HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2005, 05:51 PM
Bob S
Austin Tx
Joined Dec 2004
291 Posts
Anyone ever put it here?

I just installed the JR lg after getting tired of bending the stock one. While doing so I thought I would move stuff around a bit. (mostly looking to get the RX on the other side of the crutch)

I was looking at the ESC and the LG at first seems like a good place to put it. It would be further from the RX and gyro and also out of the canopy in the wash for some cooling. The only downside I can see is the looks. So... has anyone ever done this before? Problems?
ki0qm is offline Find More Posts by ki0qm
Last edited by ki0qm; Jul 07, 2005 at 06:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2005, 07:45 PM
Heli Headcase
Cliffside Park, NJ
Joined May 2003
2,551 Posts
i would recommend against putting it there...in a hard crash one of the things likely to beak first is your landing gear....that JR gear has the tendancy to snap rather than bend. I guess you could see where I'm going with this...I would attach it somewhere on the frame where it will be safer...good luck
Orion_V is offline Find More Posts by Orion_V
Old Jul 07, 2005, 09:08 PM
olo
Sydney
Joined Oct 2003
219 Posts
especially with a heavy battery attached to landing gear it is easy to rip it off from your heli... you don't want to rip off all those cables with it.
olo is offline Find More Posts by olo
Old Jul 07, 2005, 09:19 PM
Bob S
Austin Tx
Joined Dec 2004
291 Posts
Fair enough. I'll put it back in under the canopy. I'm concerned about heat in there though. Pretty sad however that a Phoenix 45 running 25a can overheat.
ki0qm is offline Find More Posts by ki0qm
Old Jul 08, 2005, 02:17 AM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2005
5,157 Posts
That's your BEC getting hot. It's quite common for that to happen with a Phoenix 35/45 on a Corona. It's not serious until you go the 3S lipo route. You may want an external BEC then.
aragon is offline Find More Posts by aragon