HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 04, 2010, 10:00 PM
Registered User
Neenah, WI
Joined May 2006
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parambir View Post
All the plans I am getting on this forum for printing on a single page are of 8 x 11 inches whereas they should be much bigger. Can someone help.
Are you looking for the "tiled" plans? The tiled-plans print out on multiple sheets, and the sheets are assembled together to generate the "full size" plan.
gyrocptr is offline Find More Posts by gyrocptr
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2010, 01:01 AM
Registered User
parambir's Avatar
United States, WI, Evansville
Joined Aug 2008
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrocptr View Post
Are you looking for the "tiled" plans? The tiled-plans print out on multiple sheets, and the sheets are assembled together to generate the "full size" plan.
I am looking for a single page plan.
parambir is offline Find More Posts by parambir
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2010, 09:30 AM
Registered User
Longshot44's Avatar
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jul 2003
59 Posts
Nasty Plans

Here are the plans i built mine from :
(((i hope it is OK to post these here?)))
Longshot44 is offline Find More Posts by Longshot44
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2010, 12:42 AM
Registered User
parambir's Avatar
United States, WI, Evansville
Joined Aug 2008
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot44 View Post
Here are the plans i built mine from :
(((i hope it is OK to post these here?)))
Thanks Longshot but have you noticed that when you download the single page plan file, it is 8.5 in x 11 in. How do I increase the scale?
parambir is offline Find More Posts by parambir
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2010, 01:17 PM
Registered User
Longshot44's Avatar
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jul 2003
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parambir View Post
Thanks Longshot but have you noticed that when you download the single page plan file, it is 8.5 in x 11 in. How do I increase the scale?
I don't know, I just printed out the "tiled" one and butted the pages together and taped them.

They printed out perfect for me.

You could take the single page one to a print shop and I'm sure they could increase the scale.

Good Luck ...... Sweeeeeeeeeet Little Plane !!!!!

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Life is short...Do it now! ~}:-)
Longshot44 is offline Find More Posts by Longshot44
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 04:45 AM
Registered User
parambir's Avatar
United States, WI, Evansville
Joined Aug 2008
259 Posts
Ok so I finally printed the plans and ready to build the baby. I am planning to use TowerPro 2410-08 with a 1047 SF prop and a 3S 2250 mAh. Any serious objections anyone
I have this in stock from my SlowStick and so would like to try this. Has anyone used this pack before?
parambir is offline Find More Posts by parambir
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 05:48 PM
Registered User
appsmyth's Avatar
Athens, Greece
Joined Nov 2006
3 Posts
Here are some videos of my "Evil Nasty".

Maiden flight:
3d Nasty maiden flight (2 min 38 sec)

On board video with Eco FlyCamOne:
Nasty 3d foamy with eco FlyCamOne part1 (2 min 56 sec)

nasty 3d foamy with Eco FlyCamCne part2 (2 min 44 sec)
appsmyth is offline Find More Posts by appsmyth
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2010, 06:26 PM
Registered User
Suicufnoc's Avatar
Joined Aug 2010
25 Posts
Well I built one sunday:


Hacker 20-28 clone
Rhino 3s 1050mah lipo
cheap 18-20A HobbyKing ESC
maiden will be with a 9x4.7 prop. should be enough but later will try a 10 or 11

Using my crappy inaccurate fish scale I estimate weight to be about 14oz.
Motor is mounted in front of where it's supposed to be but the cg cane out just right so we'll see how it goes.

Haven't maidened yet. It's been pretty windy here for the last couple days.
Suicufnoc is offline Find More Posts by Suicufnoc
Last edited by Suicufnoc; Sep 07, 2010 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:32 PM
Registered User
Suicufnoc's Avatar
Joined Aug 2010
25 Posts
Maidened Successfully last week. There was a little too much wind for me to be comfortable though.

Flew for about half an hour the next day. Pretty fun, but it was too dark. Also seemed a little nose heavy, didn't want to harrier, etc...
Landed too hard at the end of the second battery and broke the foam right behind the motor mount.
Repaired that, moved CG back a hair.

Flew last night for a minute, got disoriented, apparently is was upside down, smashed the nose into the ground.
Stuck the carbon rod about 4 inches into the ground. Smashed the foam back to there, pretty much ripped the nose apart. The motor mount came off, and amazing the prop didn't break.

Today I rebuilt the nose with two doubler for triple thick nose. May be a little too much weight to add, but we'll see. Moved battery back to compensate, and will fly again today.
Suicufnoc is offline Find More Posts by Suicufnoc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:49 AM
Registered User
parambir's Avatar
United States, WI, Evansville
Joined Aug 2008
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicufnoc View Post
Maidened Successfully last week. There was a little too much wind for me to be comfortable though.

Flew for about half an hour the next day. Pretty fun, but it was too dark. Also seemed a little nose heavy, didn't want to harrier, etc...
Landed too hard at the end of the second battery and broke the foam right behind the motor mount.
Repaired that, moved CG back a hair.

Flew last night for a minute, got disoriented, apparently is was upside down, smashed the nose into the ground.
Stuck the carbon rod about 4 inches into the ground. Smashed the foam back to there, pretty much ripped the nose apart. The motor mount came off, and amazing the prop didn't break.

Today I rebuilt the nose with two doubler for triple thick nose. May be a little too much weight to add, but we'll see. Moved battery back to compensate, and will fly again today.
WOW !!! Sounds like some love hate story Good going though.
parambir is offline Find More Posts by parambir
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:13 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, San Carlos
Joined Nov 2007
1,332 Posts
I'm going to be starting a nasty soon. I noticed two things:

1. The ailerons at the root of the wing are slightly smaller than the tip, is there a reason for this? I thought maybe for differential, but they're only off by about 1/4", so I thought it may just be a small drawing error.

2. The horizontal stab is located about 1/4" below the wing. Again, is there a reason for this or should the wing and stab be on the same line?

I'm making mine with a 50% kf step on top and two layers of FFF for the fuse for minimal tail twist.

- Jeff
jkarnacki is offline Find More Posts by jkarnacki
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:02 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
nevermind!
maxmax77 is offline Find More Posts by maxmax77
Last edited by maxmax77; Dec 25, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 08:38 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
hi all! i have a question...if I'm going brushless direct drive, just to make sure do i need a motor weighing around 45 grams, producing well above 400 grams of thrust?
here's what I was thinking i would get...it's basically a hacker copy, produces about 600 grams of thrust
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3732

thanks in advance!
-Max
maxmax77 is offline Find More Posts by maxmax77
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:05 AM
Registered User
parambir's Avatar
United States, WI, Evansville
Joined Aug 2008
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmax77 View Post
hi all! i have a question...if I'm going brushless direct drive, just to make sure do i need a motor weighing around 45 grams, producing well above 400 grams of thrust?
here's what I was thinking i would get...it's basically a hacker copy, produces about 600 grams of thrust
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3732

thanks in advance!
-Max
I would not personally use this. If you read the specs it can handle a small prop of 8x5. I have put 2410-08 with 10 x 47 prop. This is what it needs.
parambir is offline Find More Posts by parambir
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
okay, thanks! Ordering the 2409-08 now!
maxmax77 is offline Find More Posts by maxmax77
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Infineon EPP Bipe - Free Plans, Build Guide and Video firetrappe Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 8552 Jul 20, 2014 08:16 PM
Build Log "STS" Seaplane/Airplane Free Plans, Build Guide and Videos! WaterDog Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 821 Jun 19, 2014 02:39 AM
Build Log “BigNasty” Full fuse, full wing. Free Plans and Build Guide. WaterDog Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 959 Mar 10, 2014 10:52 AM
“BigNasty” Full fuse, full wing. Free Plans and Build Guide. WaterDog 3D Flying 7 Jan 12, 2008 02:42 PM
"BIGNASTY" Full fuse, full wing. Free plans, Build Guide. WaterDog 3D Flying 0 Aug 16, 2005 10:31 PM