HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2005, 09:29 PM
Wilmington DE
Joined Sep 2004
54 Posts
Has anyone tried canard winglets at the nose of the Stryker? I know there is not much room up by where the nose meet the rest of the fuze, but I wonder if it would handle any different. I might have to give it a try with some foam or corplast canards.
What does everyone think?
defcon1 is offline Find More Posts by defcon1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:58 PM
Adelaide
Joined Nov 2003
151 Posts
Hi

Yes, needed to lengthen the nose area - but it did work coupled to the elevator channel.

regards
Brenton
wildtech is offline Find More Posts by wildtech
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:02 PM
boise idaho, CALI is home
Joined Aug 2005
637 Posts
NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

ok here is the problem, i just bought a new hitec micro 555 reciever, 2 hs 55s, an eflight 35 amp speedcontrol about 2 weeks ago going to convert my stock stryker over to regular radio. I set everything up as planned and instructed, checked the servos for working and they were, I then added a V tail mixer to the system and everything went HAYWIRE!!!!!! servos over extended and stripped every gear motor spun up destroying prop and breaking motor mount with shrapmetal ( plastic and foam ) flying everywhere? I disconnected everything and tried a another set of servos and rx i had with the same vtail mixer, this time without a motor attached and everything works fine, then connected the motor and still everything works fine. I disconnected again and went with the micro 555 again without the V tail mixer and everything works great, connect the vtail mixer and everything got destroyed again????? what the F............................AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH needless to say i have no idea what is going on, and have no way to control my stryker if i dont have the mixer in the system?? help please
parkzonekid is offline Find More Posts by parkzonekid
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:03 PM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
GP 1100 Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8VTEC
Thanks Ron, the motor is out of stock. Trying to find it tho...
I have not made the jump to lipos...or a real 4ch yet, kind of just jumped back into flying and stumbled onto the Stryker. Any recommendations on another pack? Don't worry, I already have the bug. I just want to push this one a little more so that my real attempt at a hair on fire dosen't end up as packing peanuts on it's maiden.
Try these packs in 8 or 9 cell config. Get them at www.cheapbatterypacks.com Gold Peak 2/3 A cells ROCK!!

CTD
crash test dummy is offline Find More Posts by crash test dummy
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:10 PM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
Control rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycomm
I flew my stryker tonight, but had three very disappointing flights. No real crashes, but some "un planned" landings. When I flew it on sunday it only required a couple of clicks of trim. Tonight I had to hold severe stick inputs just to maintain some sort of straight and level. I adjusted the linkages for trim, but each flight was different, and un predictable. I gave up after a while. My best guess is the elvons are not centering. I used packing tape hinges, and they may not be strong enough for a faster plane like the stryker. My elvons are monokoted balsa. I think I may try some robart hinge points or similar. Any other ideas? the airframe is true and no warps are noticeable.
Btw, The stryker flies just fine with one vertical stab.

Ryan
Are you still using the factory control rods? Mine became so stressed that they would bend with each flight, making my trim goofy. I put some 4-40 rods with steel clevises. Rock solid now. Just an Idea....

CTD
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:10 AM
Tree Fodder
Mount Holly Burlington, New Jersey, United States
Joined Sep 2004
986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo
Has anyone used one of these packs? These are quite wide, do you need to cut away a lot of foam to make one of these fit? Oh darn theyr'e out of stock.
I use those packs in my Unicorn. It's quite wide. Need to modify the bay substantially, and make provisions for cooling air to flow above AND below, and it'll be fine.

However, I have to say that their 2600N (narrow) pack is a better fit, handles 12C draw (the 2200 pack is 10c) and weighs about the same as an 8-cell GP 1050 pack. (6.6 oz). I've been EXTREMELY happy with those packs, but they are pricey at the moment.
MumblinBerk is offline Find More Posts by MumblinBerk
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:40 AM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
A little off topic.....sorry.

Ok, I'm almost done with my new project, havn't figured out what motor to put in it. It's a pusher Ultrafly F-16. Do any of you guys have one of these or know anybody that has one? I'm looking for some input on the elevator system. As you can see the elevator isn't installed yet. Actually I BROKE and Great Planes is sending new parts, free. I glassed her with .75 oz cloth and mixwax

Sorry about the off topic stuff, but I prefer asking people I feel I know better than some STRANGER. As if there could be anyone stranger than a bunch of Stryker addicts.

You can PM me so we don't clog up this thread with F-16 gooble-e-gook.

Thanks, CTD
Last edited by crash test dummy; Aug 31, 2005 at 12:47 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 02:52 AM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windface
look hear Ron Carlton the Atro fligh 109 is the charger you are loking for. the TP3200 4S is a good chois but the new TP2100 Pro lites is beter it is 15 to 16C continus around (31amp.) and 20 C burst of 10 sec.(42 amp) is 7Gram. lees than the Gen2. with mega4t and 4S lipo you are in the 35 to 40 amp region.(6x4 prop.)
My Stryker with a Mega 15/16/4T, 6x4 MAS, on 4S Tanic 2220 draws 27 amps static. Maybe the Prolites can give more amperage so the Mega draws more with them?
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Aug 31, 2005, 05:47 AM
San Juan Marin Intl, Puerto Rico
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erashby
My Stryker with a Mega 15/16/4T, 6x4 MAS, on 4S Tanic 2220 draws 27 amps static. Maybe the Prolites can give more amperage so the Mega draws more with them?
Some point of consideration is @ what altitud you test or fligh (I live 200 ft. ASL) the other the kine of prop. and the voltage @ any given amperage. the new prolite holde 3.4 to 3.5 v. per cell @ 10 to 12 C (2.1x12=25.2 amp.) what the prolite give you is more volt the amp was produc for the load of the motor. and the pro lites can sutain a beter level of voltage@ those amp. Hope make sence.
windface is offline Find More Posts by windface
Old Aug 31, 2005, 07:28 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,869 Posts
finished

A few nights work with tape,vinyl and an exacto knife.

Himax 2815-2000,TP 3S-2500, graupner speedcam 5.5x4.3 prop, depron fins, glassed balsa ailerons+carbon horns.

All this for a foamie... crazy!
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
Last edited by OzDragonFlyer; Aug 31, 2005 at 07:34 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 07:51 AM
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
Joined Apr 2004
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo
I'm all for saving a few bucks. My stryker has a CF (wally world arrow) going through the middle of the fuse so I've lost about a 1cm (about 1/2 inch) from the bottom of the battery bay.

Do you think this pack could be mounted horizontally if I trimmed some of the foam?

Hmmnnnn May needs some pictures to see cause it does come pretty close to needing most of that area. However I love finding unconventional ways of mounting batteries. I have an idea to cut a horizonal hole in the side of the fuesalage and mound flat packs that way. It wuld be cool cause both sides of the battery get air and can be cooled and it allows you to use wide packs. Havent done it but I bet it would work fine. I would use velcro to strap it down in the center from inside the fusalage. Send a few pics and lets take a look.

PZ,

What kind of radio are you using. I use a hitec Flash 5 right now but if I have the wrong plane selected it will have every thing go crazy. I also have a habit of making sure that i try everything loose first cause as you figured out servos can go crazy and strip everything when it's not right.

CTD, If it flys it's on topic. LOL!

OZ,

Wow looks nice man! I like the shark effect!

Tips
Wingtips24 is offline Find More Posts by Wingtips24
Old Aug 31, 2005, 07:54 AM
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
Joined Apr 2004
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy
Ok, I'm almost done with my new project, havn't figured out what motor to put in it. It's a pusher Ultrafly F-16. Do any of you guys have one of these or know anybody that has one? I'm looking for some input on the elevator system. As you can see the elevator isn't installed yet. Actually I BROKE and Great Planes is sending new parts, free. I glassed her with .75 oz cloth and mixwax

Sorry about the off topic stuff, but I prefer asking people I feel I know better than some STRANGER. As if there could be anyone stranger than a bunch of Stryker addicts.

You can PM me so we don't clog up this thread with F-16 gooble-e-gook.

Thanks, CTD

How much is a jet like that I love F-16's
Wingtips24 is offline Find More Posts by Wingtips24
Old Aug 31, 2005, 03:31 PM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
W-Tips24,

It's $69.00 comes with a brushed 400 in a gearbox. Got it at Hobby Town USA.
You also can get brushless upgrades through Ultrafly [Great Planes]. Their BL motor is a outrunner that runs in a gear box. If I'm running a outrunner, I don't want a GB. I think they are doing this so they can produce smaller lighter motors and beef up their power with the GB, and run lower amps.

If you get one of these, the instructions are vauge at best. Also theres mods for the elevator. PM me if you want to get one.

CTD
Old Aug 31, 2005, 08:07 PM
Wilmington DE
Joined Sep 2004
54 Posts
Thanks Wildtech. I wasn't actually going to connect them to a servo. I was just going to put in canards that were fixed. Maybe I wil reconsider and make them actually move.
defcon1 is offline Find More Posts by defcon1
Old Aug 31, 2005, 08:50 PM
Joined Aug 2005
12 Posts
when you hook up two 3s1p packs together the voltage stays the same and everything else doubles(Mah,amps,cont.discharge amps) ?
al_ford is offline Find More Posts by al_ford