SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2002, 12:23 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,430 Posts
Astro Micro Meter Low Volt Modification

Chuck Haverlah in Thousand Oaks CA figured out how to modify an Astro Micro Meter so it does not consume any power from the source (uses an auxilliary 9v transistor battery) and will operate down to zero volts. Chuck was also kind enough to talk me through the modification.

This modification is very useful for measuring amps, watts, and volts for the battery packs and motors we are often concerned with for our very micro models. For example, a 4-cell NiMH or NiCd pack will drop its voltage below 4 volts pretty quickly undur a load. The Astro Micro Meter officially works at 4 volts and above (in practice it quits at about 3.75v). It also consumes some power from the source. This easy modification solves both those problems.

I've written up the technique with photos and a diagram and put it on my site. Here's the Link.

Regards, Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Apr 23, 2002 at 12:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts