HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2005, 09:21 PM
Unreconstructed
Chickamauga, GA
Joined Jul 2004
234 Posts
Mibo Modeli Spirit e

I recently obtained a Mibo Modeli Spirit-e. I finally rounded up everything I needed for the plane and was able to maiden it a couple of days ago. This is my first molded ship but IMHO it flys great! I'm finally getting to the speeds where even small control throws can be hairy! I'm also really enjoying 'crow' on landing. My setup is as follows: EM Cyclon Elite 10 with a Graupner 18x10 and Hacker Master 70 3p w/li-saver, TP 6000 3s3p. I used Hitec 125mg for both ailerons and flaps with an 81 for elevator. I had a small bit of play in one of the v-tail dowels so I epoxied wing and tail dowels in. I use tape to hold wings and tail on. This method seems to work very well. I might add that with this setup you must manage the throttle. WOT the motor can draw more than the battery likes to have drawn! David
207 is offline Find More Posts by 207
Last edited by 207; Jul 23, 2005 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2005, 04:12 AM
Hastings, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand (Aotearoa)
Joined Feb 2000
1,453 Posts
I have one of these in a box waiting to be built. My motor is a Kontronik FAI10. Now all I need is the time...

My partner Ian flies one already and it is a sweet flyer, can be very quick but also slows up nice with crow's on landing.

Heather
Heather is offline Find More Posts by Heather
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:18 PM
Unreconstructed
Chickamauga, GA
Joined Jul 2004
234 Posts
more pics

Thought I would throw in a few more pictures. David
Old Jul 16, 2005, 12:32 AM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
How do you like the nosecone and the side rods for mounting the wing?
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Jul 16, 2005, 04:45 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
What is your current draw at full throttle with that motor?
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:59 AM
Unreconstructed
Chickamauga, GA
Joined Jul 2004
234 Posts
I was a bit concerned with the nose cone. I was not sure that the fuse would have the same strength up front as a more standard configuration (one piece). I've since decided that it is every bit as strong as the one piece design. I have not routed a switch outside or through the fuse so when I put it together there is power to the motor and I must be careful not to hit the throttle. I was going to epoxy the carbon rods into the v tail surfaces but there was some slop in the fuse side of one so I made sure I held the correct angle and epoxied them (carbon rods) into the fuse. I use tape to hold them in place as per manufacturer recommendation. I was not going to 'fix' anything on the wings but I ended up epoxying the wing rod in (the fuse). This has worked very well and the wing is also secured with tape. I'll have to check the current draw but the brief moment I put it on a meter it was showing 70amps + WOT with a 18x10 Graupner folder. I've been conservative with it until I was sure of some numbers. It's definitely fast and I'm hoping for some thermal ability. I'll try and get some more amp draw info. BTW, my AUW is 3lb. 11oz. David
Last edited by 207; Jul 16, 2005 at 02:28 PM. Reason: clarity
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:14 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,879 Posts
Where are the v-tail servo's, in the fuse?Is it 1 servo for both surfaces ? Lee
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:47 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,421 Posts
http://galerija.mibomodeli.si/albums/129.aspx

Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:33 AM
Unreconstructed
Chickamauga, GA
Joined Jul 2004
234 Posts
Capt soap, I'm using one servo for the v tail. The pic that Tuomo shows is the two servo modification from Mibo.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 09:44 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,879 Posts
Thanks guys, quess 1 servo must be a little higher than the other to eliminate interferance with each other. Lee
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jul 22, 2005, 08:34 AM
He who dares ... repairs!
Joined Jun 2005
677 Posts
The spirit e seems to have everything I’m looking for – two piece flat wing, flaps and fast section (mh30). I emailed Mibo a couple of days ago about availability and shipping info (whether the shipping is insured) but no reply yet

What are the wing skins like on the Spirit e? Do they resist ‘hanger rash’. Have got too many mouldies that mark really easy and don’t want another.
Hobster is offline Find More Posts by Hobster
Old Jul 22, 2005, 09:55 PM
SCAMMERS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
Hobster,

go to www.espritmodel.com and click on sailplanes----> hotliners they have them in many colors
trashmanf is offline Find More Posts by trashmanf
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:16 PM
Unreconstructed
Chickamauga, GA
Joined Jul 2004
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobster
What are the wing skins like on the Spirit e? Do they resist ‘hanger rash’. Have got too many mouldies that mark really easy and don’t want another.
The plane seems IMHO to be fairly robust but at the same time it is not too hard to scratch or blemish a wing. This is my first molded plane. The fuse is tough. David
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:08 PM
Master of Fun
Silicon Valley Calif.
Joined Apr 2005
409 Posts
Congrats on your plane

207; congratulation on your plane. Great job, great photos. Any chance of a video soon?
Jeff85 is offline Find More Posts by Jeff85
Old Jul 23, 2005, 06:38 AM
He who dares ... repairs!
Joined Jun 2005
677 Posts
Trashmanf – thanks for the link to espritmodel, great website, been watching some of the videos. Should have mentioned that I am in England, anything I buy from the states gets a big import tax bill (so much for free trade!) so makes more sense for me to buy from mibomodelli. No reply to my emails yet – perhaps they are out flying, guess I’ll have to give em a call.
207 – thanks for your reply, it’s a great looking model, I look forward to some more flying reports
Hobster is offline Find More Posts by Hobster