HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2005, 05:42 PM
Chilled and served
Sweden
Joined Mar 2005
287 Posts
Often used brushless ESC schematic?

Yes, i know that its full of schematics off several esc on this forum but thats kinda the problem. Its hard to tell which is the best and used by most people here because one say one thing and another something else. Just so i know that if i would put several hours in building one and then only to discover that the design wasn’t so good after all and/or that the software is outdated and isnt updated anymore.

But among many designs so did i had my eyes on the Takao Shimizu design. It looks really good and i would say that it is quite simple to build among others i have seen. Is this a design that is used by many and would it work well with homemade motors that might have different amounts of stator and magnet poles? And that its also can echive high rpm:s with such motors? So with other words is it something that i should start to build? Please convince me.

Regards Henrik
Henry. is offline Find More Posts by Henry.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2005, 08:09 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,672 Posts
Takao builds his own outrunner motors.
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Jul 05, 2005, 12:05 PM
Chilled and served
Sweden
Joined Mar 2005
287 Posts
Yes i know, and its real impressive that he has built more or less all kind of smaller motors there is, but what i dont know is how his brushless ESC design has worked when other has build it, worked directly with all motors, good software and so on.
Henry. is offline Find More Posts by Henry.
Old Jul 05, 2005, 07:46 PM
Frankfurt Intl, Germany
Joined Jul 2004
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry.
Yes, i know that its full of schematics off several esc on this forum but thats kinda the problem. Its hard to tell which is the best and used by most people here because one say one thing and another something else. Just so i know that if i would put several hours in building one and then only to discover that the design wasn’t so good after all and/or that the software is outdated and isnt updated anymore.

But among many designs so did i had my eyes on the Takao Shimizu design. It looks really good and i would say that it is quite simple to build among others i have seen. Is this a design that is used by many and would it work well with homemade motors that might have different amounts of stator and magnet poles? And that its also can echive high rpm:s with such motors? So with other words is it something that i should start to build? Please convince me.

Regards Henrik

Henrik,
I think Quax's BLMC design is the one that has been built the most. At least of those that are completely free to the public.

You will find the schematic and the software on his web site:
http://home.versanet.de/~b-konze/blmc_bko/blmc_en.htm

I'm offering a nice PCB layout for download and also professionally made PCBs at a fair price for those who don't want to make them at home. About 350 PCBs have alredy been ordered by individuals all over the world though most have been delivered within Europe.

More information on the layout and the PCBs are available on my web site:
http://www.turbinemuseum.de/Modellba...blmc__uk_.html

I have to add that only very few of the PCBs are left and it's not sure if I'll have another batch made.

Cheers,
Tom
Turbo-Tom is offline Find More Posts by Turbo-Tom