HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2005, 11:03 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Yippee!
GWS War Birds 400 Series

After a long years experience, GWS RD keep up date our products inorder to get a better performance although GWS WW-IIs were very popular every where in the world.

GWS War Birds 400 Series will be come soon.

There is nothing change of the foam pcs, but we feel our WW-IIs fly even more powerful with our EPS400C D gear drive and stable than before.

When EPS400C gear drive with 2 cells Li-Po with EP1060HD, they fly smoothly, without tail heavy.

While you may also use 3 cells Li-Po with EP9050HD, then, she become a hot shot!

Although this change not be started on production line yet, but will be soon after the new color box designed and instruction manual had written.

You may try by yourself, if you are in a hurry to see this great result.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2005, 11:28 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,343 Posts
GWS4CEO

that sounds like a great idea!

What you might also think about trying is this make a Lipo ESC that has the same conections as the 400 type motors so people can just plug the esc right to the motor, this will help the new pilot to make it more plug in play. also offer a version of the esc that is for the 350 type motors so they are more plug in play!

Most people dont want to have to solder wires and stuff and if your a new pilot with no one to help you this could make it hard to get the planes built.

Robert
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jul 07, 2005, 08:07 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
tell GWS about where you had seen our manuals were wrong

As you know, GWS WW-IIs manuals are not perfect.

So, it's time to tell GWS about where you had seen our manuals were wrong understanding used incorrect English words or spelling, before next editon GWS WW-II 400's manuals will be printed.
Old Jul 08, 2005, 07:31 AM
Crowthorne, Berkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2002
211 Posts
Mr Lin

Great idea re-powering the warbirds. My son's Formosa goes much better with the EPS400C D gear set up than with the 370 original, which burnt out after about 12 flights on 8 NiMHs. My experience with your PT17 is that the 400 set up gives long service on 8 Nicads/NiMHs. Don't know about 3-cell LiPos though......

Trev
TrevC is offline Find More Posts by TrevC
Old Jul 08, 2005, 12:05 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
EPS400C D gear drive with EP9050HD prop by using power supply set at 11.1V, get 470g!

I just measure EPS400C D gear drive with EP9050HD prop by using power supply set at 11.1V, get 470g thrust comsume 9.1A ( 101 Watts).

Although looks not be very supprised? But this is high speed airflow.

Under such condition, we can expect to use GWS 3 cells 1300mAh Li-Po pack.
Old Jul 08, 2005, 12:24 PM
Vampowered!
Crestview Florida
Joined Dec 2003
1,816 Posts
Mr. Lin....I am a dearler of yours. If you would like me to help rewrite the English versions of the manuals....I will be happy to help. i made this offer months ago but maybe you missed it.
Please send me a PM if this interests you.
Thanks
Vammy aka JEFF
Urban RC Products, Inc.
Vamooska is offline Find More Posts by Vamooska
Old Jul 09, 2005, 01:16 PM
'Riders fan.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Joined Mar 2004
1,165 Posts
I think it's a great idea to update the motors. A good, inexpensive alternative to brushless. I would suggest though that you start manufacturing the 400 series motors and parts in mass though. It's very difficult to get 400 series parts in this area.

Maybe replace the orange props with black ones while you're at it.
David Winter is offline Find More Posts by David Winter
Old Jul 09, 2005, 01:48 PM
Joined Jul 2002
6,343 Posts
Mr Lin ( My Idea)

Mr Lin My First Idea

The ICS480 which is agood ESC for the 400 has a battery conector that does not work with most battery packs

here is what I would do.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2005, 02:41 PM
'Riders fan.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Joined Mar 2004
1,165 Posts
Actually, many (if not most) Lipo packs come with the Deans Ultra female connectors.
David Winter is offline Find More Posts by David Winter
Old Jul 09, 2005, 03:14 PM
Joined Jul 2002
6,343 Posts
David Winter

GWS now sales Lipo packs, and they offer two types ones with connectors and ones without the ones they have with Connectors use the connector I have listed above.

Mr Lin asked me to help him so I just offered a sugestion. there is still no standard for connectors wow that would make this so much faster to fix. anyways intill then just my opinion.

Robert
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2005, 03:57 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
After a long years experience, GWS RD keep up date our products inorder to get a better performance although GWS WW-IIs were very popular every where in the world.

GWS War Birds 400 Series will be come soon.

There is nothing change of the foam pcs, but we feel our WW-IIs fly even more powerful with our EPS400C D gear drive and stable than before.

When EPS400C gear drive with 2 cells Li-Po with EP1060HD, they fly smoothly, without tail heavy.

While you may also use 3 cells Li-Po with EP9050HD, then, she become a hot shot!

Although this change not be started on production line yet, but will be soon after the new color box designed and instruction manual had written.

You may try by yourself, if you are in a hurry to see this great result.
I'll be waiting for the 400 warbirds. I didn't have much luck with the 350 P-51. By the way, what's the color box and instruction manual design? You mean like the Formosa's? I just got a Formosa with a color manual and a box with a color picture of the plane and Yu-Shan National Park on it.
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:59 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,305 Posts
Can I use a Speed 400 plus with CamProp in the current Warbirds? With 2 cell lipo 1500?

Kind regards,
Dave
RNAF is offline Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:14 AM
Crowthorne, Berkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2002
211 Posts
Dave

Before getting a Speed 400 for your warbird, check out the Brushless Outrunner deal available from RCMDirect.co.uk.I just bought one, and at £30 for the motor and controller it's great value. My Corsair flies really well with it, powered by a 7.4V 1250 LiPo. After 10 minute's flying it only seems to take about 0.8AH from the pack as it's mostly on half throttle - full throttle draw is 10A on the kit 8x6. You may find a more local supplier if you search hard. They're also available via E-bay.

Trev
TrevC is offline Find More Posts by TrevC
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:27 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,305 Posts
Wow, that indeed is a great deal. I'm not very into brushless... yet. I absolutely know sh#t about brushless. Do you use this motor as a DD or geared? I'm pretty sure I can't get it in Holland for a simillar price. One advantage: this doesn't cost more than a Speed 400 + ESC! (do you happen to know if it also fits in a Wemotec HW-609 EDF?)

Dave
RNAF is offline Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2005, 09:00 AM
Ship first, Improve often
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
I'm about to try this exact setup in my corsair. I bought the slope glider so I could figure out what I wanted as I built it. I think this will be a good setup. All of the parts should be in this week and I'll hopefully maiden this weekend.

Motor/Gearbox - GWS EPS-400C-DS BALL BEARING MOTOR/GEARBOX D GEAR
Prop - APC 10 X 7 SLOW FLYER PROPELLER
Battery - GWS 11.1 VOLT 1300 MAH LIPOLY BATTERY PACK
Speed Controller - CASTLE CREATIONS PIXIE 20P BRUSHED SPEED CONTROL
L0stS0ul is offline Find More Posts by L0stS0ul