question
Can i use any brand of Receiver with a Hitec TX ?

Hi, ive got a Hitec Optic 6 TX for my helicopter and am buying a plane shortly and want to know if i have to buy a Hitec receiver for the plane or can i use any brand of receiver such as Futaba?
Thanks
martin_uk is offline Find More Posts by martin_uk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:53 PM
Joined Apr 2005
117 Posts
Martin:

You should be able to use any brand PPM (FM) receiver with the Optic 6, as it is capable of shift select (an issue in the US, I don't know about the rest of the world). The only receivers that wouldn't work (assuming same frequency) are PCM receivers made by other manufacturers.

I hope this helps!

God bless!
Wayne J.
nemonis is offline Find More Posts by nemonis
Old Jul 09, 2005, 02:52 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,262 Posts
And if martin_uk means you're in the UK (it helps if you fill in your location) then there are no shift problems on 35MHz anyway.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:09 PM
West Midlands, England
Joined Jul 2005
8 Posts
Ive now bought my plane and its got a Futaba receiver, ive put my Hitec crystal in the Futaba receiver and tried using my Hitec TX but theres no communication
Do i need to get Futaba crystals to get it to work ? Also im not sure what you mean by shift select
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:19 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,504 Posts
Martin

You need to use a Futaba receiver crystal in the Futaba receiver and a Hitec transmitter crystal in the Hitec transmitter.

You don't need to concern yourself with shift at all, it isn't an issue in the radios in the UK.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:35 PM
West Midlands, England
Joined Jul 2005
8 Posts
Ah that makes sense - just thought they had to be the same make. So aslong as both brands of crystal are on the same channel then it should be ok then.