Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 04, 2005, 10:06 PM
Escondido, ca, usa
Joined Dec 2000
283 Posts
Radio Problems with Trex

I was checking control throws while doing some repair work on my Trex after a crash. I was getting enough forward cyclic control but almost no reverse. I thought I had stripped a servo gear, so changed it and the same problem exists. I then changed the receiver out to a brand new one, and still no difference. I then checked my right and left cyclic and I have more movement in one direction than the other. I thought maybe something was binding, so I checked the servo without the arms attached and it still shows the same problem. The last item I could think of is the transmitter. The transmitter is only a couple months old and I haven't dropped it or hit it hard. The transmitter is an Hitec Optic 6 and the receiver is a Hitec Electrom 6. Has anybody else had this type of problem? Any suggestions? I think this was the cause of my last crash, I went into a turn and it wouldn't pull up or pull out of the turn.

TIA,

Terry Throop
TThroop is offline Find More Posts by TThroop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2005, 10:10 PM
Decatur, Al.
Joined Jan 2005
387 Posts
I had a simular problem with my Futaba CHP. I reset the program, started from scratch, and that fixed it.
RevGadget is offline Find More Posts by RevGadget
Old Jul 05, 2005, 06:37 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
700 Posts
Just a thought dose your Tx have aircraft memory you may tripped another memory or not on the correct one.been there done that. Cheer's
CrocEnd is offline Find More Posts by CrocEnd
Old Jul 05, 2005, 07:00 AM
Stratford upon Avon
Joined Jul 2004
2,502 Posts
Check that the endpoints in the TX are set correctly... I have a 7CHP and I use NiMh AAs in a 'holder' instead of the stock NiCAD. I can pull teh AAs from the holder, replaced with charged ones and be back flying without waiting for a charge... but sometimes it resets the endpoint on the aeleron right stick to 0. I guess it's lack of voltage for a minute....Always check my throws before any flight so I catch this if it happens.

If that does not work then look into recentering your servos.

Set all trims to 0, set any subtrim to 0.

Remove the servo arms and put them back on so the swash is level. Then check for left and right, fore and aft, movement.

You will not get the swash perfect so adjust with subtrim / trim when you're done.
ukgroucho is offline Find More Posts by ukgroucho