SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2005, 06:53 PM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
I don't know cause I don't have one, I have built 4 of these over the last 1.5 years. I have found that if I put the ESC RX in the factory location and the battery as far forward as possible it flys fine. I think you will be safe there to start, to be safe you could add a few oz's to the nose 1st and see how she feels. I have never had a problem with CG in any of my Strykers. I run a TP2100 3 cell so the weight will be very close to the same. Your battery might be slightly heaver.

CTD
crash test dummy is offline Find More Posts by crash test dummy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2005, 07:03 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Thanks.....do you cut away any for the battery to go farther forward or just to the 1st rib......
cnc custom is offline Find More Posts by cnc custom
Old Nov 17, 2005, 07:06 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
my Kokams are 5.8 oz....and maxamps are 6.9 ozs
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:03 PM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
No I didn't cut any out. I did widen it some, but not much. Nothing was cut out of the front of the batt compartment.

CTD
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:48 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
OK......Thanks for your Help....I will let you know how it goes tomorrow
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:52 PM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
Cool!

CTD
Old Nov 18, 2005, 04:08 AM
If it flies do it!
Mount Vernon, WA
Joined Oct 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8er48
Who knows were to get Gen2 fuselage ??????????????????
I am lucky enough to have a distributor only 4 miles from my house but you can get many of the Stryker parts at Horizon Hobby
BoboG is offline Find More Posts by BoboG
Old Nov 18, 2005, 07:50 AM
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
Joined Apr 2004
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy
Wingtips24,

I'll be looking forward to seeing some pix of that project. 6 degrees was what the feels like temp was. Actual temp was in the balmy 20's. I went out at 4:30 PM to my private air field near work and flew a pack in the Stryker. The winds were under 5 MPH, much nicer! I'm having a hard time adjusting to my new JR 8103. I've been playing with the expo. I hope to get it dialed in soon. Everything just feels weird.

Check out this video I did of my buddys Ultimate. The camera man [me] has nerves of steel!!! That was a close one. I told him the next time he gets that close I'd reach out and grab it like King Kong, we do have fun!!

http://media.putfile.com/Ultimate1733

CTD
CTD,

Could not see the video for some reason so I'll have to try it from home. I'll get you some pics as soon as I get a chance. This one came out pretty good I think.

Tips
Wingtips24 is offline Find More Posts by Wingtips24
Old Nov 18, 2005, 07:52 AM
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
Joined Apr 2004
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor
I have had great success using the Multipod 5-in-1. Works rather well on my modified "Eye in the Sky" Styker survey plane too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/show...0&ppuser=42716

Monitor,

Thanks for the pics, videos and the suggestion. I'll look it up. I sure would like to make videos like you guys!

Tips
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:17 AM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
Tips,

I just use me Digi camera to shoot video's. It works pretty good, the zoom isn't very good but thats ok. I just have to fly closer in to myself. I have a Kodak Easyshare 5.0 meg. I got it as a gift so I don't know how much they are but I don't think they would be more than a couple hundred bucks. Maybe less. I'd like to have a good video camera, however I already have a tape based camera I hardly use. I'd rather put the cash into a new plane.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:44 AM
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
Joined Apr 2004
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy
Tips,

I just use me Digi camera to shoot video's. It works pretty good, the zoom isn't very good but thats ok. I just have to fly closer in to myself. I have a Kodak Easyshare 5.0 meg. I got it as a gift so I don't know how much they are but I don't think they would be more than a couple hundred bucks. Maybe less. I'd like to have a good video camera, however I already have a tape based camera I hardly use. I'd rather put the cash into a new plane.

That one that monitor showed me is pretty nice. Just $99 and it can shoot 12 minutes of photo which is just perfect for Flight videos. I think I am gonna get that if nothing else pops up.

Tips
Old Nov 18, 2005, 03:23 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Maiden Flight

Well my Maiden Flight on my new Stryker went without a hitch...and Man this thing is Fast..Not Ballistic Fast but Fast enough for me Right now,Coming from Combat wings on the slope......With a 5.5 x 4.5 Prop my 3s1p 2000 Kokams were on the verge of Hot..hotter than warm....This thing is alot Faster than the Slinger I had this Motor in.....Lots of Fun...Thanks for all the Tips ..I put the 2 1/8 CF rods thru the Back under the Motor Mount and beefed up my Stock motor Mount and had no problems though I did notice it flexing on throttle when I had it in my Hand........I also taped up the Hinges...........This thing Rocks

I would post a pic but you have all seen the Stock Version Camo Job..I took out all the RTF stuff out for my Wifes Wild Wing I am building her (liked the dual Rates).......will change paint scheme this weekend

Maiden Setup......AUW 21.5 OZ.
Mega 16/15/4
Castle Creations 35 esc.
Kokam 3s1p 2000 Lipos
Hs 81 servos
555 rec.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 03:28 PM
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
Joined Apr 2004
1,715 Posts
When you get bored try a 5X5 ann then a 6X4 that pack should do great with those props. Watch out that 6X4 really will get ya moving. Flight times will shorten by about 2 minutes but power and speed will increase quite a bit. Glad to hear you are having so much fun. Also keep a look out to see if you see the wings flexing. It may do that in some dives. if it does you may have to stiffen up there as well. Happy flying!

Tips
Old Nov 18, 2005, 04:05 PM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc custom
Well my Maiden Flight on my new Stryker went without a hitch...and Man this thing is Fast..Not Ballistic Fast but Fast enough for me Right now,Coming from Combat wings on the slope......With a 5.5 x 4.5 Prop my 3s1p 2000 Kokams were on the verge of Hot..hotter than warm....This thing is alot Faster than the Slinger I had this Motor in.....Lots of Fun...Thanks for all the Tips ..I put the 2 1/8 CF rods thru the Back under the Motor Mount and beefed up my Stock motor Mount and had no problems though I did notice it flexing on throttle when I had it in my Hand........I also taped up the Hinges...........This thing Rocks

I would post a pic but you have all seen the Stock Version Camo Job..I took out all the RTF stuff out for my Wifes Wild Wing I am building her (liked the dual Rates).......will change paint scheme this weekend

Maiden Setup......AUW 21.5 OZ.
Mega 16/15/4
Castle Creations 35 esc.
Kokam 3s1p 2000 Lipos
Hs 81 servos
555 rec.
Glad you had a great maiden flight. Also try a 6X5.5 ACP very fast. Do you have a bike too? I attached a pictuier of mine. If it had wings it still wouldnt fly. She is 850 LBS wet.

CTD
Old Nov 18, 2005, 04:07 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Thanks I will try that 6 x 4 later after I get used to this speed....its alot different than what I have been Flying.......plus I am a little Rusty from a 3 Yr absence from flying......